A Rangers related quiz, my green and white scarf.

tannerall

Bayern v Saint Etienne

Winner. Bayern v Saint Etienne 1976 European Cup Final at Hampden. Wel done Wully.

St Etienne knocked us out in the second round that year. Me and the mates went to the final to support the French against the German kafflick team Bayern, wearing our scarves. Just before the game a French fan asked me to swap my Rangers scarf for his European final green and white St Etienne scarf, which I did.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1208894-saint-etienne-interested-in-purchasing-iconic-hampden-park-woodwork

http://twb22.blogspot.co.uk/2011/05/european-cup-1975-1976-st-etienne.html

(G.E.C was not too far off, but I'm not that old. 1960 game ffs, (Frankfurt played in red and white, Madrid in the famous all-white in that one.)

Anyone else go to the 1960 or 1976 or even the 2002 final at Hampden ?

My Dad went to the 1960 one and I still have the ticket stub for the Rangers Eintracht Frankfurt semi-final..

One game I really regret not going to was the 2002 final at Hampden when my all-time favourite player scored the goal I had always pictured myself scoring in a European Cup final at Hampden.

Was at that game myself sporting a big St Etienne badge I was given by one of their supporters in a bar on George Square. If I remember correctly the Bayern team curtailed their lap of honour at the end as they were being pelted with bottles and cans.

The pubs were allowed to stay open until 3 a.m. afterwards, for some inexplicable reason I ended up in the tarrier slophouse that was Howdens on PRW.

Winner. Bayern v Saint Etienne 1976 European Cup Final at Hampden. Wel done Wully.

St Etienne knocked us out in the second round that year. Me and the mates went to the final to support the French against the German kafflick team Bayern, wearing our scarves. Just before the game a French fan asked me to swap my Rangers scarf for his European final green and white St Etienne scarf, which I did.

http://twb22.blogspo...st-etienne.html

(G.E.C was not too far off, but I'm not that old. 1960 game ffs, (Frankfurt played in red and white, Madrid in the famous all-white in that one.)

Anyone else go to the 1960 or 1976 or even the 2002 final at Hampden ?

My Dad went to the 1960 one and I still have the ticket stub for the Rangers Eintracht Frankfurt semi-final..

One game I really regret not going to was the 2002 final at Hampden when my all-time favourite player scored the goal I had always pictured myself scoring in a European Cup final at Hampden.

I was at the George Square fanzone for the 2002 game, didn't know that much at the time but I remember getting a shot of the 2002 World Cup game on the PS2 :lol:

Was at that game myself sporting a big St Etienne badge I was given by one of their supporters in a bar on George Square. If I remember correctly the Bayern team curtailed their lap of honour at the end as they were being pelted with bottles and cans.

The pubs were allowed to stay open until 3 a.m. afterwards, for some inexplicable reason I ended up in the tarrier slophouse that was Howdens on PRW.

George Square was mental that afternoon. 10s of thousands of mostly French fans there, traffic gridlocked, the French made the atmosphere that night, easily outsung the germans and really enjoyed themselves and made friends in the city that day. Good team they were too, but the Germans were relentless, wasn't the best of games though.

I was at the George Square fanzone for the 2002 game, didn't know that much at the time but I remember getting a shot of the 2002 World Cup game on the PS2 :lol:

Hero (tu) During the afternoon in George Square in 76 a football appeared and 3 or 4 thousand fans were chasing it around for a kick. I was chuffed to kick it twice.