Who do we need

BFerguson6

Was reading the thread about the funny lot in the cup and got me thinking , people mentioning would struggle with our current squad which is obvious, but if the right guys were available at the right price, who would make us challenge again....

I feel we need to keep the likes of Daly, Law, Wallace, Mohsni, Bell, Templeton or Shiels, Clark, McLeod and Mckay and add to that, but its a bizarre situation where would need 3 or 4 proven players to add to our first 11 to challenge whilst keeping wage under control.....

Was reading the thread about the funny lot in the cup and got me thinking , people mentioning would struggle with our current squad which is obvious, but if the right guys were available at the right price, who would make us challenge again....

I feel we need to keep the likes of Daly, Law, Wallace, Mohsni, Bell, Templeton or Shiels, Clark, McLeod and Mckay and add to that, but its a bizarre situation where would need 3 or 4 proven players to add to our first 11 to challenge whilst keeping wage under control.....

If you're talking about challenging the mhanks, I doubt most of those you mention will be good enough to achieve that. We'd need a lot more than 3 or 4 proven players.

If you're talking about challenging the mhanks, I doubt most of those you mention will be good enough to achieve that. We'd need a lot more than 3 or 4 proven players.

Really don't think we're that far away from Celtic. Imo Bell, Wallace, Moshni, Law, Macleod, Templeton all good enough to be playing for us when we're back in the spl. Several others good enough to be in the squad aswell. Hopefully, some of the younger ones will also take their chance and add to this. For the spl we'd probably need another right back, a centre half, another wide midfielder and atleast one more striker. So I'd stay 4 or 5 players, and hopefully some of the fringe players will be let go.

Looking at the quality of Law, Bell and Daly why should we pay a transfer fee for any players... especially to a spl team.

100% right. A good scouting system in place would save millions on transfer fee`s.In this day and age a transfer fee is the last option you should take.

never heard them called the funny lot before !

Why is it a bizarre situation where we would need 3 or 4 proven players to challenge again ?

I think its good that we only need 3 or 4 players. Our wage bill will be half of there`s by the time we get back up and our squads will be very similar.

At this moment I would be worried about our defence in a big cup game.Maybe they would raise their game but we wouldn't go amiss if we had a top quality CH and RB walk into the team.

That is the 2 main positions we need filled and I`d also say a top quality striker with pace.

I think we need to bring in quite a few players tbh.

I'm not sure if Bell is going to a 'worth 10-15 points a season' keeper. He might become that but he isn't at the moment. We are quite weak at right back, Foster is a decent squad player at SPL level but nothing more. McCulloch is fine at centre half at this level but by the time we are back in the SPL hell be another couple of years older, playing a position that isn't his strongest so he will probably need to be replaced. If Templeton doesn't mature and find the consistency required then we will need a winger and we will need a striker of a higher quality too.

Im beginning to think Daly will be the new McCulloch type utility man. The defence will need bolstered for next season. I can see the immenent arrival of Kenny Miller and we need to play with more width. Its been mentioned on a few threads and taking to a 4-3-3 format may better suit the type of player we currently have.

Daly and Jig will not be good enough when we are back in the top flight. Not many will to be honest. Temps, Law, Moshni, Bell, Macleod, Wallace, Little? Clark? Peralta? apart from that i cant think of many who would make the grade.

When we get back to the top flight the spine needs strengthened most of all. A CH, CM and quality striker most of all, then a RB and a winger