James Traynor has left the building

Hoodster

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you want our club dragged through the mud in the beeb or rheble do you?

I very much doubt whether he'll 'drag our name through the mud'. Besides, Traynor was involved in the decision to ban the BBC from Ibrox, so he seems to have burned his bridges in that regard:

“We are aware of our contractual obligations but we also have to be aware of our duty to protect the players, manager and supporters against reporting which lacks logic, balance and fairness.”

He probably won't have as much to tell as some think, not like he was on the board.

I know but hes a journo and their motto is "when in doubt make something up" which the Rangers hating mhedia will feast on. When has the truth ever meant anything to them especially concerning Rangers.

I very much doubt whether he'll 'drag our name through the mud'. Besides, Traynor was involved in the decision to ban the BBC from Ibrox, so he seems to have burned his bridges in that regard:

“We are aware of our contractual obligations but we also have to be aware of our duty to protect the players, manager and supporters against reporting which lacks logic, balance and fairness.”

i hope your right mate but tbh i expect the worst these days, it usually happens.

I know but hes a journo and their motto is "when in doubt make something up" which the Rangers hating mhedia will feast on. When has the truth ever meant anything to them especially concerning Rangers.

You're probably right, I thought Traynor was one of the better journalists for a while but maybe he already knew well in advance about the job with us

You're probably right, I thought Traynor was one of the better journalists for a while but maybe he already knew well in advance about the job with us

It would be nice to think he learned to care enough about Rangers that he wouldnt try to backstab us but you can bet there will be offers from the likes of the rhreble or the sun for his "exclusive behind the scenes at Rangers"

I liked the idea of having him on our side - he's certainly one of the most articulate football journalists in the country - but if it wasn't working out then so be it. Best of luck to him elsewhere.

I agree but what's not working ?

I think we should worry about this. A man of his stature must be leaving for a reason

I agree but what's not working ?

I think we should worry about this. A man of his stature must be leaving for a reason

I don't doubt it, but I'm not going to hazard a guess. Someday this saga will either make a very interesting book or a very complicated 'business studies' university course.