Alfie Conn Remembers Barcelona 1972

BarneyRabble

Said it was all about the chance to play under big Ba'face.

Apparently in private he tends to go for the money explanation.

Out of interest, are there any that were around in 1972 and remember Barcelona that hate him? Genuine question, whether Barcelona makes them a little more forgiving.

11 Great Rangers, All Scottish Protestants. Heroes to a man

McCloy

Jardine

Mathieson

Greig

Derek Johnstone

Dave Smith

McLean

Conn

Stein

MacDonald

Willie Johnston

Each and every one deserve a proud place in Rangers history

Rangers%20ECWC%20Winners%201972.jpg

He's a rhat. He lost any legendary status the day he put on a green and white hooped jersey.

fuck alfie conn he is a turncoat rat

Did you ever actually see him play Declan? He was a major part of the EWCW cup campaign and i will never forget him ripping mcneil apart in the Tam Forsyth cup final to score our second goal. So all in all he has done more for Rangers than all the name calling neds.

Just after he signed for them we played them at ibrox, I remember it so well because it was my 20th birthday.

It finished 2-2 and I think the barrel of shite hit the post. If he had scored I doubt if he would have got off the pitch unscathed.

Still despise him and always will.

Did you ever actually see him play Declan? He was a major part of the EWCW cup campaign and i will never forget him ripping mcneil apart in the Tam Forsyth cup final to score our second goal. So all in all he has done more for Rangers than all the name calling neds.

Name calling neds? Away you go, the mhanky rhat turned his back on everything Rangers when he signed for they tarrier bastards. He should be ashamed.

As far as I'm concerned he can take his ECWC medal and ram it up his arse, or better yet down his throat so he can choke on it.

'name calling neds' What a mentalist you are.

The bastard was a Rangers legend who signed for the paedos.

That is unforgivable.

It's a pretty complex thing. His Dad was a Hearts man, he claims to be in awe of the great Rangers sides from the 60's but he went down south & he played for ceptic which for most Rangers fans is unforgivable. As Fans we hate them through & through yet we see Ally on TV playing golf with ginger lemon having an enjoyable time in the company of someone most of us could not stand to be in a room with (I certainly switch channels or turn the sound off if he visits my TV). I guess for players it just comes down to a job which has a very short career path so they need to make as much as they can while they can even if it means playing for the devil's spawn. We will never understand.

It's a pretty complex thing. His Dad was a Hearts man, he claims to be in awe of the great Rangers sides from the 60's but he went down south & he played for ceptic which for most Rangers fans is unforgivable. As Fans we hate them through & through yet we see Ally on TV playing golf with ginger lemon having an enjoyable time in the company of someone most of us could not stand to be in a room with (I certainly switch channels or turn the sound off if he visits my TV). I guess for players it just comes down to a job which has a very short career path so they need to make as much as they can while they can even if it means playing for the devil's spawn. We will never understand.

I wasn't aware McCoist ever turned his back on Rangers to play for the tarriers.

is this the same alfie conn who said on t,v he had no feeling for rangers he was more proud to have plyed for spurs..he was brought up a hearts fan after his dad.

He did? What program?

Bad yin if he did.

Surely a professional football player has the right to decide to play for any team that will pay his wage$. Very vague memories of Conn but recall a fast player who suffered a great deal through injuries. Best to remember his good service to the game of football and not get stuck on signing for Celtic.

On that note, Bertie Peacock played for Celtic as did Kenny Miller and a certain Mr. Pressley. Jock Stein did also and travelled to the east with Peacock and Evans.

Remember our fathers, brave and bold.

Conn was a hero of mine in the late 60's early 70's, however, he broke my wee heart when he left Rangers for Spurs. I used to look out for the Spurs results, & watch them if they were on the tv. When he went to C*ltic, he crushed my heart into a million pieces, at a time when I was going to all the games, home & away.

So, although he was a favourite of mine, when he played for us, I can never forgive him for signing for the mhanks, NEVER...

Surely a professional football player has the right to decide to play for any team that will pay his wage$. Very vague memories of Conn but recall a fast player who suffered a great deal through injuries. Best to remember his good service to the game of football and not get stuck on signing for Celtic.

On that note, Bertie Peacock played for Celtic as did Kenny Miller and a certain Mr. Pressley. Jock Stein did also and travelled to the east with Peacock and Evans.

And fans have the right to express opinions about them.

Fuck conn the traitor :sherlock:

Whit

Conn was a hero of mine in the late 60's early 70's, however, he broke my wee heart when he left Rangers for Spurs. I used to look out for the Spurs results, & watch them if they were on the tv. When he went to C*ltic, he crushed my heart into a million pieces, at a time when I was going to all the games, home & away.

So, although he was a favourite of mine, when he played for us, I can never forgive him for signing for the mhanks, NEVER...

Most sensible post on here.