Call of Duty Ghosts

Straight-Edge-Loyal

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just bought it.

I think they need to make it less hectic and maybe reduce the team sizes. You don't want to run round every corner to run into someone. Also the guns need to be replicated into real life where it would be near impossible to kill some with an Uzi from the other side of a map.

Just bought it.

I think they need to make it less hectic and maybe reduce the team sizes. You don't want to run round every corner to run into someone. Also the guns need to be replicated into real life where it would be near impossible to kill some with an Uzi from the other side of a map.

They need to make a better game its shite.

I actually enjoyed playing it last night. Seems to be a bit more calmer and thinking about what you are doing.

Sniper rifles still need to be setup better as the guy just needs to have you in the scope somewhere and it kills you rather than dead on, plus they need to have it you use the scope for 2 secs or more or you miss as I doubt you would be able to hip fire a sniper rifle.

calmer??? if your not running and gunning your fucked on 95% of the maps. guns are shite, maps have too much shite dotted about them so you can't clearly make out enemies - it's the worst COD since Black Ops 1 and all the server issues. Also, unless you have an LMG, when you kill someone with a dog your screwed unless it was long range as you don't have time to reload and take out the dog and pistols do nowt against them. They just haven't thought it through.

I think it is calmer, the last one every corner you tan round there was someone. This one you kill someone, take a few seconds, and the go hunting again. Not had any server issues and must if been on a good few hours, noticed the odd person lag, but nothing serious.

The dogs are a pain in the are, but have managed to kill a few with the default sub machine gun.

Only played a couple of hours but I like it, reminds me of COD4 big maps and more than 2 ways to get round them.

Also no spamming from the air and EMP every 5 seconds like the other newer CODS.

Some minor lag on PS3 nothing major, I actually like the dog it's good perk against anyone camping as usually the dog will kill them hiding in their corner, had a dog that took out 4 of them hiding in a room last night.

no S&D though I assume it will be added later.

Seems the PS4 version is worse than the PS3 version with frame rate issues think I will wait till next year and see which console is not blowing up after 6 months.

Only played a couple of hours but I like it, reminds me of COD4 big maps and more than 2 ways to get round them.

Also no spamming from the air and EMP every 5 seconds like the other newer CODS.

Some minor lag on PS3 nothing major, I actually like the dog it's good perk against anyone camping as usually the dog will kill them hiding in their corner, had a dog that took out 4 of them hiding in a room last night.

no S&D though I assume it will be added later.

Seems the PS4 version is worse than the PS3 version with frame rate issues think I will wait till next year and see which console is not blowing up after 6 months.

How are people playing the ps4 version just now?

it's being reviewed on various sites report frame issues, a guy at work played a PS4 at the weekend and wasn't too impressed said it looked slightly better than the PS3 version, I suppose the PS4 or the new xbox was never going to be like the jump from PS2 to PS3 as everyone is used to HD gaming now.

Polygon: ”Much has been said about the fact that the PlayStation 4 version of the game runs at a native 1080p, and while that may be true, the game did struggle to maintain a steady frame rate, especially in hectic multiplayer matches. The PS3 version of the game ran into similar problems, whereas the Xbox 360 version maintained a steady 60 frames per second.”

IGN: “On the current-gen versions Ghosts looks nearly identical, though I did encounter occasional framerate issues during the single-player campaign on PS3 and PS4.”

Joystiq: ”A key pillar of the Call of Duty experience has always been rock-solid 60 frames per seconds gameplay. On Xbox 360, Ghosts maintains this mandate. The PlayStation 4 version, however, has noticeable technical issues, sometimes slowing to a crawl, particularly during set-piece moments with multiple effects. One specific moment I was able to replicate multiple times on PS4 was a campaign scene that ran smoothly on Xbox 360 and PS3, while the game chugged On PlayStation 4. These frame rate hitches happen throughout the campaign on PS4 and, in a series known for its Hollywood-inspired bombast, it detracted from the experience.”

They say that there was no lag noticeable on Xbox 360, but Xbox One reviews are embargoed until Nov. 12. So far, I haven’t noticed any slowdown on the Xbox 360 version, but that isn’t particularly relevant.

I’ll say the same thing I did when it was the Xbox One that looked bad in these comparisons — I really don’t think this matters. This is a cross-gen, cross-platform game coming out at the very beginning of both of these consoles. Developers will be figuring out this hardware for years to come, and getting better in the process. I wouldn’t look to a game also out on previous-gen for hard optimization and benchmarking evidence.

they've ballsed up with the PS4. They won't get another shot at a FPS that showcases the development and potential of the next gen consoles till next year and there will be plenty others out between now and then that may take CoD's rep as the best FPS and have us all switching to the likes of Battlefield rather than CoD.

This game seems to have a really failed, lol.

Apart from it being a shit game, I think maybe people were expecting some sort of innovation which just can't be done with First Person Shooter games. Its simply slight variations of the same game rehashed over and over again.

One of the most repetitive genre's ever.

they've ballsed up with the PS4. They won't get another shot at a FPS that showcases the development and potential of the next gen consoles till next year and there will be plenty others out between now and then that may take CoD's rep as the best FPS and have us all switching to the likes of Battlefield rather than CoD.

I think it's down to the engine being at breaking point as they have added so much to it over the years! Seems the only version so far to run properly is the Xbox 360 version, If the XO version drops FPS then the engine is fucked for the new consoles as they are clearly powerful enough to run COD.

I think it's down to the engine being at breaking point as they have added so much to it over the years! Seems the only version so far to run properly is the Xbox 360 version, If the XO version drops FPS then the engine is fucked for the new consoles as they are clearly powerful enough to run COD.

XO doesn't have it running at 1080p and thats what people are up in arms about, but given the PS4 has it running at that and it slows, i'd be happy if i were an XO owner.

Apart from the fact XO will get shafted by PS4 IMO. What console u going for next?

Yeah FPS is far more important than resolution so if the XO version is locked at 60fps then yep that will be the one to get console wise.

Getting both consoles but if the PS4's are making tons of money im going to sell the two i have ordered and wait for Sony to release better exclusives as at launch they only have Killzone.

not just the games thats an issue for me, there will no doubt be production or hardware issues with the first batches, would sooner wait a few months in case there are a lot of returns or cases of "yellow light of death" etc. will buy a PS4 at the end of next summer I reckon, PS3 still has plenty life left in it (tu)