The unacceptable face of Scotland

D'Artagnan

Not much you can say about this other than it's a poor show. Ross County and their fans being denied the chance to remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice because a section of the Celtic support can't be trusted to keep their loathsome views to themselves for a full 60 seconds is depressing, but hardly surprising.

Good post TWB

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll see if I can get on Talksport tomorrow to highlight this .Not the Brazil show as he and his beggar crew won't entertain it .

Fuckin hate clyde, but gonna try and phone in there too just to see how they get rid of meCaller name sima( n) for bears gonna tune in...

If you get on and get this point across without Michael ,Andy or Jim Delacunt cutting you off it will be a miracle .

If you get on and get this point across without Michael ,Andy or Jim Delacunt cutting you off it will be a miracle .

Might be my ehm second point, after some pish about scotland game or something.Dont doubt ill get blanked but still hope to get the point across.

No takers on that one ?

It's a fair point and I'll take it. Remembrance has to be only about honouring those who've given their lives for our freedom, nothing else is important compared to that. For once, and for one day only, the clubs we love take second place to that. Those who died maybe didn't even like football or supported clubs we don't like. And they were probably of all religions and none. So if theres going to be crap because of idiots that will hurt those who still mourn I'd say better off not doing it at all.

In discussions with a Celtic fan I know, we agreed to disagree. I raised the issue of Celtic's reluctance to embrace Remembrance commemorations (he always wears a poppy and is an auxiliary member of the Royal Canadian Legion) and he pointed out that when British soldiers were dying in Afghanistan and Iraq, our club was evading paying taxes which might have properly equipped them. As I said, agree to disagree.

In discussions with a Celtic fan I know, we agreed to disagree. I raised the issue of Celtic's reluctance to embrace Remembrance commemorations (he always wears a poppy and is an auxiliary member of the Royal Canadian Legion) and he pointed out that when British soldiers were dying in Afghanistan and Iraq, our club was evading paying taxes which might have properly equipped them. As I said, agree to disagree.

Which, even if true, would have an impact on them holding a minute's silence how?

Away to fuck. Put taig in his place with facts.And to even hint at our issues affecting our troops serving our country, and to mention this in the same breath as remembrance weekend, ...................Bust his fuckin nose.Fuck this utter pish on such a solemn weekend

Hmmm no the first of your posts that have been :shifty:

We weren't evading taxes. An EBT was a legitimate tax loophole. We won the case and it was so we could pay bigger salaries to better players.

Plus whilst our waens were learning the game ira fc youngsters were being raped

It's a fair point and I'll take it. Remembrance has to be only about honouring those who've given their lives for our freedom, nothing else is important compared to that. For once, and for one day only, the clubs we love take second place to that. Those who died maybe didn't even like football or supported clubs we don't like. And they were probably of all religions and none. So if theres going to be crap because of idiots that will hurt those who still mourn I'd say better off not doing it at all.

Thats not really answering the question though Paul - not that I would disagree with the sentiments you have expressed.

The line of reasoning you offered earlier would suggest we dispense with our ceremony - and that just cant be right surely ?

Tomorrow at 11am, I will read "In Flanders Fields" by John McCrae as I always do on November 11th. Was lucky enough to visit McCrae's house (now a museum) in Guelph, Ontario, some years ago and enjoyed the experience. I have a sizeable collection of photos of WW1 monuments in Canada which I hope to scan and put on a blog someday soon. Trouble is, you're never as busy as when you retire.

Read "In Flanders Fields" if you get the chance.

Remember our fathers, brave and bold.

No takers on that one ?

Do you honestly think Doncaster will arrange an old firm game on remembrance weekend?

Ho ho ho ho ho ho! It's a non question. Liewell would ensure it doesn't happen.

Anyway, and back to the main point, this, ahem, 'oversight' by both Ross County and Plastic Whistle should be discussed with a few MP's at the next local surgery in your area. Commemoration of our fallen soldiers should be mandatory - with no excuses!

Given the amount of clubs who didn't observe the minutes silence in the SPFL, Ra Sellic will no do doubt say, and continue to say, they are only keeping in line with the general feeling of other clubs. The fact that other clubs are now behaving this way is disgusting. Welcome to the Scotland of the future.

Heroes died for todays brits saying best not to do it at all if theres going to be crap caused by idiots.Or specifically mhank scum.Shame on you. NEVER EVER allow scum to silence civility. Fight that shitwith your last breath.Turning in to pacifist, apologistic embarrassments to our club, colours and traditions

Shameful display from scotlands supposed top league ,when only one game holds a minutes silence in respects to our fallen . How many Nationalities of players /supporters in the English Premiership observed the silence impeccably . Really puts scotland to shame,

Where did these last few crackers come from .God help us with apologists like these 2muppets in our Country .

Thats not really answering the question though Paul - not that I would disagree with the sentiments you have expressed.

The line of reasoning you offered earlier would suggest we dispense with our ceremony - and that just cant be right surely ?

No it isn't right at all, no argument with you on that whatsoever. But to answer your original question if there was no way of ensuring the silence could be honoured respectfully it shouldn't go ahead for the reasons I mentioned. And Rangers should make it fully clear beforehand that the reason it isn't going ahead is because the need to honour the dead respectfully comes before everything else, and Rangers couldn't guarrantee that would be the case at that game.

As other posters have said though, heaven and earth would be moved to avoid that fixture taking place then.

No it isn't right at all, no argument with you on that whatsoever. But to answer your original question if there was no way of ensuring the silence could be honoured respectfully it shouldn't go ahead for the reasons I mentioned. And Rangers should make it fully clear beforehand that the reason it isn't going ahead is because the need to honour the dead respectfully comes before everything else, and Rangers couldn't guarrantee that would be the case at that game.

As other posters have said though, heaven and earth would be moved to avoid that fixture taking place then.

Utter nonsense. You cant refrain from doing the civilised right thing for fear of a few wanks protesting.Genuinely disgusted by this suggestion.Should we do away with cenotaphs incase taigs piss on them? No. Lock up the rancid vermin.Fuck these anti brits and fuck our apologist embarrassments in our own colours.