Indirect free kick

Craig53

There was also a bizarre decision in the first half when Lee Wallace was fouled in the airdrie box ,which looked like a stick on penalty but the ref gave a foul against Wallace.

I thought I must've missed something but they showed it on the screens & it was more blatant than I thought.

Terrible decision.

Think that it might be that it should have been a free-kick, nevertheless you make a good point: bad decision to give the foul against Wallace.

I was actually hoping this thread was about our decision to blast the kick - which is a bloody stupid decision. There are eleven goalkeepers on the line ffs!

Blasting the ball at 11 pairs of legs is a joke. You need to lift the ball over head height, as most players will not jump and if they do, they cannot jump as high as the bar from a standing jump.

I was actually hoping this thread was about our decision to blast the kick - which is a bloody stupid decision. There are eleven goalkeepers on the line ffs!

Blasting the ball at 11 pairs of legs is a joke. You need to lift the ball over head height, as most players will not jump and if they do, they cannot jump as high as the bar from a standing jump.

I felt we took too long on the ball in the first place. Surely the best way to take one of those is play it back a little and elevate the ball a bit.

I'm not losing too much sleep over that, very rarely do teams ever score from those situations. The chances of us getting one again anytime soon are close to zero too.

I'm not losing too much sleep over that, very rarely do teams ever score from those situations. The chances of us getting one again anytime soon are close to zero too.

How many times has Ronaldo had the pleasure of hitting one? How many has he scored?

No need to lose sleep but we should at least know how to hit the damn things!

How many times has Ronaldo had the pleasure of hitting one? How many has he scored?

No need to lose sleep but we should at least know how to hit the damn things!

Can't honestly remember Ronaldo taking an indirect free kick in the box to answer that! :lol:

Referee was not fit to officiate schoolboys never mind a professional game and Rangers decision making about making use of the ball and opportunities was horrendous at times. There was some nice technical ability but at times were indecisive

Story of our season so far, had a host of chances in the first 15-20 minutes, never made use of any of them, game died until just after half time, scored a few then died again for a bit. If we imposed ourselves we could be scoring 6 or 7 every week.

Good complaint though when you're 14 in 14 (I think), and complaining that you're not scoring enough, thoroughly enjoying this season!

It frustrates me from that position that most teams try to blast the ball through the entire other team. It is easier to score if you aim for the roof of the net, not put the ball past 22 legs.

It frustrates me from that position that most teams try to blast the ball through the entire other team. It is easier to score if you aim for the roof of the net, not put the ball past 22 legs.

If the free kick was 11 yards out, and the wall stood firm anything hit straight going over their heads would go over the bar, even Beckham could not get in up and down in that space, its was a waste of a free kick anyway.

Only ever seen one in-direct free kick scored and it was at junior level. The ball was set up like it was in the game on Friday, and with all the bodies on the line and the player just rifled it, Albertz style, right in to the top netting. Consolation goal in an 8-1 defeat, the joys of junior footie.