Generic Gaming thread (formerly known as the PS4 Thread)

Iakona

On 09/10/2020 at 01:06, BridgeIsBlue said:

Aye do them in White Orchard to start with, you'll find Places of Power which will give you a free level and certain sign bonuses for a period of time. 

I feel like I'm actually starting to get somewhere now :lol:

Done pretty much all there was to do in white Orchard,  moved onto Vereen.  Got to level 5.

Using the sign you told me to use has been a great help.

3 minutes ago, gogzy said:

I feel like I'm actually starting to get somewhere now :lol:

Done pretty much all there was to do in white Orchard,  moved onto Vereen.  Got to level 5.

Using the sign you told me to use has been a great help.

Game starts to open out a lot more once you get to Velen and Novigrad, but be wary of venturing into places unknown as you'll quickly find a ton of enemies than can fuck you up easily. 

Stick with it and I'm convinced you'll thoroughly enjoy it mate, can't get enough of the universe myself after playing the game, planning on getting the books at some point in the future as well. 

Are the contracts worth it mate for legendary gear etc? @BridgeIsBlue also, if I’ve left them to the side for a while and they’re now really under-levelled in comparison are they irrelevant now or can you scale up the rewards to your current level / requirements at all?

2 minutes ago, CR3 said:

Are the contracts worth it mate for legendary gear etc? @BridgeIsBlue also, if I’ve left them to the side for a while and they’re now really under-levelled in comparison are they irrelevant now or can you scale up the rewards to your current level / requirements at all?

You mean the treasure hunts? 

I think general loot scales with your level but weapons and armour won't if they're tied into certain sets. 

Witcher Gear is by far and away the best in the game. 

“Witcher Gear” is the rarest and highest quality class of equipment above the likes of “Master” and “Magic”. Witcher gear is coloured green in your inventory.

There are four witcher gear sets in the base version of The Witcher 3, with another four available through DLCs (some free, some paid).

Each gear set generally includes a full armor set, a silver sword, a steel sword, and sometimes a crossbow.

For each piece of equipment in a set you’ll need to track down its blueprint diagrams in the world before you’re able to craft it. Tracking down these blueprints is the basis for the various “Scavenger Hunt” side quests.

Gear sets are so sought after because the equipment in each set is among the strongest in the game. What’s more, each piece in most gear sets can be upgraded several times with additional materials and blueprints.

The upgrade stages for most gear sets are, from lowest to highest: Basic, Enhanced, Superior, Mastercrafted, and Grandmaster. In New Game +, you’re able to craft Legendary variants of each of these levels.

One final piece of advice: don’t ignore the suggested levels on the Scavenger Hunt quests. They’re not just the recommended level for defeating the enemies guarding the diagrams; they’re also the required level for actually equipping the gear once you’ve crafted it. So don’t bother rushing a set long before you’ve reached the suggested level.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2020/08/21/the-witcher-3-armor-sets-how-to-get-the-best-witcher-gear-3/

I'll be going for the Ursine Armour as I'm playing on Death March and need the defence boosts it gives. 

Gave Fallout 4 a try for the 3rd or 4th time, every other time I've not been able to get into it, stuck with it a little longer this time and now I can't put it down! Racked up about 100 hours of gameplay and I've barely even touched the story. Settlement building is a pain in the arse buy.

5 hours ago, CR3 said:

had a notion to back to Shadow of the Tomb Raider to do all the challenge tombs. This game might be the nicest game I’ve played graphically and best HDR I’ve seen yet. 

I played rise of the tomb raider first and as much as shadow was a better game graphically, i felt there wasnt enough action compared to puzzles for me, i seemed to carry around a full complement of ammo for all guns and bow and nothing to do but shoot animals which is boring after a while

28 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

I played rise of the tomb raider first and as much as shadow was a better game graphically, i felt there wasnt enough action compared to puzzles for me, i seemed to carry around a full complement of ammo for all guns and bow and nothing to do but shoot animals which is boring after a while

Aye, I think you’re probably looking to go into NewGame+ to respawn all your enemies whereas I’m looking to complete all the tombs and collect everything without AI pests shooting me😂 The DLC looks like it has 7 Challenge tombs so that’s up next.

7 hours ago, CR3 said:

Aye, I think you’re probably looking to go into NewGame+ to respawn all your enemies whereas I’m looking to complete all the tombs and collect everything without AI pests shooting me😂 The DLC looks like it has 7 Challenge tombs so that’s up next.

I didn't finish shadow lol, got too boring lol 

On 13/10/2020 at 18:50, lidorfc said:

Gave Fallout 4 a try for the 3rd or 4th time, every other time I've not been able to get into it, stuck with it a little longer this time and now I can't put it down! Racked up about 100 hours of gameplay and I've barely even touched the story. Settlement building is a pain in the arse buy.

Folk hate it, but it’s one of my favourite games. Think it’s brilliant. 

1 hour ago, CR3 said:

Fallout 4 Far Harbour DLC was fantastic btw if you hadn’t got it. Great story line and change of scenery. Wasn’t mad about the theme park one after it called Nuka World though. @graeme_4 @lidorfc

Not sure if I'll need to buy the game to play the DLC? I've been playing it off of the subscription service.

23 minutes ago, lidorfc said:

Not sure if I'll need to buy the game to play the DLC? I've been playing it off of the subscription service.

do you know if it was the game of the year edition added to the game pass? That would include them but I'm not sure.

27 minutes ago, CR3 said:

do you know if it was the game of the year edition added to the game pass? That would include them but I'm not sure.

I dont think it's the game of the year addition, I might just pick that up, shouldn't be that much anyway, hopefully my save carries over.

1 hour ago, lidorfc said:

I dont think it's the game of the year addition, I might just pick that up, shouldn't be that much anyway, hopefully my save carries over.

see what you can get Far Harbour for in the Store for first, I'm trying to think if your base game from the game pass would just add on the content if you bought a DLC etc, it should though eh. Found the GOTY edition for 23.99 https://www.cdkeys.com/fallout-4-game-of-the-year-edition-xbox-one-uk 

13 hours ago, DBBTB said:

I finished the story but I didn’t think it was anywhere near as good as Rise of the Tomb Raider.

Aye, rise to me had the perfect blend of action and puzzles/exploration, really enjoyed that which is probably why im so disappointed in shadow, wish id played them the opposite way around lol