2100 Rangers fans paying £10 each

1st_Jan_1994

A mate of mine has mentioned this on FollowFollow already (I can hear you's gasping as I type but he posts more to do with match tickets than anything else) I said I try and gauge any interest on here ....

Sounding out interest just now to see if it's a good idea (or not) - 2100 Rangers fans all donating £10 each and paying Ajax's £21,000 fine for the "Fenian Bastards" banner.

There's a couple of clubs (so far as we speak) willing to put their name to it.

Now before any smartarse says it ;

1- We are well aware Ajax can afford £21,000 themselfs.

2- There probably are better things to do with £21,000 than to pay another teams fine.

3- Technically it's nothing to do with us.

Now that that's covered ...

Yes or no - good idea?

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was thinking about this myself 1stJan, but any connection/connotaion to us regarding this just throws us into the mix regarding something we ourselves have been sanctioned for....FARE got our away fans banned in Malmo.

So although a great thought, we should steer well clear, otherwise we will end up being accused of endorsing the banner.

Was thinking about this myself 1stJan, but any connection/connotaion to us regarding this just throws us into the mix regarding something we ourselves have been sanctioned for....FARE got our away fans banned in Malmo.

So although a great thought, we should steer well clear, otherwise we will end up being accused of endorsing the banner.

It won't have any official connection to the club ... no one could do anything.

If people are willing to pay fines. Why not get lifted at a game under the new legislation, go to court, tear it to pieces and get us our songbook back then we can all chip in for the legal fees etc,.

I'm not against something like that tbh it's a good idea.

I'm not trying to be some sort of pioneer just said I'd sound this forum out to see if anyone would be interested in the OP .... knew it would get a mixed reaction anyway :lol:

As much as I would love to see the Press in this country go into meltdown over this, if I'm perfectly honest I'd prefer to donate cash to help some deserving 'Gers fan have a day out or a better quality of life etc. I work too hard to give it up for anything related to them .

However, the fact this has made the message boards probably already has some member of the Great Unwashed writhing in fury on his piss stained mattress and screaming for blood! And that always makes me smile! :D

Remember when Celtic fans were talking about sponsoring raith players and attending games of teams who voted against us....remember how pathetic and obsessed that seemed? Well this is along the same lines mate....by all means do everything to highlight the media blackouts on their behaviour and the hypocrisy of how they are treated but this just seems petty and pointless!

So 2100 Rangers fans put a tenner in and pay the fine, with the rest of the thousands of fans suffering by association?

Pathetic idea.

We may have all had a chuckle and a laugh at the banner - myself included - but to go all out and associate our club with this, when we have already been through the mire, is just people looking for negative attention.

Why can you not think about the club for a change instead of getting one over on those twats across the river?

Remember when Celtic fans were talking about sponsoring raith players and attending games of teams who voted against us....remember how pathetic and obsessed that seemed? Well this is along the same lines mate....by all means do everything to highlight the media blackouts on their behaviour and the hypocrisy of how they are treated but this just seems petty and pointless!

It's nothing to do with me or my idea .... personally I think it's a good idea for the outrage effect, but too big and ambitious ... I'm only asking what people on here think ....as usual the bleeding heart brigade posting like you've burnt their house down

So 2100 Rangers fans put a tenner in and pay the fine, with the rest of the thousands of fans suffering by association?

Pathetic idea.

We may have all had a chuckle and a laugh at the banner - myself included - but to go all out and associate our club with this, when we have already been through the mire, is just people looking for negative attention.

Why can you not think about the club for a change instead of getting one over on those twats across the river?

OK I'll put you down for a tenner