Generic Gaming thread (formerly known as the PS4 Thread)

Iakona

2 hours ago, lewislaudrup said:

Is there anywhere to buy games on digital download without using the Ps store?? Cause some of the prices they want for games is a joke.

As Cr3 said cdkeys is reliable, but the selection of games is extremely limited as not many titles can be sold by 3rd parties. 

Your best bet is buying discounted playstation credit from shopto, eneba or instant gaming. You can then use that credit to shop on the proper playstation store. Instant gaming normally has £50 ps credit for around £42.

18 hours ago, Iakona said:

As Cr3 said cdkeys is reliable, but the selection of games is extremely limited as not many titles can be sold by 3rd parties. 

Your best bet is buying discounted playstation credit from shopto, eneba or instant gaming. You can then use that credit to shop on the proper playstation store. Instant gaming normally has £50 ps credit for around £42.

How reliable are they 3 places for ps credit, ive always used cdkeys for the credit but if they 3 are cheaper id go to them, 

13 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

How reliable are they 3 places for ps credit, ive always used cdkeys for the credit but if they 3 are cheaper id go to them, 

Shopto are a legit retailer. Equivalent to shopping somewhere like GAME. Prices are usually around the same as cdkeys though.

Ive never personally used eneba but they are pretty popular on HotUKDeals. Not always possible to get a good deal when you need it though, it just depends on what sellers/discount codes are around at the time. Recently £50 could be had for 38 notes.

Instant gaming again is popular on hotukdeals, but it seems to be hit or miss in regards to ID checks. I've never been asked but some people have said they were requested to send in a photo of their ID to receive their code/key. I guess its some sort of stolen credit card protection. 

Cdkeys and shopto are still the best options for a potentially hassle free experience. 

21 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

I've been doing a bit of research today and apparently its better to avoid a mage as they never become powerful enough to be effective in combat in the later half of the game. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

I can confirm that you're a massive virgin.

51 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

I've been doing a bit of research today and apparently its better to avoid a mage as they never become powerful enough to be effective in combat in the later half of the game. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Skyrim? If so, absolutely deny.

Skyrim is not a difficult game for any of the classes. You will be absolutely shredding cunts by the end of it. It's also one of the easiest games to completely break by maxing enchanting, smithing and alchemy. Honestly you can literally remove the need for mana and just spam destruction skills for zero cost with the right gear.

Just play and do whatever you want, it's the best part of Elder Scrolls games.

14 minutes ago, Iakona said:

Skyrim? If so, absolutely deny.

Skyrim is not a difficult game for any of the classes. You will be absolutely shredding cunts by the end of it. It's also one of the easiest games to completely break by maxing enchanting, smithing and alchemy. Honestly you can literally remove the need for mana and just spam destruction skills for zero cost with the right gear.

Just play and do whatever you want, it's the best part of Elder Scrolls games.

Aye, Skyrim. 

Cheers man. I played Skyrim when it first came out but it never gripped me for some reason so I never really got that far through it. I'm pretty sure I played as a warrior type class last time but I just fancy something different from how I would normally play a game like this. I just didn't want to invest a lot of time in it for my character to be fucking unless later in the game.

7 hours ago, Iakona said:

Shopto are a legit retailer. Equivalent to shopping somewhere like GAME. Prices are usually around the same as cdkeys though.

Ive never personally used eneba but they are pretty popular on HotUKDeals. Not always possible to get a good deal when you need it though, it just depends on what sellers/discount codes are around at the time. Recently £50 could be had for 38 notes.

Instant gaming again is popular on hotukdeals, but it seems to be hit or miss in regards to ID checks. I've never been asked but some people have said they were requested to send in a photo of their ID to receive their code/key. I guess its some sort of stolen credit card protection. 

Cdkeys and shopto are still the best options for a potentially hassle free experience. 

Cheers mate, will probs stick to cdkeys, been using them for years and had nothing but excellent service off them

1 hour ago, SkylineBlue said:

Aye, Skyrim. 

Cheers man. I played Skyrim when it first came out but it never gripped me for some reason so I never really got that far through it. I'm pretty sure I played as a warrior type class last time but I just fancy something different from how I would normally play a game like this. I just didn't want to invest a lot of time in it for my character to be fucking unless later in the game.

If you're not playing as a Thief/Assassin with a bow and arrow you're doing it wrong. 

1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

If you're not playing as a Thief/Assassin with a bow and arrow you're doing it wrong. 

I was wanting to start the thieves guild stuff, never got round to it on my playthrough so it’ll basically be way after completing my main story and DLC’s but I can’t seem to initiate it now.  Been down in Riften speaking to them but I’m no sure if it’s still an option.

18 hours ago, CR3 said:

I was wanting to start the thieves guild stuff, never got round to it on my playthrough so it’ll basically be way after completing my main story and DLC’s but I can’t seem to initiate it now.  Been down in Riften speaking to them but I’m no sure if it’s still an option.

It's the DB quest line you're wanting more than anything else, Thieves Guild is decent but nothing can touch the Dawnguard stuff imo. 

7 minutes ago, siamthedanger said:

Are the Assasins Creed games any good and are they similar to The Witcher? Couldn't get into the Witcher at all, so not wanting to waste time with Assasins Creed if it's similar..

The new Assasin's Creed Valhalla game is absolutely brilliant. Haven't played the Witcher so can't compare.

Also, you get a hell of a lot of game for your purchase on Valhalla because there's not a focus on online content.

I don't know how many hours I've played on it since I bought it (I'm probably averaging 4/5 hours a night) but I'm still only at 17% completion and I've had it nearly two weeks. Lots to do and explore. Plus if you get the season pass there's extra content now and two more updates coming with side sagas.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Didn't think this merited its own thread but PSN/Store for PS3 and below including Vita and PSP is closing down in July and August.   Also Microsoft are shutting down their Halo servers for Xbox 360 in December.