David Templeton is completely void of confidence

Essandoh

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Being dropped is the last thing that a player feeling like him needs.

well continuing to play him isn't doing him any good either and the truth is he doesn't deserve to be picked constantly when he isn't performing the likes of McKay, Aird, Stoney, Walsh, Telfer etc... are crying out fort the chance to impress but they just aren't getting the chance while the likes of Templeton, Clark, Little etc... who are performing poorly continue to be picked just due to their experience.

I don't agree with the comments on here calling him shite and not Rangers class I believe he is a talented player and he will come good again eventually but at this moment in time he is rank and doesn't deserve to start.

Aye, Temps definitely struggling for confidence the day, Wallace was talking to him all through the game, tried hard though and won a good few headers at Airdrie kick-outs :uk: fans giving him a good ovation when he was subbed and Wallace shaking his hand, seemed to lift his head.

:Templeton::clap: :clap:

A complete shadow of the player every football fan in Scotland knows he is.

Don't know about that. Did people only ever watch him against Whittaker? The rest of the time he was very average. It's no good being able to beat a couple of players if more often than not the pass afterwards goes to the opposition.

When he signed people were saying they'd have taken him in the SPL, and the best young talent in Scottish football (even though he's hardly young), they people watch a different player from me.

If as is suggested and he has suffered a significant loss in his personal life then i would suggest this isnt the way to help him, imo was lewis is back he will be back on the bench soon enough, felt sorry for him today but the crowd frustration was palpable, that cant be good for the lad. hope he comes back from this stronger, but on form he should be dropped

He has been rubbish, but I can understand giving him a run of games to see what he can really do. No point in bringing players on for 5 or 10 minutes at the end of games if you want to evaluate them. He is being given his chance, but so far fluffing it.

His confidence is lacking right now. He seems to pep up from time to time but if the pass doesn't work or he's tackled he fades a bit then tries again. I think he is a good enough player to come through all of this and I'm sure more game time - and time itself - will help. Lee Wallace clearly understands what he his going through as he encouraged him all the way through the game and as others have pointed out he made a point of going over to shake his hand when he was substituted. The Support's acknowledgement of him as he went off and his acknowledgement back to the Support was fine. I'm hoping this is a bit like Ian Black last year because (and taking nothing for granted) we will need all the experience and the best players we can get next season in the push to get back to the top league.

agree but what pleased me was the crowd noticing it and to a man applauding him when he went off.

Not from where I sit they didn't. The boy has been fucking awful. I've seen better players given less a chance.

Taking the piss? Have you been paying attention to his Rangers career? He can't even beat a fucken man. But I tell you something, when you're played out of position, you have to be a good player to make the most of it.

Taking the piss? Have you been paying attention to his Rangers career? He can't even beat a fucken man. But I tell you something, when you're played out of position, you have to be a good player to make the most of it.

:lol:

You're fast becoming the new More than a fan on here.

You've never seen Templeton have a good game and cause problems for the opposition's defence? He's not done it for ages but to say he can't do it is just plain wrong