We are getting it wrong

glasgowrangersno1

We have a great chance to blood young guys to make them good players before we get to the top flight and we are wasting it.

We should have a spine of - Bell, Mohsni, McCulloch, Law, Daly - surrounded by youngsters.

McLeod, McKay, Aird are 3 who jump out but we've got other boys who could develop into good players.

We should even look at bringing 17/18 year olds from other clubs in.

Stating the obvious maybe but why isn't it obvious to our management team?

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You wont get many arguments from me. Ally like Walter has always seemed to shy away from using young players unless he has too, and usually when they came in and performed well they would be dropped once the "star" names were back. We have been used to buying the finished article for years and its embedded in our mindset especially the mindset of the NIAR years which obviously Ally and Durranty were steeped in. Its a big learning curve and i hope we realise the days of big signings and marquee players are over and its time to put all our eggs into the youth basket.

Catch 22 for Ally.

He played a lot of youngsters last season...they got booted off the park, we struggled...we didn't win every game.

Many on here wanted him sacked due to not winning every game.

So...he puts a team on the park that wins every game...."not enough youngsters" is the cry.

How does he win?

Maybe...just maybe....they're not good enough.

All apart from Little were signed though, i think the op means our Auchinhowie youth system rather than signing players.

Sadly they ain't good enough, last season showed that IMO.

Also most of the youngsters are signed and picked up from elsewhere. At this moment in time the gamble can not be take wether it's ally or del bosque in charge Rangers need back to back promotions.

Our youngsters can't achieve that.

Maybe he would, if so many weren't calling for him to be sacked if the youngsters under perform and we drop some points.

Main calls come from the Internet and I doubt he reads forums.

At games McCoist's name has been consistenty sung in support rather than demands for his sacking.

Will we kid on that templeton, Clark, little, peralta, Wallace are all ancient?

Well Wallace Templeton and perralta are all + 25....hardly youngsters in footballing terms!

Re the OP.....I agree wholeheartedly in so much as we have went about things the wrong way....instead of initiating a 3/5 year plan putting in place a scouting network, youth pathway etc we have focused solely on each individual promotion which would be fine if it wasn't already a guaranteed promotion before a ball is kicked....a great opportunity has been missed....that said we have threads like this every few weeks and they end up a train wreck with the pro/anti ally debate being brought up once again....we can't change things now so we might aswell support the team and hope things work out!

We have a great chance to blood young guys to make them good players before we get to the top flight and we are wasting it.

We should have a spine of - Bell, Mohsni, McCulloch, Law, Daly - surrounded by youngsters.

McLeod, McKay, Aird are 3 who jump out but we've got other boys who could develop into good players.

We should even look at bringing 17/18 year olds from other clubs in.

Stating the obvious maybe but why isn't it obvious to our management team?

Good to see you have freed yourself from the exclusivity of Boardroom & Financial No.1 I tweeted as much earlier tonight - a lot of relatively newcomers to this forum rarely venture to the Bears Den.

I agree with you - but as support we still have to develop the patience to see the hiccups such as Forfar as part of the learning curve rather than an unmitigated disaster - if we are to genuinely allow youth to flourish

Main calls come from the Internet and I doubt he reads forums.

At games McCoist's name has been consistenty sung in support rather than demands for his sacking.

Na...I'm not having that.

Some of the anti-McCoist stuff on here was disgusting and embarrassing.

So far he's shut the whiners back up.

The youngsters consistently let him down last season....he's built a team to win this season.

That's what you wanted.

Now you complain?

He doesn't have the Barcelona youths FFS.

Yep and enough for the usual suspects to call for Ally's head.

And? I won't deny I wanted him gone after that, it was an embarrassing defeat in the 1st round of a cup we were aiming to make a real impact in.

Can't argue with results since but it doesn't make that Forfar defeat any more acceptable.

Failures on the part of the management and players, no-one will convince me such a group doesn't have the ability to take care of part timers almost every time.

The team was shite.

The youngsters ain't half as good as RM likes to kid on they are. That roaster swsl had us believe we still had the second best team in scottish football last year, IcT and utd proved otherwise.

Kal Naismith, McKay, aird and a few others are the footballing geniuses this forum wanted to see play, when they played they barely gave us much.

Naismith had me longing to run onto the pitch and slap him around, McKay his assists apart is as frustrating as fuck.