Generic Gaming thread (formerly known as the PS4 Thread)

Iakona

1 hour ago, RFC55 said:

Anyone played gta5 on the new consoles?

Does it look any better or different?

Choking to play through it again for a 6th time :lol:

Wait a few weeks for the new gen upgrade, 11th November I think it is. I haven't played the campaign yet so shall batter thru it then. Believe its just runs in BC mode atm

1 hour ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

I've been playing it again recently it's really decent especially for free for the new players. 

It is very different now and much harder. 

Might download it and see how it goes however quite a few decent games out over the next 6-8 weeks so may need to wait a bit

46 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Wait a few weeks for the new gen upgrade, 11th November I think it is. I haven't played the campaign yet so shall batter thru it then. Believe its just runs in BC mode atm

It showed as March for the new update during the showcase though I was too busy buzzing my tits off at Alan Wake remastered to care much. 

53 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

On another note, just seen a tweet, apparently insomniac is making a wolverine game, now given how polished and damn good the spiderman games were, this could be very fucking decent

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/09/09/marvels-spider-man-2-and-marvels-wolverine-revealed/

Teaser in there. Not gameplay footage though. New spiderman game aswell. 

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Just make a new one.

Honestly never seen it felt such a buzz about a game before in my life

6 won't be out for a while yet, 3,VC and SA are being developed atm. 

5 was the weakest GTA imo, too diluted with 3 characters. 

4 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

6 won't be out for a while yet, 3,VC and SA are being developed atm. 

5 was the weakest GTA imo, too diluted with 3 characters. 

Never knew about those three, looking forward to VC and SA now.

Preferred it to IV and EOGT tbh, online was a let down though.

7 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2021-08-12-gta-3-vice-city-and-san-andreas-remasters-reportedly-in-the-works-for-release-this-year

11 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Vice city was outstanding, largely due to the incredible 80s soundtrack, really looking forward to a remaster

12 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

How many more remastered games etc will we keep getting though? Its a bit shit 

True, it’s a bit cheap and the easy way out (much like the film reboots) however if you play vice city these days it does feel like you need more than the 5 whole polygons used to render Tommy Vercetti!

2 hours ago, RFC55 said:

How many more remastered games etc will we keep getting though? Its a bit shit 

Dont mind a remake if its built from the ground up because their have been some amazing games over the years but I don't like remasters because they are little cash grabs with no effort whatsoever. Just look at the uncharted series, hell even Alan Wake is a piss poor attempt but people buy them and Sony can get away with charging over the odds for them as well as game upgrades so why not 

2 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Started GOT. Enjoying it so far but not keen on the whole following the wind thing. I find it really awkward to follow. Give me a Red Dead or GTA style onscreen map with a clear waypoint and it would be perfect. 

Can make it easier to see in the accessibility settings. 

8 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Started GOT. Enjoying it so far but not keen on the whole following the wind thing. I find it really awkward to follow. Give me a Red Dead or GTA style onscreen map with a clear waypoint and it would be perfect. 

It is perhaps a little overly aggressive, but you will get more comfortable with it over time. But as BiB said you can go into the accessibility settings.

I personally loved it.. it objectively increases immersion by allowing you to explore the world instead of chasing quest markers.

Open world games in the whole tend to struggle with managing HUD and interface population. In some games you spend just as much time looking at a mini map as you do at the game world.. So it's something I'm happy to see developers try to tackle.

It's not just a weird gimmicky design choice either... When you actually dive into to you'll see there's several reasons for it. Namely it being said that the wind is connected to Jin's fathers spirit. In essence the wind is the father guiding Jin... Then there's the historical view that the kamikaze(wind storms) aided Japan against the Mongol invasion. 

3 minutes ago, Iakona said:

It is perhaps a little overly aggressive, but you will get more comfortable with it over time. But as BiB said you can go into the accessibility settings.

I personally loved it.. it objectively increases immersion by allowing you to explore the world instead of chasing quest markers.

Open world games in the whole tend to struggle with managing HUD and interface population. In some games you spend just as much time looking at a mini map as you do at the game world.. So it's something I'm happy to see developers try to tackle.

It's not just a weird gimmicky design choice either... When you actually dive into to you'll see there's several reasons for it. Namely it being said that the wind is connected to Jin's fathers spirit. In essence the wind is the father guiding Jin... Then there's the historical view that the kamikaze(wind storms) aided Japan against the Mongol invasion. 

Going to start the DLC when I get paid next week, would love a sequel. 

4 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Going to start the DLC when I get paid next week, would love a sequel. 

Yeah man that's my plan too! Still undecided if I'll bother upgrading to the PS5 director's cut though. Corrected Japanese lip sync and the controller features are nice... But I'm not sure if it's an extra £9 nice. I reckon I'll just stick with the PS4 version.

All for a fully fledged sequel though. 

9 minutes ago, Iakona said:

Yeah man that's my plan too! Still undecided if I'll bother upgrading to the PS5 director's cut though. Corrected Japanese lip sync and the controller features are nice... But I'm not sure if it's an extra £9 nice. I reckon I'll just stick with the PS4 version.

All for a fully fledged sequel though. 

Gonna try get the platinum first then maybe start NG+ on the highest difficulty.