responsilities of our 'coaching staff'

bluesbro1976

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah the Bears Den

Overly negative and somewhat unsubstantiated comments about the club are met by posters on the defensive, who somewhat neglect the probable negatives as they feel the negativity is over the top. I've seen this movie before, or, at least, my friend's, cousin's, next door neighbour, who's wife's uncle's pal who was wrongfully dismissed from his job of watering the plants at Auchenhowie, has.

As per, there is the hysterical reactions on either side, when, the reality is more than likely somewhere in the middle. Without having seen us train, i'm confident that our coaching methods aren't exactly cutting edge, or particularly wonderful in any way (even defenders of the club on this topic would probably admit as much, if they weren't on the defensive from the OTT criticism); However, i'm also sure that our methods aren't absolutely dreadful or 'prehistoric' - i think there is an issue of people assuming a club of our size should be ahead of the game, with better coaching and better methods than others - that is a very valid point, if it is made. However, I don't think our coaching standards are any worse than most Scottish sides - I realise that isn't saying a lot but at the end of the day, that's where we are right now.

So, yea, as I said, we're somewhere in the middle. Vague stories about players leaving mid-morning, players criticising training etc always bore the tits off of me because they are based on absolutely no knowledge of the situation whatsoever and are always sensationalised. If a single player leaves training at 11am and all the rest leave at 2pm, which story do you think gets told. Ditto with players talking about our training