***Official Rangers v Airdrieonians Match Thread***

allgers

As this is a "must win" game, not just to keep the run going but as this competition is our only chance this season to play against premier league teams, I foresee another turgid affair notwithstanding Airdrie are bottom of the league. Sad to say, I'm going for another 1 - 0.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be a difficult fixture.

Although we hammered them the last time that we played them, there were the usual warning signs for the first 25 minutes.

We need attitude, focus and hit a couple of early goals to break the recent trend and they will crumble.

We play with much more confidence when we are 2 up.

This is the first time I've been to Ibrox since August. I missed the Arbroath game on 14th Sept and Stenny game on 28th because I was away on holiday both dates. Made QOS away on 17th Sept but no home games in October makes it feel like I've not been there for ages.

Anyway, Loudon Tavern for 4pm should see me well up for the game tonight.

3-0 Gers

WATP :21:

Temps on from the start. Clark and Daly up front. Faure in place of Foster and Peralta picking up the Black role. Would also like to see Barrie on the bench and getting a game for the 2nd half if we are a couple of goals ahead or at least some first team action later in the game. Ditto Fraser Aird to come on as sub at some point. Must continue to encourage the younger players. 2-0.

5 games at Ibrox so far this season. We've scored 24 and conceded 2.

We are dominant at home. Black missing is a negative but we have more than enough goals in the team to win this comfortably. Hopefully get an early goal to settle the atmosphere.

Hope we start the game better than we have in previous games. The Ayr, Brechin, East Fife and Stenhousemuir games we've struggled until the 2nd half. An early goal and we'll be flying, 4-0. I take it Gallagher wont be able to play?

Hope we start the game better than we have in previous games. The Ayr, Brechin, East Fife and Stenhousemuir games we've struggled until the 2nd half. An early goal and we'll be flying, 4-0. I take it Gallagher wont be able to play?

We struggle on the tighter pitches favoured by our opponents, can't see it happening at Ibrox though. Would like to see Gallacher in goals tonight but having to pick the ball out the net six times might not be good for his time at Airdrie.