McCoist: No-one there for me

Brightside

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know if I would like him in the trenches with me, If you can't stand the heat . . . (tu);):sherlock:

. . . don't go running to the rhags ! ;)

Is this an interview for a paper? There's no source mentioned. I had thought he was just speaking his mind, and his comments were reasonable so why shouldn't he?

Is this an interview for a paper? There's no source mentioned. I had thought he was just speaking his mind, and his comments were reasonable so why shouldn't he?

Look SOMEBODY must have been there for him, SOMEBODY gave him 800k a year ! (tu);):sherlock:

PS - And tell him to stop cancelling games for 3 players tops going to internationals, we are getting messed about enough by the rhats that run the game here without our own changing home games to midweek for heehaw ! ;)

Midweek Home Games Urnae Worth A Monkeys Tae Anbody Loyal !

I don't think Ally could have had any idea of what was going to happen to Rangers when he took over as manager. I don't think anyone on this planet could have predicted the mess that ensued. You ask that question like the financial collapse never happened, we kept all our players, and kept the continuity of the squad we had, kept the same structure in the boardroom.

Ally has to try to do his job all the while not knowing when the next revelation or next round of upheaval is going to happen, it's been ongoing, we have not reached anywhere near an acceptable level of stability yet. Many said last season, that this season was the time where he would be judged as a manager, but we all thought then that the corporate/business structure was in place and stable, what a joke that turned out to be!

These are not excuses, but facts, and they clearly need pointed out as people like yourself think it's such an easy ride

Ally isn't running the Club, he's the football manager. You have your opinion and I have mine. The thread heading is "no-one there for me" which sounds like a whinge. Ally is very strong-willed and he also knows how to play to the gallery.

Look SOMEBODY must have been there for him, SOMEBODY gave him 800k a year ! (tu);):sherlock:

Ally you're on a high wage, therefore you can never complain about anything ever again! Even if you've no idea who's in charge behind the scenes or what's going to happen, you don't need to consult anyone, just shut it!

'Easy Job Ally', and here, get those trackies to fuck! :pipe:

Ally isn't running the Club, he's the football manager. You have your opinion and I have mine. The thread heading is "no-one there for me" which sounds like a whinge. Ally is very strong-willed and he also knows how to play to the gallery.

In an ideal world he would just be thinking about football, I can't see that he is.

Fair point about the thread title, it in itself is whiny, may not represent Ally's actual tone though.

Do you think the current managers of either of those teams could being there squads into div 1 and have the same success as Ally? Do you think either of those managers would, managing this squad, do better than Ally - I don't. Managers at St mirren or the Killies of this world don't have the same need to deliver victory at every turn - expectation levels are low. Ally has done extremely we'll under very trying circumstances

I'm talking about pressure. Alan Johnston is under great pressure at Killie to ensure they stay up. Look at their position and tell me he isn't under real pressure at this time.

I'm talking about pressure. Alan Johnston is under great pressure at Killie to ensure they stay up. Look at their position and tell me he isn't under real pressure at this time.

Good point, fuck having the full force of Killie's monstrous support breathing down your neck! Their legions of fans throughout the world expect success

All he has to do is keep them up - but yes he is under pressure but a different pressure and a different level of expectation - I actually took a quick look at a the SPL managers and while I have different views on all of term I don't think there is one I would put in our hot seat ( I think jackie McNamara is probably the best but he would be under a lot of pressure at Ibrox!!) Ally has had to be manager , figurehead , and buffer - he has done so with dignity and perspective and still turns out a winning team week after week. he has both management and leadership ability to spare - but some have already make thee minds up and refuse to see the good points

All he has to do is keep them up - but yes he is under pressure but a different pressure and a different level of expectation - I actually took a quick look at a the SPL managers and while I have different views on all of term I don't think there is one I would put in our hot seat ( I think jackie McNamara is probably the best but he would be under a lot of pressure at Ibrox!!) Ally has had to be manager , figurehead , and buffer - he has done so with dignity and perspective and still turns out a winning team week after week. he has both management and leadership ability to spare - but some have already make thee minds up and refuse to see the good points

Butcher? I know some things he's said have seen him slated by a lot of bears but IMO his management is good enough.

Edit: actually I don't reckon we need any debates on who could replace Ally!

I'm not suggesting for a minute that Johnston replaces McCoist, I'm merely talking about pressure. Everyone has a degree of pressure at work and my point is that I'd rather be in McCoist's job just now than Johnston's. I'm also of the belief that the "pressure" angle is becoming an excuse.

I'm not suggesting for a minute that Johnston replaces McCoist, I'm merely talking about pressure. Everyone has a degree of pressure at work and my point is that I'd rather be in McCoist's job just now than Johnston's. I'm also of the belief that the "pressure" angle is becoming an excuse.

An excuse for what? Did we lose to Airdrie? Did we play really badly?

Was this comment not made at a contractually obligated press conference, when Ally made it I am sure he wasn't thinking of using it as an excuse for being unbeaten in the league.

This is pretty much what I meant, JCD, why are there any need for excuses immediately after a good performance & win? I don't think Ally was justifying himself here

An 'excuse' - I dont understand that? -

Ally, I think everyone agrees, is judged on what will happen on the field of play.

I happen to think he is doing a GREAT job - others may disagree - but my opinion is he is doing a great job AND dealing with the additional 'pressure' of the 'off the field stuff'. When he has a more stable 'off field' and a few 'real' transfer windows I think he will not only keep on delivering but keep the team winning (and that includes when we get to the top).

No one is looking for 'excuses' as I don't think there is anything to excuse - the team HAS progressed, is dominating - where I do have issues (and hence why I join in the debate) is with people who refuse to see these points - there are some who's rhetoric would make you think we were struggling in the league div 1, have a team stuffed with only Ally's pals, and that no matter what decision Ally makes, to some that decision is wrong.