Superb article from |Tom English

D'Artagnan

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unbecoming and untenable with his position at the SFA.

As Rapid highllghts this is which requires responsibility and impartiality. That childish "quip" demonstrates neither.

Its impossible to be impartial while on specific club duty though, if he was impartial then he wouldn't be doing his real job (and lets remember the Tim job is just that) to the best of his abilities.

I don't want him on the gaming board because he'll be privy to information on our club but with his contacts and promise of getting the tims on board with every decision then I've no doubt the suits will consider him the best man for the job.

There wont be an apology, the SPFL might release a statement saying something along the lines that views of individual members are not representitive of the organisation

One small aspect that annoyed me though. Why doesn't English say "they are correct" rather than "you can see their point of view"? The tone of the article suggests that is what he feels but clearly he lacks the balls to say it outright. Still a scumbag in my opinion.

I was an avid reader of 'The Scotsman' until a few years ago where I stopped reading it completely due to the shocking anti-Rangers bias mainly promoted by two of its "journalists", Gibbons and English.

Anybody who thinks English has suddenly recognised the error of his ways and now will print facts instead of downright slanderous lies about our club is seriously deluded.

Of course he is right in what he has said about Liewell, but that doesn't mean he suddenly has found ethics and morals hidden in his wardrobe.

A leopard doesn't change its spots and football writers in Scotland don't suddenly grow a backbone. They remind me of yellow back prawns......full of shit from head to tail and spineless.

One small aspect that annoyed me though. Why doesn't English say "they are correct" rather than "you can see their point of view"? The tone of the article suggests that is what he feels but clearly he lacks the balls to say it outright. Still a scumbag in my opinion.

Whether English or anyone else in his position believe Rangers are a new club or not will never publicly state it, its career suicide, Scottish Football is about two tribes, as much as we all want tp stand alone its all about us and them, the majority of their fans arw bored rigid domestically and there can't be many bluenoses that cant wait to get back on top either, if the journalista who believe the myth that this is a new club actively wrote about it they would do themselves out of a job, its about us and its about them, the whole 'too & fro' keeps them working.

If any have the same views they'll write about it vicariously through the likes of Lawwell, it all just adds to the drama and gives them an angle for another fortnight's work on radio and in future columns

terrible article. The assertion being old firm are at it again. This is the usual behavior from both sides. Once again celtic embarrass themselves, somehow that tars our club and support. There is no symmetry between the clubs, their mistakes do not reflect on our fans or our staff and vice versa. Sick to death of this constant media perception of our fans and theirs being two sides of the same coin. Our behavior is in no way comparable to theirs. They pander to bigots we abhor bigots.

Why cant you just write an article about offical comments from celtic and a sfa member once again being unneccessery, unprovoked and in poor taste full stop, instead of trying to frame it in some continuation of behavior between the old firm ?

English might be trying to placate the Rangers support by this article, and if I didn't know it was him that wrote it, I'd say it was just about not bad. But on careful reading, he has to add his little 'Englisnesses' into his writing, like adding in brackets(and vice versa). There's a few more wee tags to future get out clauses in there, but the mans a cunt and he should just go home again as he's said, from his own lips in the past that he doesn't know anything about the Rangers/septic divide, because he's Irish!!!!

surprised you haven't found a way of turning it into an Ally-Must-Go thread

Obviously gets your back up. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but since you mentioned it, Ally doesn't need to go...........on second thoughts if I comment you will have just turned I into a thread about Ally.

English never prints the facts, they get in the way of a good story. Good in his opinion!

He's just been away on a junket with Fat Salmond so his position is safe

This, you can just imagine the fat slug saying yes peter, you're right peter, what other damage can we do now peter ? What's our next move peter, is your boaby needing sucked more peter ? And as for this article, jesuit jhournalism, playing up to those that are gullable enough, keeping your enemy closer ! (tu);):sherlock:

Far from superb article I would say D'Art. He can't help but trying to tar us with the same tainted brush. We as a Club/institution are not obsessed by them as they are with us.

Very true....despite the story being about the conduct of Celtic football club and the comments of their CEO who also has a large role withing the SFA he can't help but make insinuations and digs against us.....it's a sad state of affairs that things have gotten so bad in our PR and with the standard if journalism in this country that this is seen as a 'superb article'....

surprised you haven't found a way of turning it into an Ally-Must-Go thread

Who even mentioned McCoist? The fact you've got to have a dig at me in this thread explains fucking volumes about you, now fucking do one.