The unacceptable face of Scotland

D'Artagnan

this whole country is fucked I watched the remembrance service in London on tv. countrys from all over the world were there the only people from Scotland were the Scottish branch of the british legion no one from the Scottish government were there that I could see and I also think the sfa should tell every club in Scotland that a minutes silence should be held and if not observed then the club will be fined and any proceeds will go to poppy appeal

It's so strange that so many clubs "forgot" that I'm beginning to think the SFA have written to them telling them they don't have to do it

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not much you can say about this other than it's a poor show. Ross County and their fans being denied the chance to remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice because a section of the Celtic support can't be trusted to keep their loathsome views to themselves for a full 60 seconds is depressing, but hardly surprising.

So you are happy to acquiesce and give in to mob behaviour ?

No I just dont revel in their mob behaviour and use it as point scoring. I would rather spend this time being thankful and remembering the fallen and those who still serve. This should not be a time for thinking about what those idiots get up to.

this whole country is fucked I watched the remembrance service in London on tv. countrys from all over the world were there the only people from Scotland were the Scottish branch of the british legion no one from the Scottish government were there that I could see and I also think the sfa should tell every club in Scotland that a minutes silence should be held and if not observed then the club will be fined and any proceeds will go to poppy appeal

They would have attended scottish services mate. I personally find that locally there has been a concerted effort to mark the occasion as there always has been in previous years, i dont see it changing until eventually the generations to come are too far removed from conflict that they can connect or understand the occasion.

It is shameful that there was no silence at these games, just as shameful is the fact it will be covered up and overlooked in the press.

The following is from Ross County Official Site:

Ross County Football Club would like to sincerely apologise for the lack of a minute's silence at their match on Saturday the 9th of November ahead of Remembrance Sunday.

As a Club we are both honoured and humbled by the sacrifice of the men and women who have given of themselves for the benefit of others in times of war and conflict, particularly throughout the past 99 years and even more so as we approach the centenary of the outbreak of the First World War.

The lack of a minute's silence was not an operational or policy decision but an error of omission arising from a failure to address changes in staff responsibilities, and the matter is being dealt with internally.

The Club will continue in its policy of marking the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month with a 2 minute silence as well supporting the Poppy Appeal by allocating Matchday Collections at the Stadium to support their work in assisting veterans and will of course ensure measures are taken to avoid any possible repetition of our error on Saturday the 9th.

Not only appeasers and cowards of terrorist minded but liars as well !

Perhaps this is where we should direct our emails, to the SFA. Although with Regan's tweet on the Savill/Rangers thing I wouldn't hold out much hope.

No I just dont revel in their mob behaviour and use it as point scoring. I would rather spend this time being thankful and remembering the fallen and those who still serve. This should not be a time for thinking about what those idiots get up to.

bb I respect everything you are saying but the core of everything that means so much to so many is being shat on spat on taken away from us bit by bit are we just to accept this and do nothing to highlight the people who are doing this the same people who say we use Nazi salutes but are the same people supported the germans when they were attacking our country o I think its time they were shamed .

They would have attended scottish services mate. I personally find that locally there has been a concerted effort to mark the occasion as there always has been in previous years, i dont see it changing until eventually the generations to come are too far removed from conflict that they can connect or understand the occasion.

It is shameful that there was no silence at these games, just as shameful is the fact it will be covered up and overlooked in the press.

I just think there should be someone from the Scottish government there to represent our nation

I am shocked, saddened and also very angry about what went on the Ross County.

Im sorry but the "someone forgot" excuse doesn't wash with me. The whole club forogt? No-one remembered? Give me a break.

No, it would appear to me to have been a conscious decision made by Ross County largely driven by the fact that Celtic were the opposing team on that day.

It would be a fair statement to say that Ross County acquiesced to the will of those those anti British folk who follow celtic.

Poor poor show Ross County: hang your heads in shame. If it were not for those that gave thier lives in the World Wars you might not even have your precious football club.

My contempt goes beyond words

Perhaps this is where we should direct our emails, to the SFA. Although with Regan's tweet on the Savill/Rangers thing I wouldn't hold out much hope.

if the sfa make it a rule and why should they not. if it comes from the sfa then they should be made to hold a minutes silence or be fined.

if the sfa make it a rule and why should they not. if it comes from the sfa then they should be made to hold a minutes silence or be fined.

But if their fans have no respect - and shame on them for that - making them hold a minutes silence or be fined is just going to be a travesty. Acts of remembrance have to be vouluntary and heartfelt or they're meaningless. Thankfully the views of fans at one club are a minority and can be treated with the contempt they deserve.

Please dont insult me Bothwell - I rarely ever write about them or their support..perhaps twice in 12 years and hundreds of blogs.

This is about that mob behaviour impacting on others - and preventing them from showing their respect.

Can I ask all those who think it was correct to dispense with the ceremony - if in a couple of years time Remembrance Day falls on the weekend of an Old Firm Derby at Ibrox - should we dispense with it ?

This can be used against Septic supporters as a simple point scoring exercise.

But it has a meaningful message; Septic supporters can’t be trusted to show respect to the dead, clubs would rather not have the minute silence rather that allowing Septic to show their disrespect, because they can’t be trusted. Humiliation about the actions of their own kind may lead them to consider their behaviour. So if you want them to change them slag them and slag them and slag them about this.

Before anyone goes off on one, I have served and one of my friends is the honoured dead (he supported Abersheep)and I serve his memory better when I pull those who show no respect rather than hope some untrustworthy politician raises it.

Fucking apologists.

No respectful silence incase the mhanks spoil it. More upset by it being spoiled than by it not being respected?

Truly disgusting. Utterly appalling, irrespective of colour creed race sexuality or any other factor.

Never have i been more disgusted. And by those alleged to be our own. Hang your heads in shame, apologist traitors.

Ross County Football Club would like to sincerely apologise for the lack of a minute's silence at their match on Saturday the 9th of November ahead of Remembrance Sunday.

As a Club we are both honoured and humbled by the sacrifice of the men and women who have given of themselves for the benefit of others in times of war and conflict, particularly throughout the past 99 years and even more so as we approach the centenary of the outbreak of the First World War.

The lack of a minute's silence was not an operational or policy decision but an error of omission arising from a failure to address changes in staff responsibilities, and the matter is being dealt with internally.

The Club will continue in its policy of marking the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month with a 2 minute silence as well supporting the Poppy Appeal by allocating Matchday Collections at the Stadium to support their work in assisting veterans and will of course ensure measures are taken to avoid any possible repetition of our error on Saturday the 9th.

BULLSHIT

Fucking apologists.

No respectful silence incase the mhanks spoil it. More upset by it being spoiled than by it not being respected?

Truly disgusting. Utterly appalling, irrespective of colour creed race sexuality or any other factor.

Never have i been more disgusted. And by those alleged to be our own. Hang your heads in shame, apologist traitors.

Fucking spot on!! (tu)

thtttthe only thing I am going to add to all this is I am proud of our club and every rangers supporter for the manner that we conduct ourselves in when showing our respect to the fallen hero's of our nation lead by example in the hope others may follow

But if their fans have no respect - and shame on them for that - making them hold a minutes silence or be fined is just going to be a travesty. Acts of remembrance have to be vouluntary and heartfelt or they're meaningless. Thankfully the views of fans at one club are a minority and can be treated with the contempt they deserve.

Not when the views of that one club impact on the views of another club ( most likely a monetary threat ) who have previously never missed a Remembrance service. As has been said, this acquiesience is the thin end of the wedge.

Scotland's claim to be fighting the cancer of sectarianism and hatred took a severe dent at the weekend. Perhaps sadly, the decision not to hold a one minute silence prior to the Ross County vs Celtic match, came as no surprise to many of us.

Its embarrassing, unedifying and sickening to hear a one minute silence being disrupted and dishonoured. But there is something worse, far worse in fact - not holding such a ceremony at all. Because in failing to do so we have acquiesced to the morons, the bigots - we have handed them victory on a plate.

Let the moronic and shameful actions of bigots within the Celtic support shame all the devils in hell - rather that than our country is forced to fail to remember the fallen whose sacrifice ensured our freedom from evil and tyranny.

This morning I wrote to Ross County asking for an explanation into such an omission on Saturday and in particular who made the decision to dispense with the one minute silence - was it from someone in the club or from outside the club? The Ross County support have previously made their club aware of the importance of Remembrance Day and its significance within their support.

http://www.north-sta...oldiers-667.htm

Furthermore this is an issue which must ascend Old Firm rivalry and the often tit for tat churlish and pedantic tribalism. It is time for the Scottish press and media to stop avoiding the issue and to speak out - ignoring it will not make it go away.

It is untenable and unacceptable that men who laid down their lives in order to defeat that which is unacceptable cannot themselves be remembered and honoured due to the actions and behaviour of some in our society which is in itself – wholly unacceptable.

Dart .In my opinion it's the corrupt bastards at the Sfa/Spl as that's what they still are .They are definitely making sure beggars fixtures are such that they don't have to face embarressment .An away tie to Ross County on a Saturday morning slotted in perfectly with their plan .We also had the usual soundbite from rodent No 1 with his probably pre arranged gripe about playing Saturday morning just for effect .I hate the beggars but not far behind is the cowards that run the game in this Country .

This statement is a fucking disgrace and complete bullshit .Seems Pedro has his extended his power over Ross County

Please dont insult me Bothwell - I rarely ever write about them or their support..perhaps twice in 12 years and hundreds of blogs.

This is about that mob behaviour impacting on others - and preventing them from showing their respect.

Can I ask all those who think it was correct to dispense with the ceremony - if in a couple of years time Remembrance Day falls on the weekend of an Old Firm Derby at Ibrox - should we dispense with it ?

No takers on that one ?