Initial Debt

calgary

BDO stated we were owed more money than was owed and there would be a surplus, did they not.

I believe that taxes should be paid, but I also believe that HMRC went after us with the intention of putting us out of business, that's why we should never ever pay a penny of that tax bill and if the rest of Scottish Football does not like it, fuck them...

I always thought it was Whytes debt what will happen when he is found guilty then?

If he is found guilty of Financial Assistance (which is essentially buying controlling interest using the companies funds and something which in my opinion from what we know, is the case here) then the sale can be deemed void and he could face criminal prosecution.

Does this mean David Murray gets everything back ? :ph34r:

Dont think so as things are a bit far gone for that. (tu)

Sorry was being dense and responding on my iphone. Fail.

As we were a going concern, any ongoing debts would have been taken up by Whyte, so the only external debt due was the bank loan to Lloyds of £18m and the Wee Tax Case of £2.5m.

We would have trade creditors, football creditors, finance leases but these were not due at the time of sale. Bond holders were only due money back on administration not in the normal course of trade. We had no overdraft as the sale was done in June after season ticket money and the board had already been driving to eliminate this.

Administration was entirely avoidable except for the actions of HMRC. They played hardball and stalled and delayed and fought instead of coming to an arrangement. In the end they lost their case, but the damage had been done as our bankers refused to support us and no other bank would lend with the risk that was over us.

(tu)

I was typing on phone also, hence 'Adam' selling instead of 'DM...' doh

If he is found guilty of Financial Assistance (which is essentially buying controlling interest using the companies funds and something which in my opinion from what we know, is the case here) then the sale can be deemed void and he could face criminal prosecution.

The courts have the option to unravel the proceeding sale but this won't be taken up given what has happened to get us to where we are. I'd settle for googly eyes to spend a long time in BarL and his pocket money on lube.

Wow that would be some outcome if that happened would be awful but he could have the chance to put things right.

What would happen between new and oldco then?

Wow that would be some outcome if that happened would be awful but he could have the chance to put things right.

What would happen between new and oldco then?

As i say, i think things are too far gone on that front.

Whilst the original sale could be declared void, i believe Lloyds would not need to pay a penny back as their transaction would have went through Whyte and im unsure how any debt procured from the sale date would be treated.

Is it possible that all debt from the 6th May 2011 incurred by Rangers is transferred to Craig Whyte in these circumstances ? I believe so.

Is it possible that therefore the club could be handed back to David Murray owing only £2.5m to HMRC and £3m to trade creditors ? Highly unlikely but I believe so.

Is it possible that under those circumstances we could demand our TV and prize money etc from SPL ? Highly unlikely but I believe so.

Is it possible we could get back in the top division earlier ? Highly unlikely but I believe so.

I think the most likely outcome is that Whyte will do time and the sale will be left as it was if im being honest. (tu)

Whilst the original sale could be declared void, i believe Lloyds would not need to pay a penny back as their transaction would have went through Whyte and im unsure how any debt procured from the sale date would be treated.

Is it possible that all debt from the 6th May 2011 incurred by Rangers is transferred to Craig Whyte in these circumstances ? I believe so.

Is it possible that therefore the club could be handed back to David Murray owing only £2.5m to HMRC and £3m to trade creditors ? Highly unlikely but I believe so.

Is it possible that under those circumstances we could demand our TV and prize money etc from SPL ? Highly unlikely but I believe so.

Is it possible we could get back in the top division earlier ? Highly unlikely but I believe so.

I think the most likely outcome is that Whyte will do time and the sale will be left as it was if im being honest. (tu)

I hopw so David Murray being back wouldnt be great imo id like things to stay the same and our board given the chance to take us onwards and upwards.

Is it not along these lines that the American guy was wanting to do?

BDO stated we were owed more money than was owed and there would be a surplus, did they not.

I believe that taxes should be paid, but I also believe that HMRC went after us with the intention of putting us out of business, that's why we should never ever pay a penny of that tax bill and if the rest of Scottish Football does not like it, fuck them...

(tu)

the only external debt due was the bank loan to Lloyds of £18m and the Wee Tax Case of £2.5m.

Administration was entirely avoidable except for the actions of HMRC. They played hardball and stalled and delayed and fought instead of coming to an arrangement. In the end they lost their case, but the damage had been done as our bankers refused to support us and no other bank would lend with the risk that was over us.

Meanwhile Hmrc have let other football teams/major companies off rather light considering they had a far bigger debt than our potential liability!! And some don't believe this was peddled by evil powers at be!!

Meanwhile Hmrc have let other football teams/major companies off rather light considering they had a far bigger debt than our potential liability!! And some don't believe this was peddled by evil powers at be!!

I think there are many in Scottish football who hate us, but I don't think that is what got us here.

There was a perfect storm and we were in the middle of it. People took advantage of it certainly, but it was not some great conspiracy.

SDM operated a fucking risky bit of tax avoidance.

He was up to his neck in debt to an out of control bank.

The bank went bust and was taken over.

HMRC started taking aggressive actions against avoidance.

Lloyds wanted their money back.

The global economy went to shit.

SDM lost ultimate control of his business.

A fucking chancer and utter reptile of a man got his grubby hands on us.

Only after all of that, did those in Scottish football line up to take their kicks.

HMRC started taking aggressive actions against avoidance.

Yes but why only pursue us so vigorously, and not other clubs/companies,,, Arsenal? Vodafone? etc etc

Only after all of that, did those in Scottish football line up to take their kicks.

I didnt mention anything about others in Scottish football! But now you mention it. What about Focus (with its links to Celtic) complaining and having our away fans banned from ultimately a very important away match against Malmo in the champions league? Which if we would have won, with the help of our support being present could have possibly prevented the whole administration process!

Your right they did see their opportunity or was it all part of a master plan? Too many opportunities to be coincidences in my view!