*** Official 2013/4 Winter Ashes Thread ***

Creampuff

England really need Ian Bell to "Do An Ian Bell", here.

He's the most likely batsman in world cricket to do it! I sense Prior's innings could be vital, too. Hopefuly the runs he got in the 2nd innings at Adelaide will do him the world of good and he can recapture some of his destructive form

Indeed. It's a good job from England's point of view he doesn't have the ability to turn it both ways, like Ajmal or Narine for example.

Lyon has never been one to send the rev-o-meter out of this world, but it hasn't stopped him being comfortably the most effective spinner this series.

Shane Warne would have destroyed this England side on this wicket.

Probably Anderson. I hate the night watchman. Such a negative tactic.

Never understood it.

The logic is "this is a very awkward time to bat. Send out the player least qualified to perform it!". It also tends to mean a batsmen higher up the order runs out of partners later on in the innings.

Usually gifts a wicket the next morning as well. Plus, what if your night watchman falls before close? Do you send out another bowler? :lol:.

Never understood it.

The logic is "this is a very awkward time to bat. Send out the player least qualified to perform it!". It also tends to mean a batsmen higher up the order runs out of partners later on in the innings.

Usually gifts a wicket the next morning as well. Plus, what if your night watchman falls before close? Do you send out another bowler? :lol:.

Exactly.

On the Root dismissal; I'd say Third Umpire was right to call it out. The question asked on review is "is there sufficient evidence to overturn my decision?". For me there wasn't, and the Umpire's decision on field should stand, regardless of what it was. If he'd have given not out, the evidence would have backed him.

On the Root dismissal; I'd say Third Umpire was right to call it out. The question asked on review is "is there sufficient evidence to overturn my decision?". For me there wasn't, and the Umpire's decision on field should stand, regardless of what it was. If he'd have given not out, the evidence would have backed him.

How is there ever going to be sufficient evidence to overturn a nick behind being given?