Generic Gaming thread (formerly known as the PS4 Thread)

Iakona

4 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Mass effect remake is brilliant. One of my all time favourite trilogies.

Because I basically played halo 2/3 to death around that time I picked up mass effect thinking the shooting was going to be decent in comparison to those whereas it’s a lot more about the cinematics/dialogue. Unfortunately didn’t get into them back then and can’t see me now, I’ve heard 2 is really good though.

5 hours ago, CR3 said:

Because I basically played halo 2/3 to death around that time I picked up mass effect thinking the shooting was going to be decent in comparison to those whereas it’s a lot more about the cinematics/dialogue. Unfortunately didn’t get into them back then and can’t see me now, I’ve heard 2 is really good though.

Aye the combat system was just ok. Much improved now. Never got the chance to play Halo coming from PlayStation all my days. This game truly ties into the next. Choices you make in the first game have an affect on the 3rd game and such. It is story driven but not very linear. Can do so much. Cracking big pile of sci-fi goodness. 

On 06/06/2021 at 13:00, BridgeIsBlue said:

Gonna start this as soon as I finish GOT. 

Prepare to lose 150 hours.

On 06/06/2021 at 01:33, Malkytfp1 said:

Mass effect remake is brilliant. One of my all time favourite trilogies.

The nostalgia properly hit when the first screen for the ME1 came on. Running about with Wrex and Garrus just the same as last time.

21 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Prepare to lose 150 hours.

The nostalgia properly hit when the first screen for the ME1 came on. Running about with Wrex and Garrus just the same as last time.

I'm on 3 already. First one was very nostalgic but lacked a lot compared to 2. The second one was excellent. Never been a game like it where decisions made in the first game have an affect on the third game.

6 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Btw how is GOT? I've read good things but never been big on slashing type games wae no guns. 

Only a few hours in but it's phenomenal so far, it's like a mix of Shadow of Mordor and Sekiro. The world itself is breathtaking, I've not really experienced a game like it tbh. 

Found myself watching YouTube videos about the samurai and the history of Japan after playing it :lol:

Also, if you do pick it up make sure to play with Japanese audio and English subtitles. 

11 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Only a few hours in but it's phenomenal so far, it's like a mix of Shadow of Mordor and Sekiro. The world itself is breathtaking, I've not really experienced a game like it tbh. 

Found myself watching YouTube videos about the samurai and the history of Japan after playing it :lol:

Also, if you do pick it up make sure to play with Japanese audio and English subtitles. 

Any decent cunts on YouTube to watch do walkthroughs on it? 

1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Nice. Aye funnily enough I got hooked on the new Netflix show about the Japanese samurai and got me thinking about buying it. Think that will be my next stop after mass effect.

26 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Playing God of War at the moment and I’m really struggling to get into it. I don’t like the combat at all. Far too clunky control/command wise but fast paced on the screen for my liking. 

As BiB said, stick with it, once you start unlocking abilities it gets alot better. Plus Blades of chaos. 

If nothing else the story is worth the ride.

If all else is lost just play on easy, you can pretty much glide through the combat sections without much thought. 

3 hours ago, stevemac said:

Xbox series s vs ps4 pro? Debating trading my ps4 pro in for a series s and just getting game pass. Worth it for the graphical improvements or nah?

Wouldn’t get a Series S, some games drop a lot in resolution to 1080 or even under to perform apparently but it is a £250 console at the end of the day. An ‘X’ is more powerful even though technically last generation, but that was a £450 console 3 years ago, does 4k HDR 60 frames fine. So your versus should probably be an X vs PS4 Pro and then it’s just down to which exclusives or what your friends are on.. an X is the more powerful out those two - fwiw👍🏻

50 minutes ago, CR3 said:

Wouldn’t get a Series S, some games drop a lot in resolution to 1080 or even under to perform apparently but it is a £250 console at the end of the day. An ‘X’ is more powerful even though technically last generation, but that was a £450 console 3 years ago, does 4k HDR 60 frames fine. So your versus should probably be an X vs PS4 Pro and then it’s just down to which exclusives or what your friends are on.. an X is the more powerful out those two - fwiw👍🏻

Aye I get the X is the all singing all dancing and tbh I hadn't really thought of next gen as I only got the ps4 pro a few months back as was cheap to doss about on.

Only reason I ask is currently game do a trade in deal (runs out tomorrow) where you get a series s for 49 if you trade in a ps4 pro, and with the 6 games I have id probably get it as a straight trade. Thohght game pass would make up for the lack of optical drive.

On 20/06/2021 at 23:41, stevemac said:

Aye I get the X is the all singing all dancing and tbh I hadn't really thought of next gen as I only got the ps4 pro a few months back as was cheap to doss about on.

Only reason I ask is currently game do a trade in deal (runs out tomorrow) where you get a series s for 49 if you trade in a ps4 pro, and with the 6 games I have id probably get it as a straight trade. Thohght game pass would make up for the lack of optical drive.

if you’ve already had your fun with the PS4 Pro and the games you wanted to play then why not I guess. Considering the limited Xbox stock you could probably flip that for it’s face-value I’d imagine if you had second thoughts.