David Templeton is completely void of confidence

Essandoh

A complete shadow of the player every football fan in Scotland knows he is. Whatever's going on in his head just now, its showing on the park. 3 games ago, he couldn't even get the ball under control. From there, he got the ball under control in his next game but couldn't beat a man. Today, he could control the ball, beat a man and then...he'd crumble.

I'm not sure if this is true, but if it is unfortunately so, then it explains a lot. I heard someone mention today that David's father tragically passed away in the last few weeks. The standing ovation given to him today following his substitution was clearly not for his performance on the pitch but as a warm gesture of support. I don't think anyone can say he wasn't trying. His head is off the pitch and I think until that's sorted he should be removed from the starting line-up. Mind you, maybe this run of games will do him well. He has been getting slightly less poor every game...

One more thing: Lee Wallace is a shining example of everything a Rangers player should aspire to be. A future Rangers captain.

For him to go out of his way to shake young Temp's hand today when he was walking off, head bowed, although it may not seem like much, it just shows the kind of person we have in that dressing room. Jig and Lee, without a doubt, are the heart of the spirit in this Rangers side and their loyalty will never be forgotten.

EDIT: False information.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had an injury early season he's still working his way back. He's better than he has been last couple games. We know it and he knows it.

Eg: See Black last season after his hernia op.

Still have faith Temps will be an influential player for us for seasons to come.

A complete shadow of the player every football fan in Scotland knows he is. Whatever's going on in his head just now, its showing on the park. 3 games ago, he couldn't even get the ball under control. From there, he got the ball under control in his next game but couldn't beat a man. Today, he could control the ball, beat a man and then...he'd crumble.

I'm not sure if this is true, but if it is unfortunately so, then it explains a lot. I heard someone mention today that David's father tragically passed away in the last few weeks. The standing ovation given to him today following his substitution was clearly not for his performance on the pitch but as a warm gesture of support. I don't think anyone can say he wasn't trying. His head is off the pitch and I think until that's sorted he should be removed from the starting line-up. Mind you, maybe this run of games will do him well. He has been getting slightly less poor every game...

One more thing: Lee Wallace is a shining example of everything a Rangers player should aspire to be. A future Rangers captain.

For him to go out of his way to shake young Temp's hand today when he was walking off, head bowed, although it may not seem like much, it just shows the kind of person we have in that dressing room. Jig and Lee, without a doubt, are the heart of the spirit in this Rangers side and their loyalty will never be forgotten.

Good post, well observed, a fully fit fully focused on form Templeton would be our best entertaining footballer by a distance imo, the chasings he gave Whittaker on a regular basis are still fresh in my mind, so we know what he can do.

Confidence does seen to be an issue but to be honest even last year for every bit of magic or good game he also had slot of poor performances and his final ball was very poor at times! He isn't young anymore (in football terms) yet he is still very inconsistent! I personally would give both McKay and aird some game time ahead of him at the moment!

Confidence does seen to be an issue but to be honest even last year for every bit of magic or good game he also had slot of poor performances and his final ball was very poor at times! He isn't young anymore (in football terms) yet he is still very inconsistent! I personally would give both McKay and aird some game time ahead of him at the moment!

The youngsters would be equally if not more inconsistent than Temps and we all know the support would be less than patient with them aswell.

Cant disagree about Templeton's apparent lack of confidence.

Lee Wallace going over to Templeton was class and his loyalty to Gers is to be commended. Hopefully he will be our next captain

Wallace's runs are superb and he provides us with an attacking option though his final ball could be better on occasion.