Gers behind us for years - Lennon

72barca

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've got to hand it to cornflakes teeth!

If that's not an incentive for every director, player and supporter to ram that statement down his dogshite breath infested throat then what is?

Also, I've never understood this "years behind" concept.

All Rangers need to produce and or buy is another 8-10 good players into the squad and we will be competing.

If we get the boardroom sorted out (especially introducing king) then that's easily achievable.

I sadly think he's right, the way we are losing money isn't right ATM, but giving that we started as a new company in division 3, yes we are still rangers are history is still ours and much to broken chisel teethes dismay they are still in our shadow, we still formed as a new company last year right? Every company in there first year bills for expenses and general day to day running is always more expensive! I know there is still and awful lot of unanswered questions as to how much has been used and what it's been used on but I think next years agm will be a lot farer and responsive as to where money is going! Here's hoping anyway! I still think mr king will have a lot of say/input in the months ahead especially once the this division title is one and planning for next season commences! Next season is potentially the biggest challenge instore? Does ally if funds are available start buying players in mind for the the premiership? Does he stick with what he has? Personally I think the team we have is good enough, but to make an immediate impact in premiership we need better class of player! Should if possible be looking to get these players is ASAP gel them into the team let them know what it's like to play at Scotland's biggest club!! Sorry to prang on just thought I'd get it out

They will spend next year to try and widen the gap between us and I only hope we are in a position to spend as well.

Spend on what? The kind of players we will be able to entice to the 2nd division(Championship) are not the players we are going to need to win the SPL back from Celtic. The year after is the big one. Celtic are not going to all of a sudden sign 11 Messi's and spend £100m, they won't be that far in front of us as long as by then we have a proper scouting network in place, an eye on future stars and a plan of how we are going to wrestle back our title.

Septic are concerned as Rangers appear to be slowly getting to grips with things off field, this equals money coming in, this equals better players at Ibrox. Off field it must be bursting their bacon that; we pull bigger crowds, we are debt free, that we are in the process of creating all kinds of history, that we are still front page news and they in their Champ League are having their fans exposed for what they are, our fans are going everywhere with out problems, we are progressing they appear to be at best standing still, we are building on field and off, they see it and it worries them.

"I don't think Rangers will be as strong initially as they were, though, as they will have to build up slowly and stabilise."

Rangers are on course for the League One title and hope to make light work of the Championship next term. But Lennon's side, with title in the bag and Euro money to bank, will remain ahead of their great rivals for years to come unless there's a huge injection of cash at Ibrox.

This is the sort of stuff that has a knack of coming back to bite you on the butt. I'd say they are at most 5 signings ahead of us at the moment at best, and 18 months can bring a great change in fortunes for any team. They are making the assumption of CL qualification for the next 2 seasons with the financial boost that gives. The truth is they may not even have any European games if the get the wrong sides in the qualifiers. There is also the assumption that they will retain their top players or replace them with similar or better quality. That again will depend on how they get on in Europe.

Much has been made in the press about their strength and depth of squad, but the truth is with the odd exception their squad lacks any real quality. As for their supposed big name players who are worth millions that depends on form a thing that can change with a kick of the ball. Just look at their keeper, it certainly looks like his capital has dropped after his performance for England last week and in reality he is the one player they have who one expected to be worth a big fee. As I mentioned earlier in this post I reckon we are about 5 player short of them just now, that is not a lot and we have 18 months to rectify the situation. Personally I expect that we will be in a lot healthier situation both on and off the park by then.

Football is "a funny old game", just when you think that everything is going well it has a knack of kicking the legs from under you. The one thing that nobody seems to have an understanding of is the pressure they will be under on our first year back in the top tier as they will be expected to win all trophies and beat us at every opportunity, at the same time what will we have to lose?

Nearly 4 pages of "I think Lennon's right", FFS that's the kinda bollocks that would have had us all talking German.

Get real, we need to let the dhims know their in a fight, don't just post "NO SURRENDER" believe it.

Returning back to play second best "F**K OFF", and for all those surrender monkeys. I just hope the UNION doesn't have to rely on your vote.

RANGERS and BRITISH "moral fortitude and backbone required".

AYE READY!

Right now it's a moot point. We have no serious competition in our league and they have no serious competition in theirs.

People may be basing the opinion they are way ahead of us due to a few favourable European results in the last couple years. However with that being their sole focus they can afford to put everything into a couple one off games a season.

Fact is right now no one can say how good either team is until we are back in the same league challenging each other every step of the way. They are notorious for buckling under any sort of pressure, and no matter your opinion on our manager I can't think of anyone better than Ally to convey to our players how much it means and to have them breaking down walls to get out there and win.

Some castigate Ally now for his winning mentality and not focusing solely on producing a footballing ethos/philosphy etc, but if that winning mentality at all costs being built now leads us to the title first season back will they relent in hindsight? It would surely go down as one of our greatest titles if we do it...

My head in all honesty says it'll be incredibly tough and unlikely, but my heart says we will fight till the day is done. Whether we get our title back first season or not all I want to see is a Rangers squad Ready to fight tooth and nail.

Right now it's a moot point. We have no serious competition in our league and they have no serious competition in theirs.

People may be basing the opinion they are way ahead of us due to a few favourable European results in the last couple years. However with that being their sole focus they can afford to put everything into a couple one off games a season.

Fact is right now no one can say how good either team is until we are back in the same league challenging each other every step of the way. They are notorious for buckling under any sort of pressure, and no matter your opinion on our manager I can't think of anyone better than Ally to convey to our players how much it means and to have them breaking down walls to get out there and win.

Some castigate Ally now for his winning mentality and not focusing solely on producing a footballing ethos/philosphy etc, but if that winning mentality at all costs being built now leads us to the title first season back will they relent in hindsight? It would surely go down as one of our greatest titles if we do it...

My head in all honesty says it'll be incredibly tough and unlikely, but my heart says we will fight till the day is done. Whether we get our title back first season or not all I want to see is a Rangers squad Ready to fight tooth and nail.

That's the spirit :wink:

We're years behind them off the park but of course it's possible to go up there and win the championship at the first attempt.

The problem is we will have to buy it, it may lead us down the same paths as before with debt and needing the Champion's League to break even etc.

We dont need to buy anything.. With 3,4 additions this current squad could win it. Stay in the race up until the final 10 games and take advantage when they slip up... The key to winning the league at the first attempt will be consistency not the squads

We dont need to buy anything.. With 3,4 additions this current squad could win it. Stay in the race up until the final 10 games and take advantage when they slip up... The key to winning the league at the first attempt will be consistency not the squads

Yup. If semi recent history is anything to go by, all we need to do is keep it close, then they will crumble, like they always do.

Nice passion albear :wink: I agree with you, it will be tough to win, but not because they are great and more because we are untested at that level on a consistent basis.

All it will come down to is consistency.. That mob can only effect our results 4 times a season.. The players must have this battered into them.. If we are consistent enough there is nothing they can do to stop us.

If the scum are that far ahead of us, how come they keep struggling against pish at home, yet churn out fair results against top sides in Europe.

Do you think that upon our return, they will just switch up a gear, and blow the lower SPL teams away like they used to?

We are in a stonger position, because WE have had to re-learn the art of defeating weaker opposition, with a much weaker squad ourselves, and they might well be in for a shock, very soon indeed.

It's really not an easy thing to judge right now. Hopefully we can start 2014 with some stability and the club can look to the future from there.

That being the case, we should be looking to end the reign of filth first time around! In it to win it, the only way.

If we do end up a close 2nd it's no disaster, just postponing the inevitable. After what we've been through I don't think that would bother us quite so much

In our first season back in the top division we'll be on to a winner regardless of whether we win the division or not... If we win at the first time of asking then it's a shite storm for them, we beat them in any game and it's going to be bad publicity for them... We finish second or above and it's a spectacular return from Rangers... It's our season regardless of the final outcome

So what if we come 3rd or 4th? That's not acceptable at all.

What makes people think we will be challenging so soon? Our manager has already said he needs millions and a top 6 is acceptable!