Generic Gaming thread (formerly known as the PS4 Thread)

Iakona

1 hour ago, rossDas said:

but I'm hoping that it can at least be stabilised on the One X 

Completed it in 20 ish hours, after it’s first 15.9GB update in a couple of days I never had any crashes. Frame rate wasn’t the most consistent thing ever but also not the worst or bad for a game of it’s size or detail at release.  I’d only need to compare to Fallout 76 for example 

22 minutes ago, CR3 said:

Completed it in 20 ish hours, after it’s first 15.9GB update in a couple of days I never had any crashes. Frame rate wasn’t the most consistent thing ever but also not the worst or bad for a game of it’s size or detail at release.  I’d only need to compare to Fallout 76 for example 

Was there much in the way of texture loading problems and potato-people NPCs happening after the patch? That's the kind of stuff as well as sub-par frame rates that would put me off playing it.

1 hour ago, rossDas said:

Was there much in the way of texture loading problems and potato-people NPCs happening after the patch? That's the kind of stuff as well as sub-par frame rates that would put me off playing it.

The AI are pretty dead behind the eyes and don’t offer much but the NPC’s / people who you are supposed to talk to have obviously had a bit more work to them - a good way I’ve heard to describe the city is it looks nice and all that, as if it’s thriving but doesn’t feel like that. I also think you’re thrust into helping or being with characters you have no attachment to. I didn’t even feel any attachment to my own character. Keanu Reeves gets really annoying also; he would have been better as just a cameo.  These are all negatives but I could do this with any game. 

2 hours ago, rossDas said:

texture loading problems and potato-people 

Not really but I’d expect that more on the generation previous (Xbox One / PS4) 

after the 1st update to help it run a bit better I did suspect there had been a slight roll-back in graphics or Res, some of the ground had a grainy look, like a film or picture with a bit of ‘noise’

3 things to switch off btw are: Film Grain, Motion Blur and Chromatic aberration. - get them switched off straight away👍🏻

The X has more processing power than a Series S remember.

1 hour ago, SkylineBlue said:

Eventually managed to complete RDR2 over the weekend. What a game. Definitely the best RPG game ever made and possibly the best game I've ever played. Every single little detail about it was perfect. 

Best game Rockstar have made by some distance imo. 

On 18/01/2021 at 13:59, BridgeIsBlue said:

See I loved the game. I thought it was cracking and I could live with the odd crash on PS4. Graphics don't make a huge difference to me. They were not as good as the previews but my biggest gripe was how short it was. I had set myself up to put hours into it and before I knew it, I was at the point of no return.

2 hours ago, SkylineBlue said:

Eventually managed to complete RDR2 over the weekend. What a game. Definitely the best RPG game ever made and possibly the best game I've ever played. Every single little detail about it was perfect. 

Got it when it came out and my wee girl was just born so only got a chance to play the prologue. Is it worth getting into if I never really bothered with the GTA series after San Andreas?

2 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Got it when it came out and my wee girl was just born so only got a chance to play the prologue. Is it worth getting into if I never really bothered with the GTA series after San Andreas?

I had the same issue. My daughter was 2 when it came out so I got it and barely got a chance to play it. Its taken me over 2 years to complete :lol:

I'd recommend it to anyone mate. Its the best game ever made, in my opinion. I actually feel like I miss it.

Just now, SkylineBlue said:

I had the same issue. My daughter was 2 when it came out so I got it and barely got a chance to play it. Its taken me over 2 years to complete :lol:

I'd recommend it to anyone mate. Its the best game every made, in my opinion. I actually feel like I miss it.

Was prepared to deep dive into cyberpunk so this may be the perfect cure.

10 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Was prepared to deep dive into cyberpunk so this may be the perfect cure.

It's the most immersive, realistic world I've ever played in. The whole place feels organic. We always hear developers say its a "living, breathing world" they've created, but this is the first one where I would say its legit.