Generic Gaming thread (formerly known as the PS4 Thread)

Iakona

7 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Finished a playthrough of House of Ashes. Pretty good, probably the best of the Dark Pictures games so far. Lots of action, although Ashley Tisdale was getting on my nerves.

Played a bit of the trial of Dark Pictures house of ashes mate, the cutscenes and storyline looked class. I only sampled it as a free trial but I’m tempted to get the full thing for £25. Went from ancient Egypt to Iraq and both settings looked cool straight off the bat anyway. 

3 hours ago, CR3 said:

Played a bit of the trial of Dark Pictures house of ashes mate, the cutscenes and storyline looked class. I only sampled it as a free trial but I’m tempted to get the full thing for £25. Went from ancient Egypt to Iraq and both settings looked cool straight off the bat anyway. 

It's a fairly short game, so might be worth waiting a bit to see if it comes down in price a bit. If you are an achievement Hunter then you can replay sections of it to see who you save etc. 

Most of the game is underground but it does look great.

CR3 likes this

On 02/11/2021 at 15:20, Negri's lovechild said:

Finished a playthrough of House of Ashes. Pretty good, probably the best of the Dark Pictures games so far. Lots of action, although Ashley Tisdale was getting on my nerves.

Dark house the ones that did Until Dawn? Couldn't get into it. House of ashes trailer looks great but it looks like you don't control using the weapons etc like an RPG and it's choice based, is that accurate?

3 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Dark house the ones that did Until Dawn? Couldn't get into it. House of ashes trailer looks great but it looks like you don't control using the weapons etc like an RPG and it's choice based, is that accurate?

I think they might have done. It's choice based rather than rpg-like. 

I would say it's similar to the Telltale Walking Dead series in the way it plays.

Malkytfp1 likes this

• 1 month later...
Just now, Iakona said:

Playing that "It Takes Two" just now on games pass with the better half.. It's brilliant, one of the best co-op games I've played. 

Perfect game to play with your wife/girlfriend or even your kids. 

Completed it on release with a mate, it’s a fantastic game and deserved GOTY. The mechanics and mini games within it are great.

Iakona likes this

41 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Been blasting through the Souls series again the last couple of weeks currently on #2, just about finished the DLC. 

Changed my opinion on the game from years ago but it's still the weakest for me. 

@CR3 what's your opinion on it? 

it’s quite slow and horrendous until you get your agility (AGL) upto 110 I think. 

BridgeIsBlue likes this

3 hours ago, J-Maestro said:

Any tips for Demon's Souls? Just starting on PS5 and I've been pretty terrible at all the other ones.

if I was giving advice for someone new to souls it’s probably not to get too stressed, you’re probably going to die a lot.

• level up Strength/vitality first 

• two hand attacks for more damage 

•use bonfires to reset or farm an area if you need levelled up a bit more

•get used to rolling and iframes

•managing stamina from rolls and attacks at the right time

•auto lock-on to enemies can help at first

•timing parries can be your friend

Explore it and enjoy mate😂👍🏻🗡 

J-Maestro likes this

1 hour ago, J-Maestro said:

Any tips for Demon's Souls? Just starting on PS5 and I've been pretty terrible at all the other ones.

Screenshot_20211218-002725_Chrome.thumb.png.baab6f80cf61a256bf90892b627d0a42.png

Decent build for a first play through, pump everything into Vitality at first whilst your learning the game. 

Best advice is to just suffer through it, the only way you ever properly learn to play these games and conquer them is to die over and over again and learn from your mistakes. 

Don't get pissed off with dying either, persevere with it. 

CR3 and J-Maestro like this

1 hour ago, J-Maestro said:

It's one of the best games of all time... But Rab doesn't like it so it can't be worth £7.

Judy gave my opinion of what I thought about the game. 

Tbf them and rockstar really need to stop pushing 8-10 year old games that they can milk and release some new stuff. 2 absolute cunts of companies arguably worse than EA 

3 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Judy gave my opinion of what I thought about the game. 

Tbf them and rockstar really need to stop pushing 8-10 year old games that they can milk and release some new stuff. 2 absolute cunts of companies arguably worse than EA 

CDProject Red are releasing the PS5 Version for free to anyone who already had it. That's not milking it.