UB graffiti

JimmyCR1

I think it's a cultural thing in the sense that one man's vandalism is another man's art. In Holland they have spray painted sheds/factories all along the rail tracks. The owners of these buildings actually pay decent 'artists' to 'do' their buildings for them, thus avoiding really messy work.

You get the same here, commissioned graffiti art but that's a million miles from "Dave woz ere" wee ned scrawlings

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The amount of greeting on this forum you would think Glasgow is Oxford :lol:

I know, thank god for the high-quality oxford hookers breaking up the graffiti strewn streets, god knows how stephen hawking got out of that place.

Perhaps some kind of rocket booster attachment?

I think it's a cultural thing in the sense that one man's vandalism is another man's art. In Holland they have spray painted sheds/factories all along the rail tracks. The owners of these buildings actually pay decent 'artists' to 'do' their buildings for them, thus avoiding really messy work.

If it was art then I wouldn't mind so much, but from what the OP has said it sounds like it is someone with no skil scrawled something on a wall.

I don't mind seeing the stickers every where as they are at least worth looking at, although would be good for them to mix the designs up a bit now and again.

Not sure if serious.

They need to concentrate on making the good atmosphere they do. They're football fans, nothing more, and I hope they don't start developing delusions of grandeur like the goon brigade. They try spray painting a wall near my bit and they'll get what's coming to them.

Will they aye?

If it was art then I wouldn't mind so much, but from what the OP has said it sounds like it is someone with no skil scrawled something on a wall.

I don't mind seeing the stickers every where as they are at least worth looking at, although would be good for them to mix the designs up a bit now and again.

it's true, I suppose the most of what the OP is taking about is just 'writing it large' type of spray painting, as it exists in Holland as well, that's why the owners what quality. But there is a tendancy in this country to see only the bad in everything. Banksie is a bit thing in the world, although I don't like most of his stuff personally but in my home town, in East Lothian they have murals all over. Previous to that there was a lot of spray painting around, and pretty ugly stuff at that, but folks shouldn't be hounded every time they do something bad, or wrong. Then the politicians wouldn't get away with half of what they do, but the fact is, they do and no so many people think that they should be 'hung' out to dry.

Right enough,it reeled you in :lol:

You seem easily amused. If laughing at your own unoriginal jokes keeps you entertained you should get one of these, it'll keep you occupied for a good few weeks. Definitely your kind of thing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYo5xYiyRuk

Enjoy!

You seem easily amused. If laughing at your own unoriginal jokes keeps you entertained you should get one of these, it'll keep you occupied for a good few weeks. Definitely your kind of thing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYo5xYiyRuk

Enjoy!

.Thanks for going to the trouble of linking that but sadly I didn't bother to watch. I'm just replying out of politeness.