Generic Gaming thread (formerly known as the PS4 Thread)

Iakona

6 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Btw how is GOT? I've read good things but never been big on slashing type games wae no guns. 

Only a few hours in but it's phenomenal so far, it's like a mix of Shadow of Mordor and Sekiro. The world itself is breathtaking, I've not really experienced a game like it tbh. 

Found myself watching YouTube videos about the samurai and the history of Japan after playing it :lol:

Also, if you do pick it up make sure to play with Japanese audio and English subtitles. 

CR3 and Malkytfp1 like this

11 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Only a few hours in but it's phenomenal so far, it's like a mix of Shadow of Mordor and Sekiro. The world itself is breathtaking, I've not really experienced a game like it tbh. 

Found myself watching YouTube videos about the samurai and the history of Japan after playing it :lol:

Also, if you do pick it up make sure to play with Japanese audio and English subtitles. 

Any decent cunts on YouTube to watch do walkthroughs on it? 

1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Nice. Aye funnily enough I got hooked on the new Netflix show about the Japanese samurai and got me thinking about buying it. Think that will be my next stop after mass effect.

BridgeIsBlue likes this

Playing God of War at the moment and I’m really struggling to get into it. I don’t like the combat at all. Far too clunky control/command wise but fast paced on the screen for my liking. 

13 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Playing God of War at the moment and I’m really struggling to get into it. I don’t like the combat at all. Far too clunky control/command wise but fast paced on the screen for my liking. 

Stick with it. 

DBBTB likes this

26 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

As BiB said, stick with it, once you start unlocking abilities it gets alot better. Plus Blades of chaos. 

If nothing else the story is worth the ride.

If all else is lost just play on easy, you can pretty much glide through the combat sections without much thought. 

DBBTB and BridgeIsBlue like this

3 hours ago, stevemac said:

Xbox series s vs ps4 pro? Debating trading my ps4 pro in for a series s and just getting game pass. Worth it for the graphical improvements or nah?

Wouldn’t get a Series S, some games drop a lot in resolution to 1080 or even under to perform apparently but it is a £250 console at the end of the day. An ‘X’ is more powerful even though technically last generation, but that was a £450 console 3 years ago, does 4k HDR 60 frames fine. So your versus should probably be an X vs PS4 Pro and then it’s just down to which exclusives or what your friends are on.. an X is the more powerful out those two - fwiw👍🏻

50 minutes ago, CR3 said:

Wouldn’t get a Series S, some games drop a lot in resolution to 1080 or even under to perform apparently but it is a £250 console at the end of the day. An ‘X’ is more powerful even though technically last generation, but that was a £450 console 3 years ago, does 4k HDR 60 frames fine. So your versus should probably be an X vs PS4 Pro and then it’s just down to which exclusives or what your friends are on.. an X is the more powerful out those two - fwiw👍🏻

Aye I get the X is the all singing all dancing and tbh I hadn't really thought of next gen as I only got the ps4 pro a few months back as was cheap to doss about on.

Only reason I ask is currently game do a trade in deal (runs out tomorrow) where you get a series s for 49 if you trade in a ps4 pro, and with the 6 games I have id probably get it as a straight trade. Thohght game pass would make up for the lack of optical drive.

On 20/06/2021 at 23:41, stevemac said:

Aye I get the X is the all singing all dancing and tbh I hadn't really thought of next gen as I only got the ps4 pro a few months back as was cheap to doss about on.

Only reason I ask is currently game do a trade in deal (runs out tomorrow) where you get a series s for 49 if you trade in a ps4 pro, and with the 6 games I have id probably get it as a straight trade. Thohght game pass would make up for the lack of optical drive.

if you’ve already had your fun with the PS4 Pro and the games you wanted to play then why not I guess. Considering the limited Xbox stock you could probably flip that for it’s face-value I’d imagine if you had second thoughts.

26 minutes ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

Yeah I've played it before it is a great game. 

The second one was shown off at E3. 

Did you get the two DLC’s? Thinking of getting them to expand the story along with the faction side quests I left.

24 minutes ago, CR3 said:

Did you get the two DLC’s? Thinking of getting them to expand the story along with the faction side quests I left.

I didn't no I played it on the game pass on the Xbox and at the time it didn't have the dlc out. 

Before the new one comes out I will run back through the entire game again though. 

CR3 likes this

Just finished the first Mass Effect again, definitely the weakest of the three but what an epic game. Could do without all the driving the Mako nonsense though, even fixed it's still a pain in the arse.

Bought Metro Exodus as it’s been enhanced with Ray Tracing for the X|S. 

Digital Foundry done a great video on it.

Will probably be on the game pass (again) with the enhancements but not anytime soon.. cant be giving away the good stuff just yet while there’s interest, maybe in 6 months.