Ross County statement. RE: No minutes silence at yesterdays game.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure the referee would have been in contact with the club regarding a minutes silence, and has obviously been told that there wasn't going to be one.

Nobody will convince me a referee will not be in contact with the host club on match day regarding any issues like this.

Are they trying to get us to believe the referee forgot about it as we'll?

Total pish!!

I'm pretty sure the referee would have been in contact with the club regarding a minutes silence, and has obviously been told that there wasn't going to be one.

Nobody will convince me a referee will not be in contact with the host club on match day regarding any issues like this.

Are they trying to get us to believe the referee forgot about it as we'll?

Total pish!!

I was going to post something similar, you would like to think it's something the officials would be on top of, and probably were.

Lying bastards.

I am disgusted.

If it was not for the sacrifice of men from all walks of life, all colours and all religions there would not be any football matches for us to enjoy.

This makes me sick, pandering to terrorist loving scum!

If they love Ireland so much they should go and live there and let us support our troops!

Someone better tell them Christmas is coming up in case they "forget" about that as well!

Even if they did "forget" in the run up to the game, how long does it take to arrange a minutes silence? A quick tannoy announcement, a word with the players and the referee, and thats pretty much it.

I am disgusted.

If it was not for the sacrifice of men from all walks of life, all colours and all religions there would not be any football matches for us to enjoy.

This makes me sick, pandering to terrorist loving scum!

If they love Ireland so much they should go and live there and let us support our troops!

This.

I guess Thistle, Celtic, Ross County and St Johnstone will just have to live with themselves, the main thing for most is to observe the silence on the Sunday at 11 a.m. however what is disgusting beyond words is the incident in the Mallard Pub where Celtic fans knocked over a box of poppies, and scattered poppies in the urinals.

Delusional cheeky freedom fighting rhebels or just scum.

Everyone else is aware, that only 2 games out of the 6 played in SPFL had a minute silence right?

None was held at St Johnstone v Kilmarnock, Patrick Thistle v St Mirren, Hibernian vs Inverness and ofcourse the County game.

Quite embarrassing if you ask me.

That is absolutely shocking!

Everyone else is aware, that only 2 games out of the 6 played in SPFL had a minute silence right?

None was held at St Johnstone v Kilmarnock, Patrick Thistle v St Mirren, Hibernian vs Inverness and ofcourse the County game.

Quite embarrassing if you ask me.

Liewell's puppets. Horrible horrible country this place is becoming!

Hibs apparently had a feature about players who served in the wars in their matchday programme. Partick gave free tickets to troops. Bizarre that neither had a mintue silence. Given the fact Ross County were playing celtc, I wasn't totally surpised at their lack of a minute silence.

I think at least thistle and hibs done something to commemorate it and never hit out with the bullshit that they had forgot all about it

I read this at work today and it made my blood boil!

I've now sent a complaint email to several people at Ross County.

I would ask you to do the same. (tu)

george.adams@rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk

ranald.gilbert@rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk

lorna.ross@rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk

reay.ross@rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk

Subject: Complaint regarding your failure to commemorate the fallen - Response required

Email:

Dear Sirs,

I am extremely disappointed to read your statement regarding your club's recent failure to observe the two-minutes silence and pay due respect to this nation’s War Dead.

I find it impossible to believe that an organisation such as yours could possibly 'forget' to observe the silence. Given the inevitable publicity surrounding the event, and given your opponents that day, and the reputation that club and its supporters have for bespoiling remembrance events, it is inconceivable that the subject would not arise amongst your officials in the days preceding the event. It is also inconceivable that the referee on the day did not ask you what your intentions were before the teams took to the field.

It is perfectly obvious that the real reason for omitting the silence was simply your fear of the reaction from Celtic supporters, and your response to this 'threat' is both heinous and cowardly. I would also hate to think that you came under pressure in any way from any footballing authorities to avoid the commemoration, but it wouldn’t surprise me to find that this was the case.

Some misguided souls may consider it in some perverse way commendable that you omitted the silence in an attempt to avoid any adverse reaction from the visiting supporters which would reflect badly on the occasion.

However, I take the opposite view and find your actions simply cowardly and reprehensible. While people like you and your organisation continue to ignore the issue of the disrespect shown by Celtic supporters every year at this occasion, and instead allow the threat of their poor behaviour to influence how your club and supporters should act, then you do the memory of the fallen, and the principles they fought for, a great disservice.

You simply perpetuate the problem and your actions empower these 'supporters', encouraging them to believe that their attitude is acceptable to the general public, when it is far from so. I wonder how the good people of Dingwall feel, knowing that their club couldn’t even be bothered to show a little respect for just two minutes, and instead bent the knee to the whims of a foul, disrespectful minority.

I am very keen to hear the details of what action you intend to take to try to atone for your disrespectful inaction. Might I suggest that the only appropriate response would be for your club to make a significant charitable donation to both the Earl Haig Fund and the Erskine Veterans’ Homes. This would send as clear signal that you regret your actions, and that you do in fact respect this nation’s War Dead. I look forward to hearing the full details of your response.

I also look forward to your considered reply to my complaint - but if that reply is simply going to be a reiteration of the pretence that you simply 'forgot' that it was a Remembrance match then please don't insult my intelligence, your integrity, the good people of Dingwall, or the memory of our respected War Dead with such nonsense.

Yours respectfully (please note that word and feel free to look it up if required),

govanblue