Six Scottish football fans to stand trial in Amsterdam

GersMK

All 'Scottish' fans - any other Scots team in Amsterdam during the week?

---------------------------------------------

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11781/9015492/champions-league-six-scottish-football-fans-to-stand-trial-in-amsterdam

Six men will remain in custody in Amsterdam to appear in court on 21 November following clashes between supporters and police ahead of Celtic's Champions League match against Ajax on Wednesday.

A total of 28 Scots were among 44 people arrested following the problems, which left eight Dutch police officers injured, although none of the six remanded in custody have been formally charged.

Dutch police have confirmed that 22 of the Scots were released after being fined, although Celtic have insisted they will be opening an internal investigation to consider claims their fans were poorly treated.

I have seen the video a few times on the news and did have a chuckle when I heard they were in trouble, but one image keeps being repeated and it is a lad getting a knee in the nuts and ribs, several times. If he was not wearing the hoops jersey, I would be disgusted with it. It's only football ffs.

I hope they get their arse shafted over there but I doubt they will, as the dutch apparently started it the night before and the Celts will send over a good lawyer to pursue that point.

Sorry lads but this threads a bit obsessive for me.

Obsessive hee-haw!! :angry: The Tarriers in the media would be camped outside Ibrox 24/7 were the shoe on the other foot. They've been caught bang-to-rights (on video into the bargain) and it matters not one jot whether some of them were attacked in a pub the night before or that the Dutch Plod were more aggressive towards them than they're used to in Salmond-land (Garngad & Gallowgate section) there are no excuses for the behaviour we saw and thankfully the Dutch Courts will deal with them in a way that the Scottish Courts will never do.

So far, rather than condemn their behaviour and try to distance the club from this rabble, the Lurgan Bigot tonight stated that he felt "sympathy" for these rodents and that the club would be complaining to the authorities about Dutch Plod being overly aggressive!!

Fuxsake....you couldn't make that shit up if you tried.

Deny and deflect. It's the usual Tarrier method.

This time (in Holland) that will fall on deaf ears.

Jail time for these bastards is a cert.

I hope they rot to fuck in Amsterdam.

All 'Scottish' fans - any other Scots team in Amsterdam during the week?

---------------------------------------------

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11781/9015492/champions-league-six-scottish-football-fans-to-stand-trial-in-amsterdam

Six men will remain in custody in Amsterdam to appear in court on 21 November following clashes between supporters and police ahead of Celtic's Champions League match against Ajax on Wednesday.

A total of 28 Scots were among 44 people arrested following the problems, which left eight Dutch police officers injured, although none of the six remanded in custody have been formally charged.

Dutch police have confirmed that 22 of the Scots were released after being fined, although Celtic have insisted they will be opening an internal investigation to consider claims their fans were poorly treated.[/color

Scotland's shame !

I have seen the video a few times on the news and did have a chuckle when I heard they were in trouble, but one image keeps being repeated and it is a lad getting a knee in the nuts and ribs, several times. If he was not wearing the hoops jersey, I would be disgusted with it. It's only football ffs.

I hope they get their arse shafted over there but I doubt they will, as the dutch apparently started it the night before and the Celts will send over a good lawyer to pursue that point.

It won't be Paul McBride!

:) :) :)

one of the "scottish" fans arrested has been named on twitter - turns out hes from NI, on his facebook theres a picture of him lying on the ground pretending to be a sniper in amsterdam and on his twitter theres bigoted post after bigoted post about the usual shit. oh and theres also pictures of him with a couple of sellic players.

one of the "scottish" fans arrested has been named on twitter - turns out hes from NI, on his facebook theres a picture of him lying on the ground pretending to be a sniper in amsterdam and on his twitter theres bigoted post after bigoted post about the usual shit. oh and theres also pictures of him with a couple of sellic players.

Any screen grabs mate??