Generic Gaming thread (formerly known as the PS4 Thread)

Iakona

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Finished RE7 again before #8 releases on the 7th.

Class mate. Absolutely loved RE7. Played on PC with headphones and the headphones made a huge difference to immersion. Absolutely terrified me in particular the jump scares. Hopefully VIIIage is the same or better. Graphics look unreal.

One day I'll go back a d play RE7 on PSVR. Even though I've completed it and know what to expect I know it will be horrific.

59 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Class mate. Absolutely loved RE7. Played on PC with headphones and the headphones made a huge difference to immersion. Absolutely terrified me in particular the jump scares. Hopefully VIIIage is the same or better. Graphics look unreal.

One day I'll go back a d play RE7 on PSVR. Even though I've completed it and know what to expect I know it will be horrific.

Werewolves in RE8 😍

5 hours ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Downloaded the new baseball game since it is on gamepass, actually enjoying it since getting to grips with the controls as there's nothing more satisfying than hitting a home run. 

I got MLB the show aswell but I’m no having any luck with it, hopeless:lol: think I uninstalled it tbh

45 minutes ago, CR3 said:

I got MLB the show aswell but I’m no having any luck with it, hopeless:lol: think I uninstalled it tbh

Ive just been playing road to the show basically there version of career mode start off in the minor leagues 😂 frustrating as fuck getting used to the baserunning at first though my guy is hitting it for a single and trying to run for a triple getting put out everytime. 

Just bought an Xbox Series S, not sure what I'm going to do living wise next year so figured might go for the cheaper option and can get a PS5 in a couple of years once a load of exclusives are out for it.

Any gamepass reccomendations? Probably gonna go through the Yakuza series first.

Gave the Resident Evil Village demo a shot. Good atmosphere and strong RE4 vibes, but I quickly found myself out of ammo and overwhelmed by monsters in the village portion of the demo. Seems standing your ground isn't always the best option, at least not in the early stages of the game.

6 hours ago, J-Maestro said:

Any gamepass reccomendations?

What type of games do you usually play?

I play loads but here’s a few good ones in no order: Star Wars Fallen order, Gears, Destiny 2, Doom Eternal, Fallout 4 & Skyrim Remastered even though older is always a shout. You also have newer games like Outriders & DiRt 5 to take advantage of

1 hour ago, rossDas said:

Gave the Resident Evil Village demo a shot. Good atmosphere and strong RE4 vibes, but I quickly found myself out of ammo and overwhelmed by monsters in the village portion of the demo. Seems standing your ground isn't always the best option, at least not in the early stages of the game.

I’m thinking about playing Biohazard this week before Village as that was meant to be the first of a trilogy of games, village being the second. I’ve not played a horror since Alien Isolation I think and even at that only a couple of hours into it, the music and atmosphere of them just gives me pure anxiety:lol:

10 hours ago, CR3 said:

I’m thinking about playing Biohazard this week before Village as that was meant to be the first of a trilogy of games, village being the second. I’ve not played a horror since Alien Isolation I think and even at that only a couple of hours into it, the music and atmosphere of them just gives me pure anxiety:lol:

I'm in the same boat. Haven't had the energy for horror games since my op, and need to fire through RE7 before playing the new one. Judging by the demo it should be pretty good.

On 04/05/2021 at 20:47, Jimbeamjunior said:

Resi 7 never appealed to me due to the first person viewpoint

Honestly mate, it's one of the best in the whole franchise. Was a modern update on the classic games. Was not sure about it myself but was incredible.

Just now, siamthedanger said:

Swithering on getting RE8 for the PS4 just now or waiting till I get a PS5 in two years time. 

just seen it's £59.99 at game for the PS4, i'd hope thats because it's compatible with PS5 via a patch to upgrade it the cheeky bastards. 

3 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

just seen it's £59.99 at game for the PS4, i'd hope thats because it's compatible with PS5 via a patch to upgrade it the cheeky bastards. 

That's cause GAME are bumping bastards. Tesco have the PS5(and I assume ps4) version for £40 - clubcard price. Been pretty easy to pre-order it online for under £45 too.

But yeah, it is one of the games that comes with a free upgrade. 

I've not played a RE since number 4. I was tempted by Village - but the story is only like 9-10 hours long so I'll wait until it's under £20 I think. Once the initial release hype dies down the discounts will deep. Not much replay value as you can't go back for collectibles when the story is over... So there will be lots on the pre-owned market very soon.

4 hours ago, Iakona said:

That's cause GAME are bumping bastards. Tesco have the PS5(and I assume ps4) version for £40 - clubcard price. Been pretty easy to pre-order it online for under £45 too.

But yeah, it is one of the games that comes with a free upgrade. 

I've not played a RE since number 4. I was tempted by Village - but the story is only like 9-10 hours long so I'll wait until it's under £20 I think. Once the initial release hype dies down the discounts will deep. Not much replay value as you can't go back for collectibles when the story is over... So there will be lots on the pre-owned market very soon.

cheers for the heads up bud, i found it for £42 online but will head to tesco