What is the best atmosphere

topgoalie

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not intimidating but Sheffield Wed atmosphere in the summer is hard to beat in 20 years of going to Rangers games home and away

Hostile maybe Easter Road midweek game 2002-2003 season we won 2-0 was nasty that night

Was that the League Cup game, when Lovenkrands scored? The game where we beat them in 2004/05 season and Prso scored a penalty was alright aswell. The Prso penalties on youtube, cracking video.

Was that the League Cup game, when Lovenkrands scored? The game where we beat them in 2004/05 season and Prso scored a penalty was alright aswell. The Prso penalties on youtube, cracking video.

No it was the league Ferguson and Cannigia scored late goals

What is the best and most intimated atmosphere you have encountered following the Gers outside the old firm games.

Personally I think the first game in the Souness era in our league campaign takes some beating.Away at Easter Road ,with Everyone booked but Rough,and Souness sent off,the atmosphere was electric,then we had our title win at Pittodrie,to finish the season.They are my picks.....

Was at both the games you mention. Could only get tickets for Hibs end for Sounesses first game. We soon got rumbled but thankfully stewards let us out to march round to Rangers end as game kicked off. Just as well there were fences round the park as the Hibs fans where going mental throwing coins and spitting as we marched past giving it plenty back.Winning the league at pittodrie was a special day but I dont think there was as much animosity between us and them until the Durrant incident a couple of years later.

Novo got sent off that day didn't he?

Aye he kicked at a hibs player and Caldwell got sent off for bringing Namouchi down for our penalty. We missed a penalty late on aswell. Hibs were all over us that day and hit the post a few times if memory serves me right.

Novo got sent off that day didn't he?

Aye he kicked at a hibs player and Caldwell got sent off for bringing Namouchi down for our penalty. We missed a penalty late on aswell. Hibs were all over us that day and hit the post a few times if memory serves me right.

Bohemians in Dublin mid 70s far and away the worst, it was sheer hatred not just at the game but on the journey to and from the match, never been so frightened in my life

Yep, that's right up there with Rotterdam.

On the way home there were petrol bombs flying through broken windows on one side of our bus and flying straight out the other side because that window was broken too. And I'm not kidding!

Any bear at that game will know exactly what you're talking about.

That was f...n scary!

Driving through Rotterdam city centre and they're trying to jump onto the buses. :lol: i just stood there with my Ajax scarf at the window. :lol:

One tried to drag our driver out the window. Crazy bastards. :lol:

Of all the matches and there have been many over the years for me nothing will ever compare to the 1972 semi versus Bayern at Ibrox. That was the most incredible atmosphere I ever remember at Ibrox.

Feyenoord fukkin animals, wonder if they would have been as brave had the numbers been even? I think not.

Back in the day when Bears made up most of the Scotland support the atmosphere at Wembley the year we stole the pitch was brilliant.

Bohemians in Dublin mid 70s far and away the worst, it was sheer hatred not just at the game but on the journey to and from the match, never been so frightened in my life

Was at the one in 80s and that was ' different ' . From the moment we got to the outskirts of Dublin to when we reached Larne was an unreal experience. We had cunts spitting at us, spitting on bus windows, gesticulating at us , blessing themselves in front of us , battering us as we got on the buses - and that was just the guarda !

Was at the one in 80s and that was ' different ' . From the moment we got to the outskirts of Dublin to when we reached Larne was an unreal experience. We had cunts spitting at us, spitting on bus windows, gesticulating at us , blessing themselves in front of us , battering us as we got on the buses - and that was just the guarda !

royston is mental mate

Only 26 so not many distant memories but for me, the streets of Manchester was unbelievable, 100,000+ in the streets, 90% out there mind, the songs and the dancing is something I will remember forever, a win that night would of been the icing on the cake.

Sheffield pre-season was an incredible night too, what a turn out and what an atmosphere for a pre season friendly. Ive never witnessed anything like that from away support before.

The other game that I remember was Walters last, helicopter sunday at Kilmarnock couple of years back. Sat in the Killie end trying to work out who the Rangers fans were, after 47 seconds I soon knew. The stadium was on its feet, Rangers filled every stand. What a party, on the 7th minute Lafferty finished the game off and we could relax, the league was won, the helicopter was on route. Unbelievable. I got ripped off by a Killie fan for tickets, paid £150 for mine, but was worth every single penny.