*** Official 2013/4 Winter Ashes Thread ***

Creampuff

Yes. If the game was to be saved, however unlikely, then risk/reward needed to dominate shot selection. The hook just wasn't the shot to be playing in the circumstances.

The hook should should never be played regularly. If I was bowling I wouldn't mind batsmen making it. Even if they find the ropes 5 or 6 times before the edge one, my figures would still be what? 24-1?

The hook should should never be played regularly. If I was bowling I wouldn't mind batsmen making it. Even if they find the ropes 5 or 6 times before the edge one, my figures would still be what? 24-1?

Exactly. By all means pull, but if you can't be sure of getting over the ball and keeping it down, drop on your haunches and leave it the fuck alone.

A lesson needs to be learned from this, as if they couldn't control the ball on a slow Adelaide strip there's no fucking chance at the waca.

Exactly. By all means pull, but if you can't be sure of getting over the ball and keeping it down, drop on your haunches and leave it the fuck alone.

A lesson needs to be learned from this, as if they couldn't control the ball on a slow Adelaide strip there's no fucking chance at the waca.

The other thing is, especially with the Broad dismissal, they decide to play the pull early, then the bounce gets too high on them. At that point you HAVE to pull out of the shot. They just kept swinging anyway :lol:.

I wonder if Australia will go unchanged at the WACA. There's a pretty big gap between this test and the 4th, so if Ryan Harris plays here there's a good chance he'll play the full series. Barring injury, I don't think James Pattinson or Mitchell Starc will return in this series.