David Templeton is completely void of confidence

Essandoh

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know about that. Did people only ever watch him against Whittaker? The rest of the time he was very average. It's no good being able to beat a couple of players if more often than not the pass afterwards goes to the opposition.

When he signed people were saying they'd have taken him in the SPL, and the best young talent in Scottish football (even though he's hardly young), they people watch a different player from me.

I agree, when at Hearts he had 3 or 4 good games a season,the rest of the time he was as much a waster as he has been with us this season. His attitude also could do with a big improvement as far as I am concerned; a bit more effort for the team and keep trying when he loses the ball.

Templeton is short of confidence the same as Barry Mc Kay

I cannot understand how we have natural footballing talent as the above - WASTED

It is beyond any logical fan like myself that to have wingers who can destroy teams

and (fraiser aird) are found to be looking in but big jon daly would enjoy some service

Barry Mc Kay was one of our players to be proud of for his efforts and a joy to watch

last season - he gets injured and hasnt featured even on the bench.

This club coisty was brought up with fabulous wingers

Waddell ,Henderson,Johnstone, Cooper , Walters, Mc Minn, Kanchelskis, Mc Cann- slot for daley to enjoy the service ??

Templeton is short of confidence the same as Barry Mc Kay

I cannot understand how we have natural footballing talent as the above - WASTED

It is beyond any logical fan like myself that to have wingers who can destroy teams

and (fraiser aird) are found to be looking in but big jon daly would enjoy some service

Barry Mc Kay was one of our players to be proud of for his efforts and a joy to watch

last season - he gets injured and hasnt featured even on the bench.

This club coisty was brought up with fabulous wingers

Waddell ,Henderson,Johnstone, Cooper , Walters, Mc Minn, Kanchelskis, Mc Cann- slot for daley to enjoy the service ??

Exactly, he is a good player and has proven this in the past. I wondered too if he is being given enough game time. Or perhaps there is a confidence issue which is not being dealt with properly. I remember that Black was played when under pressure last season, with some issues outside football, and underperformed, perhaps this is similar ?

He's a great wee player,bags of skill,but at this moment in time he's the whipping boy because he isn't doing enough in games.

The story about his dad is BS he's a friend of my family and we would have heard this news.

He will come good....but at this moment in time he is struggling.

This lad has a lot of potential unfortunately he has had a lot of injuries since he joined us so there is pressure on him not only to play well when he gets the chance, but there will also be a pressure from within to try and avoid further injury. It's when you are subconsciously trying to avoid injury that you get them.

If he has just lost his father he'll be in a pretty bad place just now never mind his football problems. Loosing a parent is pretty devastating no matter what your age is, but it does hit hard the younger you are. Pretty sure he is in good hands with McCoist and the backroom staff to build his confidence and offer as much support as needed in his private life.

We want Barrie Mc Kay back now - If we let this lad fade away then never mind the shite in the boardroom

serious questions where it matters on the pitch needs answered and templeton needs 90 mins

If we have the talent use it last year aird and mc kay gave us hope we had a future

and we need to these guys on the bench at the very least !

I agree gattuso he was great for us last season when fit, we were exposed if he was missing and he is a talented young lad who will flourish

This is what I mean. For me it's a myth that he was great last season. He scored some good goals which covered up the fact that he was poor most of the time.

A talented boy but one who plays in bursts. Just needs a real run of games.

He's never going to be a complete footballer, just don't think he has it in him. He can still be a big player for us though. Might seem like a slightly odd comparison, but I'd liken him to Nani at Man United. Can do magical things when he wants to, and can have great bursts of form, but is more than likely never going to turn that into consistency as Ronaldo did at United

Can I state this explicitly, if it isn't already clear in the original post: I do not know the accuracy of the presumption that his father has passed. I want to make that clear. I merely said that it was being discussed around me today at Ibrox. Hopefully it isn't true.

It's a shame to see him struggle because there's definitely a player in there somewhere. Plus the rumour about his dad is complete bullshit as he was on my site on Friday.

Made it explicitly clear on the original post that the accuracy of the talk around me wasn't certain. I'll edit accordingly.

Made it explicitly clear on the original post that the accuracy of the talk around me wasn't certain. I'll edit accordingly.

No worries mate wasn't accusing you personally! The mind boggles as to why people make up lies like that, completely pointless.

He's a great wee player,bags of skill,but at this moment in time he's the whipping boy because he isn't doing enough in games.

The story about his dad is BS he's a friend of my family and we would have heard this news.

He will come good....but at this moment in time he is struggling.

That good news, I don't have a clue how a story like that could be spread then taken as gospel, I think that we will have to face up to Templeton being a bit part player, like many of his ilk consistency or lack of it seems to be the norm.

He showed that he can play on and off last year. Footballers are used to being in and out of the team and he should be playing enough football that his skills are honed. Surely you don't forget how to weight a pass? 2 games ago he was over hitting by 20 yards.

As said in another comment Barrie McKay is a better prospect so we should concentrate on bringing the best out of him with game time.

Agreed about the comments about Wallace, but his one weakness is his finishing, Ally give him a extra hour in front of goals after training, Lee Wallace could be a cheap Gareth Bale? At this level he can go by players for fun, but if he could cut in more and crack the ball in the bottom corner more, he is worth at least 15 goals a season,

As for Temp's? He has no confidence as was apparent against Dunfermilne. Why has he not been a regular in our team? He should have Wallace bombing by him down the flank, this should create space for him, he is the most talented player we have? He should already have an understanding with Clark and Daly, but they have not all been in the team that much together.

I know guys from Shettletson who are in the know , and they are saying he is not in Ally's little group, ie, McCoist gets on with other player better, he feels pushed out and is frustrated at times, But he does not and never has wanted to leave us.

The backroom team need to get more out of Temp's, as if we meet a spfl team in the cup we need player like him to be flying, Get him in the team more, tell him his worth to the team, he and Clark are both still young and could be with us for a few years if they hit the heights we all know they can.

Let's hope he gets it together, as he is the one man in that team who can excite us .