The unacceptable face of Scotland

D'Artagnan

it looks like teams are tugging their forelock to cellic. Ross County are not sorry for the misdeed, but rather only sorry because someone is requesting the apology. Its the worst form of non-apology typical of what we see from so many of our politicians now.

It's like the Oliver Letwin apology for putting official papers in public park bin. He said that he regretted "allowing" and "failing to stop" the papers from going in the bin. Ironically, their excuse should have been binned, in favour of a decent apology.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fear for what my two teenage sons will have to endure in years to come.Make no mistake it is building momentum by each passing year.!!!!!

Absolutely. I fear a "yes" vote, albeit unlikely at the moment. It would give them a chance for more influence.

In discussions with a Celtic fan I know, we agreed to disagree. I raised the issue of Celtic's reluctance to embrace Remembrance commemorations (he always wears a poppy and is an auxiliary member of the Royal Canadian Legion) and he pointed out that when British soldiers were dying in Afghanistan and Iraq, our club was evading paying taxes which might have properly equipped them. As I said, agree to disagree.

I do not normally do this, but I would have called him out for what he was and never let the bastard darken my door again.

Pig ignorant fuck that he is.

It's like the Oliver Letwin apology for putting official papers in public park bin. He said that he regretted "allowing" and "failing to stop" the papers from going in the bin. Ironically, their excuse should have been binned, in favour of a decent apology.

I'm sorry you feel that way...

Please dont insult me Bothwell - I rarely ever write about them or their support..perhaps twice in 12 years and hundreds of blogs.

This is about that mob behaviour impacting on others - and preventing them from showing their respect.

Can I ask all those who think it was correct to dispense with the ceremony - if in a couple of years time Remembrance Day falls on the weekend of an Old Firm Derby at Ibrox - should we dispense with it ?

We would absolutely hold it if it was at Ibrox, but lets be honest they would never allow that to happen.

Tell me this though, what benefit would a ruined minute silence be for the fallen and our serviceman and woman? What would they gain from that except hurt and anger? It is about these people and these people only.

Look we can all whinge and greet on here but the sad truth is we've let the politicians water down our way of life, traditions and heritage by filling the country full people who don't give a monkeys about the indigenous population in fact pretty damn quick we'll be in the minority. In January/February another load will come in who'll probably get the vote in independence and then where will you be ? These politicians just want the power to fill their pockets and they don't care who gives them it. We are just faceless regular taxpayers who they take for granted. So until you get up off your arses because it's going to get worse and do something about it then it's pointless whining on a thread like this on here ! (tu);):sherlock:

PS - My Mother and Father Fought For This Country Loyal !

The people from the Scottish governments were at the parades / ceremonies in both Glasgow and Edinburgh - most of Scotland showed the respect due - some shity football teams 'forgot' the silence the day before - that is to their shame - but to tar everyone with the same brush is also wrong.

You are right BP9 ,it's to their shame that they never showed respect , although when only one fixture in the supposed top league in this country ,holds a minutes silence .It is shameful to the Country ,the people ,the armed forces and not to forget ,the fallen .

There's a wee bit buried inside the Daily Mail which mentions that Ross County forgot to hold a minutes silence. It doesn't criticise Ross County, it doesn't make any reference to the fact Celtic being the opposition had anything to do with it.

Oh, it does mention that Rangers had "English" poppies on our jerseys.

The people from the Scottish governments were at the parades / ceremonies in both Glasgow and Edinburgh - most of Scotland showed the respect due - some shity football teams 'forgot' the silence the day before - that is to their shame - but to tar everyone with the same brush is also wrong.

the point I was trying to make was in the past we had members of the Scottish parliament down in London for the main parade which is broadcast all over the world I know they were at parades in our own country I just thought we should have someone in London I was not saying they did not attend any parades it was when tv commentators were reading out who was in attendance there was a mention of people from all over but none from our goverment

and in no way was I trying to tar everyone with the same brush just highlighting there was no one to represent our goverment

First of all can I say that teams not having a minutes silence this weekend has made me very angry, so I am very much on your side.

It is just to say that the fifth (I think) wreath was laid by Angus Robertson, the leader of the SNP are Westminster.

After watching the remememberence service on Saturday night I said to my wife, how could any Scot watch that and vote for independence next year. Being Scottish and British is what I want to stay. Just say No.

Heard a rumour that wigans James Mclean was dropped at weekend as he refused to wear a strip with a poppy on it.

Scum behaviour from him if true, just like the lowlife across the city who refuse to acknowledge and display the poppy.

Disgusting.

It's not true. It was all over Facebook last night apparently but he got sent home injured

"We must all strive to embody values, virtues and standards of excellence appropriate to the club setting. Ultimately, we

must actively pursue our goals, realising the importance of our own, and our fellow participant’s commitment to uphold ethical duties and social responsibilities to others."

That is quoted from the SFA Code of Conduct which, as can be clearly seen, refers to values, virtues, standards, ethical duties and social responsibilities.

So much for their 'Respect' campaign and how sad to know that they merely use empty words.

We would absolutely hold it if it was at Ibrox, but lets be honest they would never allow that to happen.

Tell me this though, what benefit would a ruined minute silence be for the fallen and our serviceman and woman? What would they gain from that except hurt and anger? It is about these people and these people only.

It would have served as a reminder to them that the people of this country will not be prevented from remembering the fallen due to the loutish and unacceptable behaviour of morons; reinforcing the fact that their attempts to intimidate or cause us to deviate from the norm has been unsuccessful - and always will be.

What do they gain from an observed one?

Even a disrupted one would probably be observed by a majority.