Generic Gaming thread (formerly known as the PS4 Thread)

Iakona

18 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I completed Resi 3 the other day on nightmare in 1 hr 20 minutes. Madness how quick you can complete them after a few attempts and especially with unlimited ammo.

It took so long because I wasn’t really getting into it at first and was sort of half arsing it. It actually felt a lot shorter as a game than the original did too but i suppose that could be because I’m over 20 years older now.

On 21/10/2020 at 22:49, graeme_4 said:

Been playing Last of Us 2. Thought it was absolutely brilliant first half, but then you were Abbey (the one you’ve been hunting for revenge) for the second half. 

Played about 3 hours but just couldn’t get into it. Ended up just YouTubing the ending (which was good). Can see why so many hated the game though. 

Played the first one, goes without saying it's an amazing game. The more I've read about the second one, the less I'm likely to buy it. 

Like you say a hell of a lot of people hate the game. I don't understand developers making something amazing then changing it so radically for a sequel, if it's no broke why fix it?

14 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Finished my Leon A run through a little while ago there. 7 hours 18 minutes. I’ll definitely by playing it through again to improve on that :lol:🥴

Always happens in a new resi game, you'll remember short cuts, enemy placements, when to take stuff and when to leave it etc, and drastically reduce that time

Do claire b run now for the true ending 👍

1 hour ago, Swally said:

Played the first one, goes without saying it's an amazing game. The more I've read about the second one, the less I'm likely to buy it. 

Like you say a hell of a lot of people hate the game. I don't understand developers making something amazing then changing it so radically for a sequel, if it's no broke why fix it?

Gameplay is far better than the first one but the story ruins everything about the series. 

3 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I went and completed RE4 on professional for my platinum trophy and think I hit about 18 hours + 😅

My first run on RE2 was 6/7 hours odd Im sure. 

Same for me, whenever i play a new resi i always take longer to soak up the atmosphere, the resi 2 remake i was crawling around the police station as it was so atmospheric and engrossing, i wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything 

32 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Same, I make sure Ive collected every item and have fully explored each room.

Also, if you die and hit continue it adds to the overall time. Better reloading from a specific save if wanting to save time.

The times never bothered me, i paid a fiver for the dlc guns instead, any playthrough I've done ive always done at my own pace to enjoy it, never understood people that buy a game and within a day are doing speedruns, what a monumental waste of money

Think am gonna download this again now lol

42 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Same, I make sure Ive collected every item and have fully explored each room.

Also, if you die and hit continue it adds to the overall time. Better reloading from a specific save if wanting to save time.

Scratch my last post, went to download it again, seen xcom 2 and gonna do that first before miles morales comes out in 10 days lol, 

@BridgeIsBlue was on a roll in the Witcher until I got to this Shaelmaar boss at the start of blood and wine.  

Got a 400 damage sword (might be slightly less needing repair) and wasn’t even doing much to it.😂

Might be one of those fights you were saying where you need to look into it’s weaknesses. Got a bit impatient after a couple tries, by no means a hard fight as it basically runs into the wall and falls on its back but it would take ages the damage I’m doing to it!

8 hours ago, Finny said:

Just started ghost of tshumia not sure if I can get into it or not yet. Its like a Chinese Red dead🤣🤣🤣

Looks fantastic that game. Would basically be one of the first exclusives I’d play getting a PS4 Pro

19 minutes ago, CR3 said:

@BridgeIsBlue was on a roll in the Witcher until I got to this Shaelmaar boss at the start of blood and wine.  

Got a 400 damage sword (might be slightly less needing repair) and wasn’t even doing much to it.😂

Might be one of those fights you were saying where you need to look into it’s weaknesses. Got a bit inpatient after a couple tries, by no means a hard fight as it basically runs into the wall and falls on its back but it would take ages the damage I’m doing to it!

What level are you atm? 

Best thing to do is chuck bombs at the wall and let it run into it as it's blind and attracted to sound, when it's on its back hit it relentlessly, use oils as well plus potions to boost your attack. 

23 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

What level are you atm?

36 mate. Pretty much the right level and no more roughly, aye I try and chuck on oils but it’s what type of enemy Shaelmaar is that I’ll look into.

That Death March solid you play on then?

3 minutes ago, CR3 said:

36 mate. Pretty much the right level and no more (roughly) aye I try and chuck on oils but it’s what type of enemy Shaelmaar is that I’ll look into.

That Death March solid you play on then?

It can be but I'm sticking to quests that are my level or one above mostly, just under LVL 15 with near 60 hours on this playthrough so I'm taking my time, started watching the Netflix series again as well :lol:

15 hours ago, Iakona said:

I'm pretty sure Harry Potter is multi-plat?

thought it was PS only. I know that WuKong is going to be. Not even watched any of the Potter films😂

Was just after seeing this game engine developer going over it, actually looked not terrible.

Almost finished my B run with Claire and tbh I haven’t been too impressed with it.

I know there are a few changes (police chief for example) but I expected it to be a completely different game to what Leon’s A run was so I was a bit disappointed to see that a lot of the beats in terms of things like bosses and key items are the exact same, and in the exact same places, as they are in Leon’s A campaign. 

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

Also how can Mr X be ripped apart by William in Claire’s game but still be around later on in Leon’s game? 

I know there’s a theory that there were “two” tyrants released but to me that just seems like a bit of a cop out and lazy.

With remake 2 the play thoughs arent meant to intertwine exactly apparently, so one person faces the worst of the bad guys while the other doesn't, 

Yeah its a bit shit, id just go with the two mr x theories instead, make it feel a bit better lol