Who in our squad is good enough to win the SPFL

theiconicman

ES when you look at the squad you've posted it only highlights to me the amount of work our squad actually needs, theres a lot of money in signings, signing on fees and potential pay-offs before we re-shape that squad into contenders for the Premiership

I think we need one top class (for Scottish football) player in each position ie at least one top Keeper one top CB ,one top full back (Wallace is already there) one top CM (Macleod?) one top winger (Temps has the potential but maybe not the drive) and one top striker to win the title plus some good back up players some of our current squad will hopefully be good enough for that role.

Wallace definitely.

I'd like to see Law and Moshni need to be tested against better opposition before I make a definite judgement on them, but they're possibles.

MacLeod if he continues to improve.

The rest, not good enough to finish above the rioters.

Lee Wallace has never won a League Championship. But aye he's the obvious one. :rolleyes: Plenty time for all within the squad currently to improve.

Oh, and Jig is the obvious one. Proven winner.

That's one of the reasons i put Jig in the top category he knows what it takes to win titles but at 36/37 will he still be able to play week in week out and play well at the top? I hope so and I hope Jig becomes the new Davie Weir but its not a given by any means.

Lee Wallace has never won a League Championship. But aye he's the obvious one. :rolleyes: Plenty time for all within the squad currently to improve.

Oh, and Jig is the obvious one. Proven winner.

Sometimes I really wonder about you! It must be an act you put on....why are you trying to belittle people's opinions? If I were to do that I would literary laugh at your assertion that "jig is the obvious one" bearing in mind he will be out of contract and more than likely retired by the time we get back in the SPL but hey I'm not like that! :lol:

Very good player. Gets overhyped on here by many though.

He's not world class by any means but in terms of Scottish football he's the best left back around.

He appears to be a level above most when he puts on the strip and that's the main reason I think he'd be one of the few we currently have that could bring the title back to Ibrox.

Bheggars will spend considerably. So comparing our players now against their squad now is pointless.

Wi the Co-op bank aboot tae go tits up, even the CL money won't cover the manky wages every season,

Failure tae qualify, even once, before we get back up will absolutely cripple them.

Look at the transfer dealings in scottish fitba, every team, bar us, is sellin'' their best an replacing them with inferior quality,

The gap will close even more given another 2 seasons.

So, IMO, our current squad given 2 years to mature will be capable of winning the top prize.

My doubt is over the gaffer, love Coisty forever for all he has achieved as a player and for holding the

fort thru these troubled times, but, I just don't think he has the capability to get us the top trophy.

I hope he proves me wrong.

Guys like Templeton, Foster and Shiels have looked good in the SPL - but haven't impressed for us. Almost impossible to say.

Re Shiels and Templeton, they've looked good, but never good enough to win a championship. That's a couple of steps beyond looking good for Hibs, Killie or Hearts.

I wouldn't put Jig in it at all, he's been the on field symbol for us since we went into Admin in Feb 2012 but I really didn't think he was good enough for our first team back then and I doubt if all was well many would be happy with him in the first team if we were in the Premiership right now.

Proven winner yes undoubtedly but I'd be hard pushed to convince myself that we'd not have succeeded without Lee

Fur fux sache guys, take it as some light hearted football chat, have you all forgotten what that is?

I didn't ask who are Celtic going to buy and who will we buy and what will the results be? I asked who in our current squad would be good enough to challenge Celtic as they stand.

Re Shiels and Templeton, they've looked good, but never good enough to win a championship. That's a couple of steps beyond looking good for Hibs, Killie or Hearts.

Totally agree, the question you have to ask yourself when thinking about Sheils or Temp is would that level of player been considered good enough to help us win the league in 2007 when Walter was just back and we were supposed to be 5 years behind the tims? I don't think they're at the same level as Kevin Thomson, Steven Whittaker or Steven Naismith who we signed from SPL clubs, not only that but they had the luxury of walking into a team with guys like Barry Ferguson, Alan Hutton, Davie Weir, Allan McGregor, Sasa Papic and Kris Boyd