We are getting it wrong

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Failures on the part of the management and players, no-one will convince me such a group doesn't have the ability to take care of part timers almost every time.

You want a team of unproven youths to dominate a league full of seasoned cloggers?

You're playing too much Football Manager.

Thank god you're not in charge.

The football isn't so great now

The team isn't great. You can't dress a fat munter like a model and expect her to be a model.

Our performances are way up on the shite we played last season. We average over 3.7 goals a game and barely concede. We play with 10 players in the other teams half with them having 11 camped in.

We still ain't a great team but it's sadly where we are

And? I won't deny I wanted him gone after that, it was an embarrassing defeat in the 1st round of a cup we were aiming to make a real impact in.

Can't argue with results since but it doesn't make that Forfar defeat any more acceptable.

Never said it was acceptable. Just seems to me if the team wins regardless of make up Ally gets no credit. If they lose Ally gets the blame. Lose lose for me.

The team was shite.

The youngsters ain't half as good as RM likes to kid on they are. That roaster swsl had us believe we still had the second best team in scottish football last year, IcT and utd proved otherwise.

Kal Naismith, McKay, aird and a few others are the footballing geniuses this forum wanted to see play, when they played they barely gave us much.

Naismith had me longing to run onto the pitch and slap him around, McKay his assists apart is as frustrating as fuck.

I don't think I've ever hyped up our youngsters that much, but does the level of opposition we face not even matter?

Auchenhowie is an incredible waste of money if we can't expect at least a large proportion of our developed players to be good enough for part time level.

You want a team of unproven youths to dominate a league full of seasoned cloggers?

You're playing too much Football Manager.

Thank god you're not in charge.

Well they managed to win it comfortably last season despite some awful results and performances.

I'm not saying I don't want us to have experience but I don't think we need as big a squad as we've got.

I don't think I've ever hyped up our youngsters that much, but does the level of opposition we face not even matter?

Auchenhowie is an incredible waste of money if we can't expect at least a large proportion of our developed players to be good enough for part time level.

Blame the management team of ally Kenny and durrant, it's the easiest way,

Elfidelo has told us Sinclair has to go for the youngsters to flourish, other than the year fleck and co came through I don't mind many of our youth sides being particuarly great.

When I was at my peak (don't laugh) I played against Boab Davison and the boy that played left back for QOTS can't mind his name and rangers thumped us with QP and they looked excellent. Davisons life style and shite attitude stopped him progressing from what I thought was one of the best forwards I'd ever played against.

Na...I'm not having that.

Some of the anti-McCoist stuff on here was disgusting and embarrassing.

So far he's shut the whiners back up.

The youngsters consistently let him down last season....he's built a team to win this season.

That's what you wanted.

Now you complain?

He doesn't have the Barcelona youths FFS.

I was only responding to your point that he might be being over cautious because of fans calling for his head, but as far as I can see it is mainly on forums that happens. For your point to have some merit I think there'd need go be some vocal stick given to him at games, IMO anyway.

Well they managed to win it comfortably last season despite some awful results and performances.

I'm not saying I don't want us to have experience but I don't think we need as big a squad as we've got.

That they did....and this place was swamped with Sack McCoist posts.....

Not good enough, never a manager etc etc.

So he makes some great buys....a guy from Southend ffs...who's a great player...Law....great player....wins every league game possible and you're moaning STILL?

I mean, what can he do?

How have this glorious Hearts youth team got on vs lower league teams this year?

I think they've lost every game...you can tell me if I'm wrong.

I noticed you used the word "dominate" earlier. There was a thread on here a few weeks ago on a similar subject. I dont think Ally would have got half the stick had we lost to the likes of East Stirling with a team of youngsters - the fact we had seasoned pros out that day added to the sense of frustration and anger.

I would have foregone winning the league last year at a canter - if we had won it by a smaller margin whilst still developing a nucleus for the future. I think its a delicate balance which hasnt been helped by some unrealistic expectations - some seem to have expected a "Busby's Babes" progressing through the leagues playing flowing football. You are right - the reality is that was never going to happen.

But somewhere along the way we need to develop a better balance - as much as anything finance itself suggests we cant sustain the current model.

I was only responding to your point that he might be being over cautious because of fans calling for his head, but as far as I can see it is mainly on forums that happens. For your point to have some merit I think there'd need go be some vocal stick given to him at games, IMO anyway.

I'm quite sure Ally was aware many were not impressed last season. He said it often enough pre-season....same as he said he was going to fix it.

He has.

Blame the management team of ally Kenny and durrant, it's the easiest way,

Elfidelo has told us Sinclair has to go for the youngsters to flourish, other than the year fleck and co came through I don't mind many of our youth sides being particuarly great.

When I was at my peak (don't laugh) I played against Boab Davison and the boy that played left back for QOTS can't mind his name and rangers thumped us with QP and they looked excellent. Davisons life style and shite attitude stopped him progressing from what I thought was one of the best forwards I'd ever played against.

I haven't really blamed anyone in particular, clearly there's a collective failure.

I stand by that we don't need such a big squad though and that it could be supplemented by some youngsters, at this level.

I noticed you used the word "dominate" earlier. There was a thread on here a few weeks ago on a similar subject. I dont think Ally would have got half the stick had we lost to the likes of East Stirling with a team of youngsters - the fact we had seasoned pros out that day added to the sense of frustration and anger.

I would have foregone winning the league last year at a canter - if we had won it by a smaller margin whilst still developing a nucleus for the future. I think its a delicate balance which hasnt been helped by some unrealistic expectations - some seem to have expected a "Busby's Babes" progressing through the leagues playing flowing football. You are right - the reality is that was never going to happen.

But somewhere along the way we need to develop a better balance - as much as anything finance itself suggests we cant sustain the current model.

I agree with the last sentence dart sadly we will have to recruit these youngsters by the looks of it, although I still hold out high hopes for Murdoch, Stoney and gasparotto

Sadly they ain't good enough, last season showed that IMO.

Also most of the youngsters are signed and picked up from elsewhere. At this moment in time the gamble can not be take wether it's ally or del bosque in charge Rangers need back to back promotions.

Our youngsters can't achieve that.

Not purely on their own no, but nobodys saying we put our Swifts team out as our first team in every match, more that we blood more youngsters like Stoney, Telfer ect within first team games, even just one or two a month would be benifical to them and to us.

I haven't really blamed anyone in particular, clearly there's a collective failure.

I stand by that we don't need such a big squad though and that it could be supplemented by some youngsters, at this level.

But the youngsters here just ain't good enough

You brought up Hearts.....who remain rock bottom...they've maybe gained a point on Killie?

They would be second bottom without the deduction.

I'm fairly certain they've got beaten by every lower league team they've played - they've been beaten by at least two.

If that's an example of your point....you're on a shoogly peg mr.

Not purely on their own no, but nobodys saying we put our Swifts team out as our first team in every match, more that we blood more youngsters like Stoney, Telfer ect within first team games, even just one or two a month would be benifical to them and to us.

I'm not denying that but the op specifically named McKay and aird, I don't believe these two will ever make it

I'm quite sure Ally was aware many were not impressed last season. He said it often enough pre-season....same as he said he was going to fix it.

He has.

By working on how he does things or throwing cash at it?

And again that's not to say I didn't think we needed any signings.

By working on how he does things or throwing cash at it?

And again that's not to say I didn't think we needed any signings.

STB he never threw cash at it, he was allocated a budget and I don't know if he spent it all but the CEO gave him it and backed him.

Ally and Mather deserve credit for what they delivered IMO