Quintessential British club - in an independent Scotland?

Paul Ignotus

Whilst I agree that the opinions expressed by BP9 on here are often ill conceived and flawed to say the least, if we ban posters because their opinions differ from our own, then we are no better than "The East End Fascists".

Rather than deny them their right to freedom of exp<b></b>ression, we should be doing all we can to change their opinions by educated and informed persuasion.

Firstly, banned from here, he would still be free to express himself, so that's shite.

Secondly nobody said he should be banned because of his opinions. Plenty of posters hold similar opinions and are not detested the way he is.

Your post is flawed and ill conceived.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly, banned from here, he would still be free to express himself, so that's shite.

Secondly nobody said he should be banned because of his opinions. Plenty of posters hold similar opinions and are not detested the way he is.

Your post is flawed and ill conceived.

...and you're a COCK !!

The regeneration of that shit hole is well underway, and is starting to put ibrox in the shade( stadium aside) the area around the peadodome has gone from one of the most dated and disgusting to something that tells you moneys been spent!! I work for a construction co who put in their bid for the work around the area and have the plans. I don't think we are going to like what's coming. Trust me when I say there is an overspend coming, and it won't be from their boardroom it will be from our pockets which makes it all the more sickening. Welcome to Salmonds new Scotland

Makes my blood boil mate,questions NEED TO BE ASKED.???

Just to be clear, I hope everyone votes, regardless if they're right (like me) or wrong (like you) :P

I also hope that whichever side loses accepts that loss and retires gracefully. I sincerely hope a No vote wins, but if the majority of Scots want independence we should accept that and move on (or move out!).

... see - again we agree! apart from the bit about whom is right! (obviously :pipe:)

Do you have to be so offensive to our Protestant friends on this forum?

I could have said people who follow organised religion of any sort are brain washed sheep, that lack the intellectual capacity to think for themselves, and are being crasslessly and remorsessly led by others for others gain. In particular I could have said people who believe in an omni-potent force controlling every facet of our life live in cloud cukoo land. Further I could have said that I find it highly hypocratic people who profess to be christians, which I believe is meant to be a religion of love, forgivness and tolerance can spend so much time hating other christians. Instead I was nice and respectful and said its all just a bit silly!

Of course I do - I am a confident chap, with belief in the strength of the Scots nation - what's not to believe about it?

Well I could go through all the political arguments relating to economics, defence, employment etc or the historic route in relation to the identity of many British scots....I could also go down the route of explaining how it would negatively impact our club and fanbase but I get the impression as usual you just want to seek confrontation and arguments here so il give it a miss this time and hope for our sake you are a minority come September 14th....

Verification of this please, facts, not conjecture.

Facts are measurable - so it's all conjecture until it happens. Its like any change, you can do your best to plan and implement the change, but no matter how much you plan until you make the change you can't actually measure the outcome. You can try to predict (conjecture) but you can only prove once the change happens. I predict we will o well.

Well I could go through all the political arguments relating to economics, defence, employment etc or the historic route in relation to the identity of many British scots....I could also go down the route of explaining how it would negatively impact our club and fanbase but I get the impression as usual you just want to seek confrontation and arguments here so il give it a miss this time and hope for our sake you are a minority come September 14th....

Bottle merchant! :pipe:

But I am sure this topic will come up a few times before the vote so you might get the courage to have the debate before then. I'll look forward to putting up my contra arguments.

To be honest, for all I regard myself as British, that's not really a huge part of my identity as a Rangers fan. I'd be disappointed about us being independent but it wouldn't change much in regards to my supporting of Rangers. I wouldn't lose my British identity in my eyes anyway.

Of course I do - I am a confident chap, with belief in the strength of the Scots nation - what's not to believe about it?

Like the last time we were independent,the country became bankrupt,There is also a small matter of defence or do you think like Ireland we should cop out and become nuetral.

Like the last time we were independent,the country became bankrupt,There is also a small matter of defence or do you think like Ireland we should cop out and become nuetral.

306 years we 'may' have learnt somethings and the uk isn't exactly financially stable - on defence I would not be surprised if there is some sort of defence arrangement with the rest of the uk - like NATO but smaller - after all we have always had great fighters, and innovation but even without a defence arrangement we'd be fine - we will have be a nuclear power after all ! :pipe:

Silly question perhaps but would the Queen still be the queen of Scotland as she is now?

Would we not just be part of the commonwealth but still independant?

Bit cheeky of Salmond to host the commonwealth games, fill the bheasts pockets with the regeneration of that shitehole and then fuck off

Independace,pffff what a cheeky wee fat bastard

Biting the hand that made this country what it is today, a unionised Island that is the UK

We benefit from them like they benefit from us

I'd imagine the Union Jack would still fly high just like they fly the tri colour in support for our Jon

Initially yes, just like the Irish Free State was. However there are quite a lot of republicans in the SNP ranks, and they will want to change that.

306 years we 'may' have learnt somethings and the uk isn't exactly financially stable - on defence I would not be surprised if there is some sort of defence arrangement with the rest of the uk - like NATO but smaller - after all we have always had great fighters, and innovation but even without a defence arrangement we'd be fine - we will have be a nuclear power after all ! :pipe:

I thought the nationalists wanted to phase out the nuclear bases?