Formation

gordon123

Why has Ally changed from a 4-2-3-1 formation which was both entertaining and suited the players at our disposal to a old fashioned 4-4-2 ? The entertainment level has dropped as has the goals,ok we are still winning but it is nowhere near as entertaining as earlier in the season. I would play Black and McLeod as the holding players and Little, Law and Temps as the 3 with Daly up front however we have others who fit this system such as Hutton and Perlatta as the holding Sheils,Clark,Mckay as the three and others such as Aird and Crawford can also adapt to this system, I thought Ally had cracked it earlier on in the season when he used this formation but for some reason he has went back to the 4-4-2, anyone else feel the same?

We've predominantly played a 4-1-3-2 so far and been much more in control of games and creating plenty chances. Don't know what you've been watching.

Also any time Ally played 2 holding CM last season he got pelters. But he gets pelters whatever formation he picks.

We've predominantly played a 4-1-3-2 so far and been much more in control of games and creating plenty chances. Don't know what you've been watching.

Also any time Ally played 2 holding CM last season he got pelters. But he gets pelters whatever formation he picks.

(tu)

You're not allowed to criticise McCoist on here, the usual delusional crew will be out to tell you your wrong, without actually backing it up. (tu)

Constructive criticism is good no matter what field you are in.

Standing in the shadows sharpening knives to plunge in the back of someone at every opportunity is not.

You're not allowed to criticise McCoist on here, the usual delusional crew will be out to tell you your wrong, without actually backing it up. (tu)

16 wins in a row and you want ally sacked, you have no clue, and see if you are gonna say come say that to me to my face, just grow up right now.

16 wins in a row and you want ally sacked, you have no clue, and see if you are gonna say come say that to me to my face, just grow up right now.

Who cares about the 16 wins in a row we're fucken Rangers and we're playing against factory workers and fucken gas engineers every week. We should be winning every game.

Who cares about the 16 wins in a row we're fucken Rangers and we're playing against factory workers and fucken gas engineers every week. We should be winning every game.

We are playing gas engineers every week? No wonder I can't get one when the boiler goes on the blink. doh

This (tu)

Many have backed up why Ally is the correct man - you just can't accept it and think by multiple posts you can make it look like many support your untenable view !

We are playing gas engineers every week? No wonder I can't get one when the boiler goes on the blink. doh

Should PM me I'll make sure I phone tae cancel you at the end of the night. :lol:

Forfar players a gas engineer in Edinburgh.

I find that Ally's team formation is always under scrutiny by the keyboard manager. I do take your point but as I said many Rangers fans have an opinion on what formation he should'could use. It is at least a normal football thread discussing tactics which used to be the favoured conversation of fans. Goat away and stop hi-jacking other peoples sensible threads with your own anti-ally agenda

I find that Ally's team formation is always under scrutiny by the keyboard manager. I do take your point but as I said many Rangers fans have an opinion on what formation he should'could use. It is at least a normal football thread discussing tactics which used to be the favoured conversation of fans. Goat away and stop hi-jacking other peoples sensible threads with your own anti-ally agenda

Naw.

the 4-2-3-1 formation is not in the least defensive in fact with the right players played in the correct position it is a very attacking formation this is the way ahead, look at Bayern Munich last season and how they destroyed the Barca team !! playing with two holding players who can both win the ball back and pick a forward pass and 3 attacking players supporting the main striker and also giving the side width on both flanks, and press the opponents high up the park when they have the ball, I feel we have the players for this and it worked a treat when Ally used it earlier on in the season , I am amazed that some on here think we are still playing that way....a blind man can see we have reverted to a 4-4-2 !!! which is fine as long as we don't put square pegs in round holes akka Perlatta wide right !

We need more width.

Lets say we had Shiels on the left and Temps on the right and both playing well up the park supported by two roving fullbacks and two central midfielders who could play box to box so we could then feed to strikers from this formation. It would probably work.

Its possible playing Black, Law, MacLeod and Peralta in the same midfield is handicapping us and we actually need two from the four or three of the four and drop a striker to the bench. Either way we still need width.

We need more width.

Lets say we had Shiels on the left and Temps on the right and both playing well up the park supported by two roving fullbacks and two central midfielders who could play box to box so we could then feed to strikers from this formation. It would probably work.

Its possible playing Black, Law, MacLeod and Peralta in the same midfield is handicapping us and we actually need two from the four or three of the four and drop a striker to the bench. Either way we still need width.

I think we should stick to the 4-1-3-2; its a good formation that allowes for some good football (a lot of the time) and still keeping two strikers on the pitch. This formation is also the one that has brought the best out of Black.