Generic Gaming thread (formerly known as the PS4 Thread)

Iakona

8 hours ago, The Godfather said:

With the sound of my Ps4s fan I'd assume firing this up would turn my house to ashes. 

I spent £60 on that Ghost of Tsushima when it came out and only played 5mins cos my PS4 was due exploding. 

7 hours ago, CR3 said:

A normal PS4 is 7 years old now, goes without saying don’t play cyberpunk on it expecting it to run well.

There's not running well then there's cyberpunk 2077. I've seen alot of people comparing this to GTA 5 on the PS3... But that ran alot better than cyberpunk does on a PS4. Textures not loading, large stutters and regularly dropping to under 20fps is robbery.

The game has been in development for at least 8 years.. it was targeting PS4 and Xbox one hardware specs. It's just extremely poor optimisation... (I suspect most of their time has went into the pc version). The saving grace is most of cdprojekts games are a mess to begin with, even the Witcher 3 was dogshit on the PS4 at launch.

So many people are trying to defend cdprojekt. However if this was EA or ubisoft the story would be very different.

It'll be patched up, tweaks will happen and a visual downgrade will come, so it will run alot smoother in the end. I'm just not a fan of trying to defend companies taking money and releasing products that aren't fit for purpose.

I played Cyberpunk for a good 4 hours last night on the XBoxX, had a few wee glitchy moments but was quite enjoying it.  It is pretty story heavy, general game play is decent enough but nothing not seen 100 times before. 

You can see the game it wants to be it has just missed the mark, I am holding of on full judgement until the next gen release. 

Seems like a time of Limbo for gaming just now. I don't want to purchase anything on the PS4 that I know will run better on PS5, even though I really need something new to play, and I know I'll love Miles Morales.

Opted to start binging Schitt's Creek instead which is nicely filling a gap in my TV time.

1 hour ago, Marky. said:

Seems like a time of Limbo for gaming just now. I don't want to purchase anything on the PS4 that I know will run better on PS5, even though I really need something new to play, and I know I'll love Miles Morales.

Opted to start binging Schitt's Creek instead which is nicely filling a gap in my TV time.

That's the same as me. I'm not buying any new games that I'll know I'll get on a PS5. Just a case of completing games before then.

7 hours ago, aird said:

That's the same as me. I'm not buying any new games that I'll know I'll get on a PS5. Just a case of completing games before then.

I've fired back onto the Switch for now to get back into Breath of the Wild. These types of massive open games I sometimes struggle with due to no real direction, but I'm desperate to keep trying.

5 hours ago, Nameless Ghoul said:

Send me pm of ur username on it if u want a game. Unless ur champion level or something daft 😂

Don't mind sharing on here, it's MarkyG360.

I'm not particularly good, solid Platinum level but hate coming against folk who always go for aerials.

56 minutes ago, Marky. said:

Don't mind sharing on here, it's MarkyG360.

I'm not particularly good, solid Platinum level but hate coming against folk who always go for aerials.

Just looking to add rocket league ID mate. I'm platinum too. Platinum III is my highest but usually just get hammered around that level lol

15 hours ago, ChampionsAgain said:

Finding Cyberpunk a lot to process and pretty difficult. A bit buggy but not unplayable. 

I’m pondering just avoiding it until it’s about patched fuck out of. It’s borderline for me, but the AI mechanics for NPCs is really poor. No actual driving mechanics for police is jarring as fuck, they just appear when you commit a crime.

I enjoy the game in shades but the bad is slightly outweighing the good at the minute.

47 minutes ago, ScottBF2 said:

I’m pondering just avoiding it until it’s about patched fuck out of. It’s borderline for me, but the AI mechanics for NPCs is really poor. No actual driving mechanics for police is jarring as fuck, they just appear when you commit a crime.

I enjoy the game in shades but the bad is slightly outweighing the good at the minute.

The more I play it the worse it’s getting, I’m 10% the way through but I’m thinking I’ll restart it until it’s patched up

14 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

20201214_153046.thumb.jpg.a5e0e289b7716a5a89a3c7640b076147.jpg

Still don't understand why they didn't just wait to release it on the new systems. 

in an ideal world all games would be platform agnostic meaning you could receive a similar experience on all generations but it’s just not like that. Common sense should hopefully prevail on the fact a PS4 plays it horribly. 700-900p 15 frames per second 

2 hours ago, CR3 said:

Don’t think they should need to apologise or appease people who aren’t invested or interested enough to stay even a few years up to date on consoles, then somehow want to jump into this and get the same experience to someone on a new one tbh. Shouldn’t have been allowed to play it on 7 year old consoles or if so a heavily watered down pish looking version they deserve and can run, games quality were already getting compromised with that lot a year or two ago. 

They shouldn't apologise for misleading customers and knowingly selling something that's not fit for purpose? What?

They had been telling people for nearly 8 years that they were targeting PS4/Xbox one hardware. It's not the consumers fault if the developer then decides to overshoot that. 

If it was truly holding them back then base PS4/Xbox one versions should have either been delayed again or completely cancelled. People weren't expecting 1080p with a rock solid 30fps here... Even if they got it running at 720p with with a consistent enough 30fps, most people wouldnt even care enough to whinge.

Like I said the other day.. if it was EA or Ubisoft people wouldn't be making excuses. It would be the usual money grabbing patter.

10 hours ago, Iakona said:

They shouldn't apologise for misleading customers and knowingly selling something that's not fit for purpose? What?

They had been telling people for nearly 8 years that they were targeting PS4/Xbox one hardware. It's not the consumers fault if the developer then decides to overshoot that. 

If it was truly holding them back then base PS4/Xbox one versions should have either been delayed again or completely cancelled. People weren't expecting 1080p with a rock solid 30fps here... Even if they got it running at 720p with with a consistent enough 30fps, most people wouldnt even care enough to whinge.

Like I said the other day.. if it was EA or Ubisoft people wouldn't be making excuses. It would be the usual money grabbing patter.

Common sense should prevail in regards to this title whilst trying to play it on a 3 previous generations ago machine but that’s not always the case - in an ideal world all games would be platform-agnostic but it doesn’t work like that. Too many variables.

Could be argued it was forced out a tad early due to a publisher/money, but what other massive open world RPG hasn’t had bugs or a fairly ropey release - I’ll take Fallout 76 for example, still shite and fairly broken.

I haven’t had a freeze or been dashboarded after the patch a day or two after it’s release, if that it coming out a bit early was needed so that these issues have thrust them into fixing it quickly, then it’s worked and will be for the greater good of the game.