Generic Gaming thread (formerly known as the PS4 Thread)

Iakona

5 hours ago, CR3 said:

Shorter than expected 20 hour main story approx.

6857E42B-FFD0-42F8-AEBB-DD2E44A54938.jpeg

Did you blast through it or take your time? 

Not watched any reviews for it yet, but like TW3 once the game has been out for a while it will get better in time due to patches and more content added to it. 

Starting to work through all my single player games that I've bought but not played. Been going through Resident Evil 2, game is so stingy when it comes to ammo or herbs, zombies are ridiculous. Nearly at the end, fighting William in the NEST, my health is critical and I've no ammo. Also missed the magnum, wondering if it's best to reload an earlier save and get the magnum 😂

17 hours ago, CR3 said:

Common sense should prevail in regards to this title whilst trying to play it on a 3 previous generations ago machine but that’s not always the case - in an ideal world all games would be platform-agnostic but it doesn’t work like that. Too many variables.

Could be argued it was forced out a tad early due to a publisher/money, but what other massive open world RPG hasn’t had bugs or a fairly ropey release - I’ll take Fallout 76 for example, still shite and fairly broken.

I haven’t had a freeze or been dashboarded after the patch a day or two after it’s release, if that it coming out a bit early was needed so that these issues have thrust them into fixing it quickly, then it’s worked and will be for the greater good of the game.

It's not common sense though. Your average console gamer has no idea about any potential hardware requirements or what is and isn't possible. They shouldn't need to either as the main selling point of a console is the convenience, you pop in a game and play, you don't need to invest in the in's and out's. Although it does seem most people(not directed at you) pushing the "ancient hardware" excuse don't know much more given some of the drivel that's been spotted.

The consumer should be able to trust a developer who is selling a product on good faith that it will run at an acceptable level on the advertised hardware. I'm not sure why anyone would genuinely believe otherwise. 

Again cdprojekt announced this game before the PS4 even came out... they have always said it was being developed for these consoles and that didn't change. The consumer is entirely justified by expecting it to be playable.

It's not really an argument, it's a fact. The game took far longer to develop than expected for a variety of reasons, and a result of that is they will have massively overspent. The directors and shareholders would have been looking for a return on their investments so the game was forced out despite not being ready. It appears they knew this(they've basically admitted it) and focused their resources into getting the pc version ready instead. It's why they never bothered to show any console gameplay pre-release, which again they've admitted. 

The bugs are understandable however releasing an unoptimised mess is not cool. They deserve the backlash just like the one EA, ubisoft and Bethesda get when they done fucked up.

8 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Did you blast through it or take your time? 

Not watched any reviews for it yet, but like TW3 once the game has been out for a while it will get better in time due to patches and more content added to it. 

I patched this annoying baldy guy called Delamain that wants you to go and chase about his taxis like a blue arse fly like it’s GTA. Your side jobs all come back when you finish anyway, it’s not like I only done main missions - there was a good few sides thrown in but not too many gigs, I only enjoyed most of the mains (it’s shorter than you’d think) 

2 hours ago, CR3 said:

I patched this annoying baldy guy called Delamain that wants you to go and chase about his taxis like a blue arse fly like it’s GTA. Your side jobs all come back when you finish anyway, it’s not like I only done main missions - there was a good few sides thrown in but not too many gigs, I only enjoyed most of the mains (it’s shorter than you’d think) 

Just for comparison my latest playthrough of TW3 that I started months ago has over 120 hours on it so far, and I've only just picked up Uma and took him to Kaer Morhen, not touched any of the DLC expansions yet either. 

On 18/12/2020 at 10:36, Tak3rNo1 said:

I might try and batter through the game the next few days then get my 50 quid back 😂

Already chanced my arm with Xbox customer support and listed all the bugs I got and troubleshooting, tried uninstall/reinstalling it and they said naw! Maybe they checked the achievements and seen the ‘completed the main story’ one unlocked😂

On 15/12/2020 at 11:48, FlippinEck said:

Been playing Cyberpunk on PC and enjoying it! 

Yeah, I liked it, leaving aside the bugs and performance issues, the basis of a great game is there and I enjoyed the story. Overall, it could of and should of been better though, but that being said I did play it on PS4...

36 minutes ago, philiprfc said:

Yeah, I liked it, leaving aside the bugs and performance issues, the basis of a great game is there and I enjoyed the story. Overall, it could of and should of been better though, but that being said I did play it on PS4...

Be 10x better with the PS5 upgrade when it comes out mate. 

4 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Be 10x better with the PS5 upgrade when it comes out mate. 

I really believe it's a rough diamond, they need to add a bit more to the world, add new ways of exploring it (it's the future and we are still stuck to exploring on the ground on foot or in cars), more things to do if you aren't just doing missions.

17 hours ago, CR3 said:

The guys at Digital Foundry aren't confident that it can be patched to a satisfactory degree on the old hardware, but I'm hoping that it can at least be stabilised on the One X and PS4 Pro, maybe keep the frame-rate somewhere around the 30-mark. If not then I'll probably give it a miss until I upgrade to a next-gen system.