David Templeton is completely void of confidence

Essandoh

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Temps as a Player and look forward to him Playing a Key Part of our Core Future Pool.

I reckon he will shine at a Higher level and I like his link up Play with Law Wallace on the Left.

I believe he would be suited more on the Right Mod where his Pace would bring us some Balance at a Higher Level.

Shiels is my preference in the Position he Played today though.

I thought David played a lot better today than his woeful performance on Wednesday night against Dunfermline. He was average today but at least he looked like he wanted the ball and tried to create something, during the week he spent a lot of time hiding.

Hopefully he can continue to improve and have a good game in Arbroath in two weeks' time.

A complete shadow of the player every football fan in Scotland knows he is. Whatever's going on in his head just now, its showing on the park. 3 games ago, he couldn't even get the ball under control. From there, he got the ball under control in his next game but couldn't beat a man. Today, he could control the ball, beat a man and then...he'd crumble.

I'm not sure if this is true, but if it is unfortunately so, then it explains a lot. I heard someone mention today that David's father tragically passed away in the last few weeks. The standing ovation given to him today following his substitution was clearly not for his performance on the pitch but as a warm gesture of support. I don't think anyone can say he wasn't trying. His head is off the pitch and I think until that's sorted he should be removed from the starting line-up. Mind you, maybe this run of games will do him well. He has been getting slightly less poor every game...

One more thing: Lee Wallace is a shining example of everything a Rangers player should aspire to be. A future Rangers captain.

For him to go out of his way to shake young Temp's hand today when he was walking off, head bowed, although it may not seem like much, it just shows the kind of person we have in that dressing room. Jig and Lee, without a doubt, are the heart of the spirit in this Rangers side and their loyalty will never be forgotten.

I don't normally 'like' a post and quote the OP also, but this is an excellent post. It has all the facts and a possible bit of sad news, that I am unsure of whether true, but the main point is to be positive towards our players.

Temps is doing the majority of things right, he is just failing when he needs to think. The take of a pass, the jinking past players and ...... this is where it stops, as he needs to think. Once his thought is mixed into it, his confidence is hurting his game.

I feel a wee bit bad for the criticism I gave him at the match today in the knowledge that he's just lost his Dad, that's really rough. I didn't understand that was the reason behind the standing ovation, which I have to say confused me at the time... I was annoyed every time someone passed him the ball because I felt that 9 times out of 10 no good would come of it. I also feel the statement someone made of "he thinks he's better than he is" seemed pretty relevant, he always seems to try big and difficult shots which ultimately go nowhere and which deprive other players of good goalscoring opportunities, if only he played a little less selfishly. I was talking to a Hearts fan earlier in the week who was lamenting the fact we'd taken their "star" player... I actually ended up saying "Please, please take him back!" But I concede what some people are saying on here, he's not the Rangers player he could be right now but if he comes onto form then he might be something special.

I've never seen Templeton being as good as I'm told he has been. To me there's a bit of a myth building up that he's shown he can be a great footballer.

A complete shadow of the player every football fan in Scotland knows he is. Whatever's going on in his head just now, its showing on the park. 3 games ago, he couldn't even get the ball under control. From there, he got the ball under control in his next game but couldn't beat a man. Today, he could control the ball, beat a man and then...he'd crumble.

I'm not sure if this is true, but if it is unfortunately so, then it explains a lot. I heard someone mention today that David's father tragically passed away in the last few weeks. The standing ovation given to him today following his substitution was clearly not for his performance on the pitch but as a warm gesture of support. I don't think anyone can say he wasn't trying. His head is off the pitch and I think until that's sorted he should be removed from the starting line-up. Mind you, maybe this run of games will do him well. He has been getting slightly less poor every game...

One more thing: Lee Wallace is a shining example of everything a Rangers player should aspire to be. A future Rangers captain.

For him to go out of his way to shake young Temp's hand today when he was walking off, head bowed, although it may not seem like much, it just shows the kind of person we have in that dressing room. Jig and Lee, without a doubt, are the heart of the spirit in this Rangers side and their loyalty will never be forgotten.

he was skillful when he cut inside but his final pass was shite. He was on the left so maybe on the right he would go wider instead of cutting inside all of the time