Tradition and ambition

KingKirk

It seems to me that many of the Ally out mob are willing to give up the club tradition for the sake of better football.. Lets not forget we are the worlds most success football club.. The most important thing for this club is that we are there when it really matters in May when the trophies are handed out.. Any Rangers manager that fails to deliver should be given the boot..

I want to ask this of anyone that thinks Ally should walk.. What has he not delivered so far?

His first season in charge we were 5points behind them after the new year old firm game I am of the believe that if it wasn't for admin we would've won that league by May 100%.

Last season he won the league by 24points again job done.. Lets make no mistake about this for the next 3years Ally job is to win promotion back until back in the prem.

When we get back to the top flight I expect Ally to win the league again keeping up this clubs tradition of been the most successful in Scotland and the world..

Many fans have this wet dream about Rangers winning playing sexy football.. I want to ask this did you care what brand of football when come the final day of the season we were lifting title after title?

2nd is for losers and IMO is no better than finishing 11th.. We all would like to see better football but I would Rather The Rangers found away to get the job done 100 times of 100 than finish 2nd and playing a better style. I am not saying we couldn't win anything playing another style but why take the risk. If it aint broke don't fix it..

Always remember this, Better football is a ambition winning trophies are a tradition for The Rangers.. It was then, Now and will be that way forever.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

While I admire the point you are making in the OP, about how we as a club are used to and accustomed to success, being placed in the bottom tier should have been used as a platform to build from the ground up. As it stands, Ally has brought in numerous players, this season and last, but there has been no word of establishing a scouting network, and the style/standard of football leaves a lot to be desired at times. This shows a real lack in coaching techniques.

As for the point you made about possibly winning the SPL had the admin event not happened! Are you forgetting the big point gap that was lost before sitting 5 pts behind the tims?

Unfortunately for a lot of Bears, the Rangers way you talk of centres around David Murray and the wreckless spending. This is something that cannot be repeated, ever, but sadly Ally seems to have developed a taste for buying as many players as possible!

I hope I'm proved wrong, I guess we'll have to wait and see how things pan out this season, with the Scottish Cup being the real acid test for us this season.

We have the second best squad of players in the country, yet are a terrible footballing side. Should we get by Falkirk and meet an SPL team, we will be played off the park, it's a certainty.

We had a great chance to install a new footballing philosophy on our way back to the top, but instead we have signed players like Kevin Kyle and Jon Daly with the aim of thumping the ball up towards then and throwing the ball into the box from absolutely anywhere.

Time will tell.

I am glad Ally is managing and getting the titles as Rangers manager thus far.

However I have major doubt he will be the man to wrestle back our place at the top but me and I'd assume every other blue nose would love him to prove us wrong.

The long ball and playign players out of position is something I have grown to hate, even when we had good palyers we were doing it so I hope that can be eradicated when we are back.

Winning of course will be paramount but sooner or later playing hoof it football will get found out against better teams.

We have the second best squad of players in the country, yet are a terrible footballing side. Should we get by Falkirk and meet an SPL team, we will be played off the park, it's a certainty.

We had a great chance to install a new footballing philosophy on our way back to the top, but instead we have signed players like Kevin Kyle and Jon Daly with the aim of thumping the ball up towards then and throwing the ball into the box from absolutely anywhere.

Look what happened to the last manger that tried to install new ideas. The Rangers way is to win. Anything else is not enough imo

Time will tell.

I am glad Ally is managing and getting the titles as Rangers manager thus far.

However I have major doubt he will be the man to wrestle back our place at the top but me and I'd assume every other blue nose would love him to prove us wrong.

The long ball and playign players out of position is something I have grown to hate, even when we had good palyers we were doing it so I hope that can be eradicated when we are back.

Winning of course will be paramount but sooner or later playing hoof it football will get found out against better teams.

I have doubt about him back at the top level.. The now he is doing what he is expected.. If he doesn't do it at the top level he should be sacked.

Since the days of Scot Symon and players like McMillan and Baxter, the only Rangers manager to successfully combine stylish football with success was Dick Advocaat, and he had Murray's limitless millions to do it with.

Davie White, John Greig and Paul Le Guen all tried to win trohies and play nice football at the same time, and all failed. The successful Rangers managers since Symon - Waddell, Wallace and Smith - were all more concerned with the result of a game than how it was achieved.

If the talk is winning trophies then Ally's cv looks awful

Since becoming gaffer he has lost out on

The spl

The league cup x2

The scottish cup x2

The ramsdens cup

Thats 6 tournaments ally and his squad have lost out on with arguably the best team in Scotland the first year and the second most expensive team in the second year

"The successful Rangers managers since Symon - Waddell, Wallace and Smith - were all more concerned with the result of a game than how it was achieved."

I remember plenty of good football under Walter the first and second time he was in charge.

Results come first yes but the hoof ball we use just now will not work against decent teams. Last year showed that.

The video game generation of supposed football experts.

I look down on you with a mixture of pity, contempt and easy superiority.

Ah, the older generation of miserable old gits..

What it's worth I'm with you. Folk have been spoiled with ridiculously good football and expect every team to play like that. We've never really done that, we play well now and again, sometimes we even play excellent. I just appreciate it more when it happens, I can't be bothered complaining when it's not there. As long as we win I'm happy, the pretty football is a bonus.

What it's worth I'm with you. Folk have been spoiled with ridiculously good football and expect every team to play like that. We've never really done that, we play well now and again, sometimes we even play excellent. I just appreciate it more when it happens, I can't be bothered complaining when it's not there. As long as we win I'm happy, the pretty football is a bonus.

I am indeed a miserable old git.

But I am sufficiently self aware to avoid the foolishness of lecturing the likes of Ally or Walter about how to run a football team.

:000000082:

miserable old gits,you young whippersnapper

"The successful Rangers managers since Symon - Waddell, Wallace and Smith - were all more concerned with the result of a game than how it was achieved."

I remember plenty of good football under Walter the first and second time he was in charge.

Results come first yes but the hoof ball we use just now will not work against decent teams. Last year showed that.

Europe sure as fuck will show that!

If the talk is winning trophies then Ally's cv looks awful

Since becoming gaffer he has lost out on

The spl

The league cup x2

The scottish cup x2

The ramsdens cup

Thats 6 tournaments ally and his squad have lost out on with arguably the best team in Scotland the first year and the second most expensive team in the second year

Including the SPL is ridiculous.

But do you not see that he had the best chance of them all to implement something while in the bottom tier of Scottish Football?

TBH mate this is always a hot topic as soon as we hit the winter months, Due to 45,000 people sitting in the stand freezing watching what is considered to be poor football..IMO that's all worth it come may and were champions again.. We will put up with much less in the winter.. than in the brighter months.