Generic Gaming thread (formerly known as the PS4 Thread)

Iakona

The PlayStation 4 version of Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition runs at 60fps, new reports suggest, a higher frame-rate than on Xbox One.

Tomb Raider executive producer Scot Amos pointed out the feature during a GamesRadarlivestream last night (thanks, Videogamer).

"Looking here, this is the PS4 version running at 60fps, again at 1080p," Amos explained. "That's awesome for that to be able to showcase because when you get your hands on it you can feel it."

Eurogamer asked Amos last week whether the game ran at 1080p 30fps on both consoles. His reply suggested that both were unlocked, and so would process as many frames as they could with a 30fps minimum.

"The original goal for us, looking at both next-gen consoles... our minimum target was always gameplay front-to-back being 1080p and frame-rate 30fps," he said, as part of a wider chat which covered Tomb Raider's original sales expectations and upcoming sequel.

"That was our target, and I'm very happy to say we've achieved that target on both consoles and anything above that is just gravy."

A third report puts more firm numbers on both - an average of 60fps on PS4 and 30fps on Xbox One, although the latter can climb to 45fps during some simpler sequences.

We've asked Square Enix for a definitive answer - and stay tuned for Digital Foundry's definitive verdict.

How broken is the share button, i don't think it has recorded any gameplay i've wanted yet. Just got a great KEM in Ghosts and i hit share and it gives me gameplay from 2 hours ago, WTF. Why include it if it is so fucking broken.

Sounds like your doing something wrong.

How broken is the share button, i don't think it has recorded any gameplay i've wanted yet. Just got a great KEM in Ghosts and i hit share and it gives me gameplay from 2 hours ago, WTF. Why include it if it is so fucking broken.

It is annoying as fuck, never records what you want and fast forwarding through it is too slow also. It seemed to work well when I first got the ps4, now it hardly records anything lol.

Sony's plans for making content from previous PlayStation systems playable on PlayStation 4 extends beyond its recently unveiled PlayStation Now streaming service, according to a new report.

An anonymous source has indicated to Digital Foundry that PlayStation 1 and PlayStation 2 emulation are on the way to PS4, possibly with the added bonus of enhanced visuals. This emulation would be handled through software much in the same way that it is on PS3, and Digital Foundry notes it's heard that "Sony is actively pursuing the ability for older titles to run without the blurry upscaling seen on PS3, suggesting that native HD resolutions are being targeted."

Due to a shift in the system's architecture from the PS3, PlayStation 4 currently lacks any way to play legacy games. This includes both physical and digital games, although the former can be read by the system -- the PS3 discs for certain games are even used to enable access to discounted digital versions of their PS4 versions.

Sony announced early last year that PS4 would lack native backwards compatibility. It was suggested by Sony Worldwide Studios head Shuhei Yoshida at the time that emulation could be a solution to the problem, but he refused to provide any specific plans on the matter, stating, "We're not talking about our emulation plans as yet."

We've known for some time that Gaikai's cloud streaming services would be put to use in PS4 as a way of making classic games playable, but it was only just earlier this month that specifics began to be revealed. PlayStation Now is a streaming service that will allow for PS3 games to be played on PS4, among other devices. While it opens the door for all sorts of interesting possibilities, it's not true backwards compatibility, and for many its Internet connection requirements put it out of reach for the time being. Software emulation, while still not providing a way for physical games to work on the system, would be a welcome addition to go alongside PlayStation Now.Sony has yet to officially announce any details regarding emulation on PS4. Stay tuned to IGN for the latest.

tumblr_m22qkaAMJy1qk5ynno1_400.gif

Just found up I had a youth squad and had to assign seperate scouts (not the ones for Global transfer network) to it to find young players :lol:

A season into it before I noticed! Is it decent this year? I remember in last FIFA it was a waste of time and you were just as well buying young players from teams cheaply than trying to devlop your own.

When is this outlast going on ps plus? I read somewhere it was today?

Ps network was fucked last night GF I had the same message as you

definitely today mate,not sure what time sony update the store.i'm excited and nervous to play it at the same time :D