Generic Gaming thread (formerly known as the PS4 Thread)

Iakona

On 08/10/2021 at 16:57, ForeverAndEver said:

GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas all remastered as a trilogy

Apparently not much difference between this and the already available versions on these consoles. 

I just played through vice city on ps4 a few months ago so doubt Ill get it but would need to see the differences before 

2 hours ago, BouncyBluenose87 said:

https://beta.bandainamcoent.eu/en/cb/elden-ring-beta

Registration for Elden Ring Beta now up. Players who enjoyed Dark Souls, Bloodborne, Sekiro...you know what to do.

I’d have loved to avoid absolutely anything early and go into the release blind but seeing it’s held back to February 25th I can’t say no to a shot of it in a few weeks. Registered last night. Can’t wait for this game. @BridgeIsBlue

5 hours ago, BouncyBluenose87 said:

https://beta.bandainamcoent.eu/en/cb/elden-ring-beta

Registration for Elden Ring Beta now up. Players who enjoyed Dark Souls, Bloodborne, Sekiro...you know what to do.

2 hours ago, CR3 said:

I’d have loved to avoid absolutely anything early and go into the release blind but seeing it’s held back to February 25th I can’t say no to a shot of it in a few weeks. Registered last night. Can’t wait for this game. @BridgeIsBlue

Want to go into this as blind as possible, interesting to see how they handle it moving to open world. 

CR3 likes this

My graphics card in my PC decided to die a few days ago. Great timing though as I just managed to grab a Series X on that all access thing. 

Tempted to punt my PS5 now. Not really vibing with it, love their first party games but at 65 quid a pop it's too much for me given how little time I game these days. Reckon I'll revisit the PS5 in a few years when there's a strong back catalogue of exclusives and when there is a pro model out. 

In the meantime games pass will be perfect for me to jump in and out of games. Plus Forza in a few weeks... 

10 minutes ago, Iakona said:

My graphics card in my PC decided to die a few days ago. Great timing though as I just managed to grab a Series X on that all access thing. 

Tempted to punt my PS5 now. Not really vibing with it, love their first party games but at 65 quid a pop it's too much for me given how little time I game these days. Reckon I'll revisit the PS5 in a few years when there's a strong back catalogue of exclusives and when there is a pro model out. 

In the meantime games pass will be perfect for me to jump in and out of games. Plus Forza in a few weeks... 

I'll start the offers at a fiver :pierre:

Iakona likes this

55 minutes ago, Iakona said:

are you going to be playing 1440p @ 120Hz? 

21 minutes ago, CR3 said:

are you going to be playing 1440p @ 120Hz? 

Nah my TV is only 60hz. I'm proper lazy now, I just veg on a couch when I get some time to game now. I'm not even bothered about replacing my graphics card.

Barely play any multiplayer games bar rocket league to be honest. Though Halo could change that! 

CR3 likes this

7 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Finished a playthrough of House of Ashes. Pretty good, probably the best of the Dark Pictures games so far. Lots of action, although Ashley Tisdale was getting on my nerves.

Played a bit of the trial of Dark Pictures house of ashes mate, the cutscenes and storyline looked class. I only sampled it as a free trial but I’m tempted to get the full thing for £25. Went from ancient Egypt to Iraq and both settings looked cool straight off the bat anyway. 

3 hours ago, CR3 said:

Played a bit of the trial of Dark Pictures house of ashes mate, the cutscenes and storyline looked class. I only sampled it as a free trial but I’m tempted to get the full thing for £25. Went from ancient Egypt to Iraq and both settings looked cool straight off the bat anyway. 

It's a fairly short game, so might be worth waiting a bit to see if it comes down in price a bit. If you are an achievement Hunter then you can replay sections of it to see who you save etc. 

Most of the game is underground but it does look great.

CR3 likes this

On 02/11/2021 at 15:20, Negri's lovechild said:

Finished a playthrough of House of Ashes. Pretty good, probably the best of the Dark Pictures games so far. Lots of action, although Ashley Tisdale was getting on my nerves.

Dark house the ones that did Until Dawn? Couldn't get into it. House of ashes trailer looks great but it looks like you don't control using the weapons etc like an RPG and it's choice based, is that accurate?

3 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Dark house the ones that did Until Dawn? Couldn't get into it. House of ashes trailer looks great but it looks like you don't control using the weapons etc like an RPG and it's choice based, is that accurate?

I think they might have done. It's choice based rather than rpg-like. 

I would say it's similar to the Telltale Walking Dead series in the way it plays.

Malkytfp1 likes this