Quintessential British club - in an independent Scotland?

Paul Ignotus

DEFINE ME ADD ON I cannot see it been an issue take that famous British Empire club 1888 founded in Scotland, has always been based in Scotland, became an irish club when a state across the sea became a nation in its own right, adopted/stole their flag 1922, became the first British club to win the European cup 1967 ( never having stopped harping on about it since) and now their main man runs the corrupt cabal. Based on that independence would not be an issue we would just develop identity and multiple personalities like the bheasts from the east

Should that not be infamous?;-)

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well unless you have a big steel saw that would split Britain at Hadrains wall and a big blow fan to push Scotland 200 miles north then we would stop being British, we live in the British isles,we will always be British. or we could just go out and vote NO, unionists outweigh nationalists by about 3/1, my only fear is ppl wont vote and just think we'll be fine............ I was born under a Union Jack!!!!

In addition to which, the Scottish Nasty Party ethos of the 1970's still remains.

"Home Rule is Rome Rule!"

Many have not forgotten some of Soapy's previous photo shoots.

hte1iu.jpg

Thanks for that CB. I for one have NEVER forgotten just how slimy and sleekit the pie man has behaved in his courting of the papish vote. He and his merry band cannot and should not be trusted. Vote NO. To a Scottish Rhepublic.

Agreed

I'll be voting

Just to be clear, I hope everyone votes, regardless if they're right (like me) or wrong (like you) :P

I also hope that whichever side loses accepts that loss and retires gracefully. I sincerely hope a No vote wins, but if the majority of Scots want independence we should accept that and move on (or move out!).

In addition to which, the Scottish Nasty Party ethos of the 1970's still remains.

"Home Rule is Rome Rule!"

Many have not forgotten some of Soapy's previous photo shoots.

hte1iu.jpg

Ye canny make shit like that up !!! I mean if that was anybody else in Politics they would have been shown the door

It's a hard one to guess at, I think if Independence does happen then give it 2 or 3 generations and the hard line Unionist stance of our support would be diluted to the point of almost non-existence. That's only a guess though, it's an interesting hypothetical question.

It really would make this forum a much better place if BP9 was banned, permanently.

Whilst I agree that the opinions expressed by BP9 on here are often ill conceived and flawed to say the least, if we ban posters because their opinions differ from our own, then we are no better than "The East End Fascists".

Rather than deny them their right to freedom of expression, we should be doing all we can to change their opinions by educated and informed persuasion.

IMO independence will go through, the fact there are so many who vote SNP in this country and so little who vote for other parties will see to that. I also believe that in terms of fans being drawn to a club as opposed to supporting them because their father did etc, you will find that there is a decline as we will be identified as outcasts by others who are new to football without knowledge or being swayed from their families club - a british club in Scotland. It's a role reversal of how we view the scum as an irish club in Scotland. Will never stop me supporting my club but i'm prepared for more of a backlash against our fans than what we are seeing now should independence go through.

IMO independence will go through, the fact there are so many who vote SNP in this country and so little who vote for other parties will see to that. I also believe that in terms of fans being drawn to a club as opposed to supporting them because their father did etc, you will find that there is a decline as we will be identified as outcasts by others who are new to football without knowledge or being swayed from their families club - a british club in Scotland. It's a role reversal of how we view the scum as an irish club in Scotland. Will never stop me supporting my club but i'm prepared for more of a backlash against our fans than what we are seeing now should independence go through.

Not everyone voting for the SNP will vote for independence, they're seen as the only alternative in Scotland to Labour rightly or wrongly. The Tories are the anti-christ in Scotland and any chance the Lib Dems had went with the coalition.

Whilst I agree that the opinions expressed by BP9 on here are often ill conceived and flawed to say the least, if we ban posters because their opinions differ from our own, then we are no better than "The East End Fascists".

Rather than deny them their right to freedom of expression, we should be doing all we can to change their opinions by educated and informed persuasion.

The guy sets out to annoy and troll people by constantly saying the same thing, more than just having a differing opinion. He's made it clear 100 times about how he doesn't like any of the other elements to supporting Rangers so why does he need to keep coming into threads like this?

snapback.pngWillemBear, on 13 November 2013 - 12:14 PM, said:

Rather than deny them their right to freedom of expression, we should be doing all we can to change their opinions by educated and informed persuasion. Or we could just go round there and break his legs... :party:

The guy sets out to annoy and troll people by constantly saying the same thing, more than just having a differing opinion. He's made it clear 100 times about how he doesn't like any of the other elements to supporting Rangers so why does he need to keep coming into threads like this?

Fixed that for you. :uk:

Not everyone voting for the SNP will vote for independence, they're seen as the only alternative in Scotland to Labour rightly or wrongly. The Tories are the anti-christ in Scotland and any chance the Lib Dems had went with the coalition.

Kenny MacAskill's brother will probably vote yes . . . Allan is a lobbyist for the energy industry . . . he has contacts with Spanish energy company Repsol . . . Who have a presence in Libya . . . And Kenny released Al Megrahi . . . a Libyan . . . Oh, and what about that wind farm that they're trying to build offshore near to Trump's pitch'n'putt . . . rotten to the core