Mr Struth's comments about International 'weeks'

delamonty

Like the team that played vs Forfar in the League Cup. They should have been more than good enough to win. They didn't. Why should we go into any match with players unavailable without being injured or suspended when we have the option to rearrange it?

Erm for all the reasons I gave you in my previous post!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No dude, do you in ur heart of hearts think they have been showing enough at domestic level to be included in an international squad. I don't think so. Shiels has hardly kicked a ball, black has done ok'ish, and mckay is so far outta the frame. I did ask you or did I not for those you thought would have a realistic chance of being called up. C'mon mate, in all honesty, we have a squad that should be able to get a sorta result. Its mccoist doing what smith done for years. Saving face. His own personal record. I remember we got humped home and away off juve in 94/95. I said from that day you actually seen on the field that smith0 changed his whole footballing ethos. I will never be done like that again. Hence the defensive outlook. Mccoist as his understudy has learned from the 'master' and continues with the ethos. He does not want to not win the league by highest0 margin, undeafeated. Not losing a point. So for me he is egotistical in his approach and one that will be his failing asa a manager

Shiels was in the a back upfor the NI squad last time around so in the only persons opinion who matters (the NI manager) hhe has done enough at domestic level.

There are several playes in the Scottish 21s and 19s who have barely kicked a ball at first team level, however they regularly perform at u20 level (ringing any bells here?) Infact there is one from our club who fits that very criteria. So if Aird can get called in why cant McKay?

Another argument is, I'm a season ticket holder in the highlands of Scotland who craves matches on a Saturday. The game has been postponed to a Tuesday night, I have school/work and so does everyone I go down with. I'm sure that ;

Bell

Faure

Cribari

Moshni

Smith

Hutton

Law

Templeton

Jig

Daly

Clark

Can beat someone like Forfar? But at the end of the day you have to go with the choice made by the club.

Look, we don't have a full squad to choose from, so McCoist was right to postpone it.

You can't even compare the situations either. McCoist is managing in the lower leagues, Struth was the manager of arguably the biggest club in Britain and one of the top clubs in world football at the time.

He's not comparing them. He is saying that if struth could do it, why the fuck can't ally who is managing in the Lower leagues ffs

Another argument is, I'm a season ticket holder in the highlands of Scotland who craves matches on a Saturday. The game has been postponed to a Tuesday night, I have school/work and so does everyone I go down with. I'm sure that ;

Bell

Faure

Cribari

Moshni

Smith

Hutton

Law

Templeton

Jig

Daly

Clark

Can beat someone like Forfar? But at the end of the day you have to go with the choice made by the club.

International matches have always seen our league games postponed throughout our history, so you should be used to it.

Why do you need to make this about ally as per usual?

:lol: you are either at it or aren't the brightest if you seriously think there is a comparison to be made from playing a European game, quickly followed by a pressure top flight game in a title race against full time opposition to playing against part time opposition with a squad that on paper at least should've finishing 2nd in the top flight comfortably!

pressure top flight game. Fucking gies piece. High pressure SPL games versus the likes of Ross County and St. Mirren. The games are that high pressure I can count on one hand how many times we haven't finished in the top 2 in my lifetime and I'm almost 30.

Because we don't have a full fucken squad to choose from. How many times.

....and neither did struth who went ahead regardless and as you say had arguably the biggest club in British football.

What's the point of having a big squad if you need to postpone matches when 3 of them are out?

Sportingintegrity, don't sit there and tell me you think shiels who has done fuck all since..... Mm god, eh a cracking strike against clyde last season has done anything to justify his inclusion in an international0 set up. Black, well there are other players playing in a better league that will be picked ahead of him. Simple

Internationists in my opinion, should be playing at the top of their domestic league, playing week in and out and furthermore, playing well. I don't think they have been playing anywhere good enough to suggest theier inclusion in an international squad is a certainty. Tbh if at all

Sportingintegrity, don't sit there and tell me you think shiels who has done fuck all since..... Mm god, eh a cracking strike against clyde last season has done anything to justify his inclusion in an international0 set up. Black, well there are other players playing in a better league that will be picked ahead of him. Simple

Internationists in my opinion, should be playing at the top of their domestic league, playing week in and out and furthermore, playing well. I don't think they have been playing anywhere good enough to suggest theier inclusion in an international squad is a certainty. Tbh if at all

Its really not hard to grasp at all. The Northern Irish Manager (the only person whos opinion counts on if Shiels has done enough) named him as a reserve for his last squad despite shiels not having played much at all.

....and neither did struth who went ahead regardless and as you say had arguably the biggest club in British football.

What's the point of having a big squad if you need to postpone matches when 3 of them are out?

We don't get to postpone matches because three players are out, which happens regularly.

Only if they are on international duty, where we take advantage of the rule to postpone games.

Then whine like wee lassies on the Internet about it.

pressure top flight game. Fucking gies piece. High pressure SPL games versus the likes of Ross County and St. Mirren. The games are that high pressure I can count on one hand how many times we haven't finished in the top 2 in my lifetime and I'm almost 30.

:lol: again I have to seriously question your intelligence here! The pressure comes from the title race not nesecarily the individual games (albeit the standard is certainly higher than what we are currently facing).....when competing with Celtic any dropped points is a mini disaster whereas in this league we could lose 10 games and we would still win the league....you are actually diluting any point you may of had with these ridiculous comparisons....

Bell

Faure

Cribari

Moshni

Smith

Hutton

Law

Templeton

Jig

Daly

Clark

Games being postponed on international dates is hardly a new phenomenon. And interestingly I noticed that the re arranged dunfermline match had an attendance in line with those games we've played on a Saturday.

So basically the notion that 'We're Rangers, we just need to turn up and we win'.

BP9 is that you? Seriously mate do you just read what you want and set out to form an opinion based on that? Go back and read the reasons I gave, not once did I make assumptions about our right to win!

:lol: again I have to seriously question your intelligence here! The pressure comes from the title race not nesecarily the individual games (albeit the standard is certainly higher than what we are currently facing).....when competing with Celtic any dropped points is a mini disaster whereas in this league we could lose 10 games and we would still win the league....you are actually diluting any point you may of had with these ridiculous comparisons....

Yeah beacuse dropping points in the lower leagues has generally resulted in everyone shrugging it off and not bothering about it :D

Some seasons dropped points made a difference, but there were plenty others when we won the 'high pressure' SPL by anything from 10-21 points. Now thats pressure.

Shiels was in the a back upfor the NI squad last time around so in the only persons opinion who matters (the NI manager) hhe has done enough at domestic level.

There are several playes in the Scottish 21s and 19s who have barely kicked a ball at first team level, however they regularly perform at u20 level (ringing any bells here?) Infact there is one from our club who fits that very criteria. So if Aird can get called in why cant McKay?

Are you shiels agent cos ffs you certainly are pushing his name forward. You wanna get his name Up in light0 for xmas or sumin?

I know as a good footballer in my time, if you are playing opponenets who are less skillful and less intellegent than you then you stamp your authority on games. So why does black, shiels et al not do the same. Cos they0 are cozy. Being paid abt six grand a week and they could not beat a fucking drum never mind an opponent.

So if we play these games and lose them you'd be happy?

Games being postponed on international dates is hardly a new phenomenon. And interestingly I noticed that the re arranged dunfermline match had an attendance in line with those games we've played on a Saturday.

I was there....trust me there was nowhere near the 43k quoted in the stadium for the game....added to the loss of revenue from hospitality and BT Sport who were showing the original game!

I was there....trust me there was nowhere near the 43k quoted in the stadium for the game....added to the loss of revenue from hospitality and BT Sport who were showing the original game!

what loss of revenue from BT sport? There was no loss of revenue. We get a flat fee per season, not per match.

There wasn't but there were still 43,000 odd tickets sold. How much did we lose in revenue from hospitality?

So if we play these games and lose them you'd be happy?

I'm never happy if we lose but our chances of winning would hardly be diminished at this level, especially at home and the incentive it could give to our fringe players to prove themselves in a competitive game could give them an edge and something to prove!

I'm never happy if we lose but our chances of winning would hardly be diminished at this level, especially at home and the incentive it could give to our fringe players to prove themselves in a competitive game could give them an edge and something to prove!

Do you mean like we were forced to do against Forfar in the league cup. Howd that go again? Oh aye we lost.