Generic Gaming thread (formerly known as the PS4 Thread)

Iakona

5 hours ago, rabc10000 said:

Also if u haven't played them Yakuza like a dragon is a throw back to the turn based combat and completely dif to the older Yakuza games.

Judgement as well is a Yakuza spin off and is really good.

Shenmue 3 Is another good one and I think it's still on sale just now in psn for about 6 quid.

Persona 5 was decent as well but ridiculously long. Kingdom hearts 3 was no too bad as well 

I wouldn't recommend Shenmue 3 to anyone unless they have played the first 2 ganes and are playing for nostalgia. By today's gaming standards Shenmue 3 falls miles short and the only reason to play it is if you're like me and have been waiting 20 years to finish the story. I was raging that the story still hasn't been concluded and hopefully I can sit through some awful gameplay in the near future where we will, fingers crossed, get an ending in Shenmue 4.

The original idea was for the series to span 12 games long IIRC and back in the day on the Sega Dreamcast it's graphics and gameplay were ahead of their time. It even had an unheard of day and night cycle with an in game clock where you had to be home before a certain time or you would get in to bother back home. Shenmue 3 has picked up where Shenmue 2 left off and hasn't brought the gameplay up to modern standards. For fans of the series it could be seen as a a good thing that they've kept it faithful to the originals but I couldn't recommend it to people new to it. 

10 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

Where we at, is what’s the better console?

The Xbox has been slightly more powerful current and last generation, but both are good. Some make their decision based on the social side of things on which one their mates play on or exclusive games.

4 minutes ago, CR3 said:

The Xbox has been slightly more powerful current and last generation, but both are good. Some make their decision based on the social side of things on which one their mates play on etc.

Tbh all mates play cod on the Xbox but I’m pish at it and never use a mic so don’t bother. Have an Xbox one which is never used but feeling an upgrade in graphics etc might get me back into games again 

6 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

Tbh all mates play cod on the Xbox but I’m pish at it and never use a mic so don’t bother. Have an Xbox one which is never used but feeling an upgrade in graphics etc might get me back into games again 

The step up from One to One X was massive tbh whereas from One X to series X feels a slight upgrade to lighting, loading times and guaranteeing higher frames - just plays smoother but can be hard to notice sometimes* , if you got a One X you’d be going from 1080p to 4k and HDR (telly permitting) Does 60 frames on warzone I think and some other titles just not some really demanding games. Well worth jumping on the last gen for about £150 pre-owned online

2 minutes ago, CR3 said:

The step up from One to One X was massive tbh whereas from One X to series X feels a slight upgrade to lighting, loading times and guaranteeing higher frames - just plays smoother but can be hard to notice sometimes* , if you got a One X you’d be going from 1080p to 4k and HDR (telly permitting) Does 60 frames on warzone I think and some other titles just not some really demanding games. Well worth jumping on the last gen for about £150 pre-owned online

Top man, cheers 

5 hours ago, CR3 said:

Or go for a pre owned series s would be a better option for the same sort of money and gives the best compromise between new gen features

52 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Or go for a pre owned series s would be a better option for the same sort of money and gives the best compromise between new gen features

Would suit some people but you know the series S hits only like 7-900p definition on demanding games or to get decent frames? would totally avoid. Think if he’s wanting to notice a difference to get back into gaming, seeing everything in 4k would be the move.

20 minutes ago, CR3 said:

Would suit some people but you know the series S hits only like 7-900p definition on demanding games or to get decent frames? would totally avoid. Think if he’s wanting to notice a difference to get back into gaming, seeing everything in 4k would be the move.

True, I guess it's all about tradeoffs. Personally I found out once ubget used to the lightning quick load times you can never go back to the very lengthy load screens. One X would obv make more sense tho in this case

On 14/08/2021 at 19:36, Raligt said:

Anyone recommend a good rpg / open world sort of game? Finished rdr2 recently and completed witcher 3, skyrim, gta 5, borderlands

Was thinking about mass effect legendary edition.

If you can handle the old fashioned graphics the game and story of Fallout New Vegas is amazing it's a top 5 game of all time for me probably my actual favourite. 

25 minutes ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

If you can handle the old fashioned graphics the game and story of Fallout New Vegas is amazing it's a top 5 game of all time for me probably my actual favourite. 

Aye completed that one mate. What a game.

Think I'm going to get mass effect legendary edition to play through next. Should keep me busy for the next 6 months 😂

14 hours ago, CR3 said:

The difference between ps4 and 5 on our 4k TV is mental. 

9 hours ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

you’d have been better recommending outer worlds from the same makers instead of that 10 year old broken number:pipe:

4 hours ago, CR3 said:

you’d have been better recommending outer worlds from the same makers instead of that 10 year old broken number:pipe:

Outer Worlds isn't included in PSNow though New Vegas is and imo it's better despite being broken. 

Oh on PS5 Fallout 4 is free with the Network subscription too. 

1 minute ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

Not on PlayStation though we don't get that. 

That is an outstanding deal though for Xbox is the new games included? 

Yeah but it’ll be a while until Starfield or Elder Scrolls 6. Sadly! 

17 minutes ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

Not that fussed on Starfield but Deathloop is put soon isn't it? 

September 

Wasn’t a fan of Dishonoured and didn’t play Prey so I’m not expecting I’ll like it much as it’s Arkane studios. 

When it comes to Bethesda I’m all in on the Fallout/Skyrim games more or less.