The unacceptable face of Scotland

D'Artagnan

Bigotry works only the one way in this country, all in our direction! As I've said before, it's beginning to mirror the peace process in NI, they take everything and we are left with our thumb up our arse. Don't get me wrong, there were inequities and discrimination against them in NI and needed redressing, but these fuckers have taken discrimination to a new level, to ensure that liberty only exists on their side, but it ain't over yet, not by a long shot (pardon the pun!).

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My neighbour used to work as a steward at the Fakirk stadium 2-3 years ago.

Ra Sellick played Falkirk that weekend and most of ra Sellick supporters stood outside the stadium to not only boycott the minutes silence but to engage in singing republican ditties. Unbelievable but true!

And that my friend is what the beggars are scared of .Their shameful fans would let the club down in full view of the watching world .With the compliant media they do have a trusty allies though.

People could say that politicians won't do anything, as it either suits them or/and they are scared of losing their jobs by pissing off any voters and that the screws are demonstrably just their puppet masters tools and the mhedia are already in hand but have recently pushed their selective blindness to a whole new level recently.

I can only take hope that the scum are emboldened this, and continue to illuminate what they stand for to an ever growing number.

I'm completely disgusted by them, and so should those that were unlucky enough to propogate their genes.

It shows the mentality of some people in this country that they can't stand in silence as a mark of respect for ONE MINUTE.

Thousands of Irish Catholics died fighting during both world wars for the King so I don't understand that aspect of it.

The other thing is this; there are more Irish catholics in Manchester, Liverpool and Birmingham than Scotland, they came for the same reasons and stayed for the same reasons but they all support teams who wore the poppy over the weekend and ALL observed a minutes silence, my dad was from the North West and was die hard Man Utd fan and had loads of catholic mates he went to games with so why are they all such arseholes up here?

I would suggest it's the fact they choose to separate themselves from the age of 5 but I'd probably end up with a police caution so I won't.

Loads of RC schools down here, and loads of CofE schols too. Virtually every school seems to be a St this or a St that. At the risk of sounding a bolshy I'd say that being of any particular religion or none didn't give any real advantage down here, whereas being of the 'right' class did. But in other parts of the country, being of the 'right' persuasion was a bit more important in terms of your future prospects, so privilege and grievance have played their parts. And England's 'sectarian divide' is still class I'm afraid.

But no excuse for being idiots about respecting those who died for us who were of all religions and none..

It shows the mentality of some people in this country that they can't stand in silence as a mark of respect for ONE MINUTE.

Thousands of Irish Catholics died fighting during both world wars for the King so I don't understand that aspect of it.

The other thing is this; there are more Irish catholics in Manchester, Liverpool and Birmingham than Scotland, they came for the same reasons and stayed for the same reasons but they all support teams who wore the poppy over the weekend and ALL observed a minutes silence, my dad was from the North West and was die hard Man Utd fan and had loads of catholic mates he went to games with so why are they all such arseholes up here?

I would suggest it's the fact they choose to separate themselves from the age of 5 but I'd probably end up with a police caution so I won't.

At the George Square cenotaph there was a reef from the Jewish ex service men.

Sorry eejay but how could a whole club possibly "forget" ? Half the nation are walking around with poppies in their lapels, you cant go to the shops without seeing poppy sellers, its been on the TV in various formats night after night. Notwithstanding that the Police match commander would have flagged up potential trouble at the ceremony with club security.

Exactly. Well done eejay on doing it, but he spoke to the fall guy imo.

Ra Sellick played Falkirk that weekend and most of ra Sellick supporters stood outside the stadium to not only boycott the minutes silence but to engage in singing republican ditties. Unbelievable but true!

It was noted on here at the time, they stayed outside singing rebel songs.

Scum.

And this is exactly why they're trying to turn this into a political point scoring exercise. Deflect away from the facts and twist, fabricate and smear and shed us in a bad light for paying respect to the fallen. Every tarrier journo, supporter and politician is now peddling this propaganda and there's no doubt it's gathering momentum at a frightening pace. The scum are united in this and while we're fighting among ourselves they're collectively getting stronger and stronger pushing this false agenda.

There is a quote that goes; “If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it." Make no mistake, those pushing this won't be happy until it becomes a crime to be British in this country and I fear a yes vote next year will only make them stronger.

EDIT: These are the kind of blogs/articles that are popping up rapidly and it's only a matter of time before one appears in a taig infested rhag, note how the mask slips towards the end of the blog:

http://quaer0.wordpress.com/2013/11/11/hypocrisy-that-knows-no-bounds/

And this is exactly why they're trying to turn this into a political point scoring exercise. Deflect away from the facts and twist, fabricate and smear and shed us in a bad light for paying respect to the fallen. Every tarrier journo, supporter and politician is now peddling this propaganda and there's no doubt it's gathering momentum at a frightening pace. The scum are united in this and while we're fighting among ourselves they're collectively getting stronger and stronger pushing this false agenda.

There is a quote that goes; “If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it." Make no mistake, those pushing this won't be happy until it becomes a crime to be British in this country and I fear a yes vote next year will only make them stronger.

EDIT: These are the kind of blogs/articles that are popping up rapidly and it's only a matter of time before one appears in a taig infested rhag, note how the mask slips towards the end of the blog:

http://quaer0.wordpress.com/2013/11/11/hypocrisy-that-knows-no-bounds/

Seems we're all big fans of all wars if we observe remembrance.

A sign of things to come should the people in the Scottish executive succeed in breaking up the UK.

And based on utter bollocks and lies - Scots government was represented at all major acts of rememberence and even after independence we will continue with armistice day!

And based on utter bollocks and lies - Scots government was represented at all major acts of rememberence and even after independence we will continue with armistice day!

True, but as ever they have sat back and said nothing about the extreme lack of respect shown by so many at the weekend.

Salmond was rentagob a few weeks ago over Grangemeouth, nowhere to be seen on this subject. I wonder why?

Police with Batons should have been deployed.

If there is no SPFL rule regarding a minute's silence, Ra Sellik are not under any obligation to hold one if they are at home, or the home team are not under any obligation to hold one if Ra Sellik are away.

Seems very convenient, or maybe I'm crediting Liewell with even more influence than he actually has.

If there is no SPFL rule regarding a minute's silence, Ra Sellik are not under any obligation to hold one if they are at home, or the home team are not under any obligation to hold one if Ra Sellik are away.

Seems very convenient, or maybe I'm crediting Liewell with even more influence than he actually has.

No mate .You may be on to something :-)

When I first read the OP I was in complete agreement. I still am, especially the last paragraph. I absolutely do not agree with appeasement in any form to these 'plastic paddies'. Initially I felt that we had to have some way of forcing observance of Remembrance Day services, but I have come to realise that this is impractical. When we look at the observance of Remembrance services at Ibrox, the question arises of 'How can you legislate the earnestness of the display of respect and heartfelt gratitude for the Armed Forces and their past sacrifices?' The answer is you can't. These are feelings and emotions that must be given freely and gladly.

That there are an element in some football clubs' support that would attempt to usurp the display of these emotions is more than a little disturbing. However, those who died to give us our freedoms also ensured that our society has a free will. All that we can do is to try to make sure that on all occasions our culture and traditions are given the chance to be observed to the fullest extent possible.

I think that we may have an ally in the making from a most unexpected source. I have reproduced excerpts from two articles out of Ulster over the weekend. There are other instances of this kind of support from the tweets of Martin McGuiness but I have not printed them. This may be because I have a problem believing anything that he says and that I do not believe that he is sincere. On the other hand these two stories, although political, I believe are the start of sincere attempts to heal the wounds of past days. The point is that these are people the 'plastic paddies' would have us believe they support. How foolish are the actions of the 'plastic paddies' when the very 'base' of their support is reaching out to enjoin with our traditions. We can only hope that the bigots who are disrupting our traditions, with Liewell's backing, will just fade away as an insignificance with no support of any real integrity.

http://www.u.tv/News/Remembrance-Sunday-marked-in-NI/c1e82eec-5b0a-43c2-844d-5d45f58e01fb

Taoiseach Enda Kenny was among thousands who took part in commemorative services across Northern Ireland on Remembrance

Sunday.

At 11am those gathered across the UK observed a two-minute's silence in an Act of Remembrance, with poppy wreaths laid in tribute afterwards.

In Enniskillen, Taoiseach Enda Kenny joined NI Secretary of State Theresa Villiers and Fermanagh & South Tyrone DUP Minister

Arlene Foster joined those marking the national day of remembrance in the town.

Twenty-six years ago, 11 people were killed and over 60 were injured in an IRA bomb at the town's War Memorial.

Mr Kenny made history last year by becoming the first Irish premier to attend a Remembrance Day service in Northern Ireland when he visited Enniskillen on the 25th anniversary of the Poppy Day bomb.

In Belfast the 2nd Battalion of the Royal Irish Regiment performed a guard of honour at City Hall's Cenotaph and Garden of

Remembrance where several thousand turned out for the region's main commemoration service took place.

Among those laying wreaths were First Minister Peter Robinson, her Majesty's Lord Lieutenant of Belfast Dame Mary Peters, with

tributes led by Deputy Lord Mayor Alderman Christopher Stalford.

Those who served us protected our freedom, our way of life and secured for us, by their sacrifice, the freedom that we enjoy today.

Deputy Lord Mayor Christopher Stalford

"I think it's right that we should pay our respects to those that serve us and who continue to serve us in ongoing conflicts such as Afghanistan," Alderman Stalford commented.

Also in attendance for the second successive year was Tanaiste Eamon Gilmore TD, who also laid a laurel wreath during the service.

"I think it is very important that we commemorate together, the Irish government regards it as very important," he told UTV.

"Over 200,000 people from all over the island of Ireland were in the First World War, many of them lost their lives, and I think it's important that all of us from all parts of the island, including the Irish government, commemorate those who died in the wars."

http://www.u.tv/News/Silence-for-Armistice-Day-in-NI/ced80f5a-7449-41e4-ba46-aa75e5c83a8

Máirtín Ó Muilleoir has become the first Sinn Féin Lord Mayor of Belfast to attend the Armistice Day commemorations at City Hall.

A two-minute silence was observed at 11am on Monday to mark the end of the First World War - on the eleventh hour, on the

eleventh day, of the eleventh month.

Mr Ó Muilleoir made history as he stood alongside DUP politicians for the tribute.

Afterwards he said he felt the gesture was an important part of his efforts to be a mayor "for all the people of Belfast", as he promised when taking office.

The Sinn Féin man said: "Part of that means reaching out to unionism and today really was about peacemaking towards unionism.

"This is a huge event in the unionist calendar in particular and I wanted to show respect for unionist people and the Protestant people of Belfast by being at the cenotaph on the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month."

However he added that the decision had not been easy.

We should make 2014 year of the Union. Every Person who cares about the union should fly the union flag from their home. Every game at Ibrox should be a sea of union flags. Let's be honest, what's really behind the actions on rememberence day, is a loathing of our country.

If youre proud to be British the time is fast approaching when you need to show it or regret it forever.