proud of this team

stourloyal

That's the same for when we were winning Scottish Championships, Cups and going on Euro runs. Doesn't mean people can't be proud.

No not really, all of those presented genuine challenges even if we did have a better side than teams we played.

These teams we're playing are rotten part timers and really a win should be guaranteed before a ball is even kicked.

No not really, all of those presented genuine challenges even if we did have a better side than teams we played.

These teams we're playing are rotten part timers and really a win should be guaranteed before a ball is even kicked.

But...but we vastly outspent the opposition. Why wouldn't league championships and Cup Finals be expected and required?

A genuine challenge from the SPL? When was the last time anyone other than us or Celtic even came close to winning the title?

But...but we vastly outspent the opposition. Why wouldn't league championships and Cup Finals be expected and required?

They were expected and required but to a different extent, for one the opposition were full time and we were having to deal with a proper challenge in Celtic. We may only have played Celtic four times but we were constantly having to try and at least match whatever run they were on.

Even you can see the difference.

They were expected and required but to a different extent, for one the opposition were full time and we were having to deal with a proper challenge in Celtic. We may only have played Celtic four times but we were constantly having to try and at least match whatever run they were on.

Even you can see the difference.

Aye. One argument suits peoples negativity at "this level", one doesn't.

If you can only be proud of Rangers beating less inferior clubs than the inferior clubs we are beating, carry on.

Im proud of this team because we have won 15 games in a row and in my book thats fantastic, regardless of who we are playing

You can only beat whos put in front of you and we are doing that! :)(tu)

Aye. One argument suits peoples negativity at "this level", one doesn't.

If you can only be proud of Rangers beating less inferior clubs than the inferior clubs we are beating, carry on.

You can only beat what's in front of you and I applaud at games like everyone else but I just find the idea of being 'proud' at winning a league of part timers with our resources a bit strange and even slightly cringeworthy.

Now if we have a good Scottish Cup run which would likely include beating some SPL teams, that's something i'd be proud of.

You can only beat what's in front of you and I applaud at games like everyone else but I just find the idea of being 'proud' at winning a league of part timers with our resources a bit strange and even slightly cringeworthy.

Now if we have a good Scottish Cup run which would likely include beating some SPL teams, that's something i'd be proud of.

Do you find our spl titles 'cringeworthy'? We had a vastly superior budget to everyone bar Celtic.

What about 9 in a row? Our budget outstripped everyones then, even Celtic at Times.

Last years team with the mixture of youngsters deserve more plaudits i'd say, this years team are doing great but given what players we have now and the teams we are facing i'd expect us to be where we are now.

We should also be fitter sharper and playing better football than we are seeing now given the players at our disposal and on that score i feel we can improve.

Bottom line though winning is everything and we are doing that so cant complain too much.

some people are never happy.........

Do you find our spl titles 'cringeworthy'? We had a vastly superior budget to everyone bar Celtic.

What about 9 in a row? Our budget outstripped everyones then, even Celtic at Times.

I've already said it's a vastly different situation. Or are part timers just really not that different to full times teams? Does it really not matter that we were under pressure to beat a challenge from Celtic every season?

I've already said it's a vastly different situation. Or are part timers just really not that different to full times teams? Does it really not matter that we were under pressure to beat a challenge from Celtic every season?

No we weren't. There were seasons during 9 in which tjere was no challenge whatsoever. I remember them finishing at least 3rd a few times in that's spell. In all honesty the difference between full & part time is negligible in Scotland. Dunfermline & East Fife are both full time, just look how different their season's are going.

No we weren't. There were seasons during 9 in which tjere was no challenge whatsoever. I remember them finishing at least 3rd a few times in that's spell. In all honesty the difference between full & part time is negligible in Scotland. Dunfermline & East Fife are both full time, just look how different their season's are going.

I disagree but we'll go round in circles so i'm oot.